• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Any ideas on why some people lend so much meaning to the Theory of Evolution?

rusra02

Premium Member
A few would, I'm sure. So?

They'd be proven wrong when presented with the mountains of evidence supporting evolution.
Your first statement implies only a few disagree with evolution theory. I believe many do. Your second statement is simply an assertion.

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
I assume this is because evolution makes a creator redundant, and creation myths irrelevant.

assume definition= *** u me makes and $$$ out of U and ME.
Opinions are like ###holes. Everyone has one and some show theirs often.:D

Skwim

Veteran Member
Many intelligent people, including biologists and other scientists, disagree with that statement.
NO intelligent people, including biologists and other scientists, disagree with that statement: "It's a well evidenced scientific theory." The most any intelligent person might say is that while there's a lot of evidence, it's unconvincing. Now, there are certainly some biased biologists and other scientists who disagree with that statement, but none of them qualify as intelligent.

Anyone who wants the facts can do a search on; "scientists who reject evolution".
Ah the old numbers game again *sigh* Just to remind you again of Project Steve, which goes much further than any of the lists you suggest we look at, and actually provides the names, fields of study, and education/work affiliations, for all 1,389 scientists named Steve (considered to be only 1% of all scientists) who have signed a statement.in support of evolution. About 2/3 are biologists. And Just so you're aware, this 1%, translates into 138,900 scientists who believe in evolution. 138,900 compared to your what, 514? The number bragged about HERE And while the percentage of biologists supporting evolution amounts to 66% of all the scientists signing on, those biologists who have DOUBTS about (not reject) evolution only comprise 30% of the 514.

Of course, if you have links to a better list, please share. Otherwise we'll go with THIS one. (The second listed site on your suggested search for "scientists who reject evolution")

Last edited:

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
NO intelligent people, including biologists and other scientists, disagree with that statement: "It's a well evidenced scientific theory." The most any intelligent person might say is that while there's a lot of evidence, it's unconvincing. Now, there are certainly some biased biologists and other scientists who disagree with that statement, but none of them qualify as intelligent.

I don't quite see how that logic follows. Rejecting biological evolution doesn't make someone unintelligent. Shallow ad hominems don't make one unintelligent either.

Skwim

Veteran Member
I don't quite see how that logic follows. Rejecting biological evolution doesn't make someone unintelligent.
Of course not, but I said biased biologists and other scientists. From what I've seen almost all those rejecting evolution are Christians. Christians who hold so dearly to a literal reading of their Bible they won't let themselves consider anything that may stand in opposition to it. They are biased to the point of
images
"I can't hear you." And I don't consider purposeful bias to be intelligent. In my opinion a person who insists on not fairly considering the other side of an issue, something almost endemic among creationists, is not worthy of the label "intelligent."

Last edited:

jeager106

Premium Member
But no one's talking about Darwinian evolution. We're talking about modern evolutionary synthesis,

Oh darn!

Parry and ................................thrust!
Gotcha!
Abstract
The ‘modern evolutionary synthesis’ convinced most biologists that natural selection was the only directive influence on adaptive evolution. Today, however, dissatisfaction with the synthesis is widespread, and creationists and antidarwinians are multiplying. The central problem with the synthesis is its failure to show (or to provide distinct signs) that natural selection of random mutations could account for observed levels of adaptation.

Enough. In the interest of taking up time and electrons in cyberspace we could
fence to and fro forever and not change one persons mind.
There comes a time when one must face life and yield to the higher authority.

MINE!:gun::gun::gun:
Gotcha again.:kiss::kiss:

jeager106

Premium Member
Those without a sense of humor should seek psychiatric help. Or go have several of
these.
:beermug::beermug:
Or go pluck a :rooster:.
Or smoke something and catch a :bee:
I'm not :chicken: of anyone's opinions.
I can't :pandaface: the arguing.
I'll make like a :rabbit: and go now.

(sorry. I can't help myself.)

jeager106

Premium Member
Please recall in the Christian Bible in Hesachia Ch:6, verse 9,
"don't take yourself so seriously".
Look it up.:glomp::glomp:

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Your first statement implies only a few disagree with evolution theory. I believe many do. Your second statement is simply an assertion.
There are mountains of evidence that support evolution from multiple fields of science. That is a fact.

It is also a fact that the vast majority of scientists and scientific bodies accept evolution.

You can believe that "many" don't accept it all day long if you want. Beliefs aren't facts though.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Oh darn!

Parry and ................................thrust!
Gotcha!
Abstract
The ‘modern evolutionary synthesis’ convinced most biologists that natural selection was the only directive influence on adaptive evolution. Today, however, dissatisfaction with the synthesis is widespread, and creationists and antidarwinians are multiplying. The central problem with the synthesis is its failure to show (or to provide distinct signs) that natural selection of random mutations could account for observed levels of adaptation.

Enough. In the interest of taking up time and electrons in cyberspace we could
fence to and fro forever and not change one persons mind.
There comes a time when one must face life and yield to the higher authority.

MINE!:gun::gun::gun:
Gotcha again.:kiss::kiss:
Where did you get that from? Can you provide a citation?