• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another Trans attempts attack on schools

We Never Know

No Slack
If you really thought this, your position on gun control would be very different.

Why? If you look at most arguments here its about who does and who doesn't.

I own guns, I don't drink.

I think we should do away with alcohol and get stricter on gun background checks.

You may think we should get rid of guns and leave alcohol alone.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
"No, that wasn't what I was referring to.
I suggest you read your disturbing post again"

That don't cut it. You accused me of being a walking example of why your country needs some serious gun regulation".
Because you apparantly think it's a good idea to have masses of armed civilian militias in the streets.
To the point even of preventing people to exercise their consitutional right to protest.

Derp.

You demonstrated that same attitude also by asking where that picture came from that I posted. As if there is ever a "context" where having such armed civilians out in public is "normal".

Bonkers. Completely bonkers.

Counting down to the next civilian senseless mass shooting.... maybe we should have a pool. I'll put money in "within the next 5 days".
Any takers?

Let's also have one from France or Belgium or Germany or Sweden or.... Or all of Europe at once, perhaps.
I'ld say "within the next year", but i'ld probably lose my money because it will likely take longer.

We Never Know

No Slack
Because you apparantly think it's a good idea to have masses of armed civilian militias in the streets.
To the point even of preventing people to exercise their consitutional right to protest.

Derp.

You demonstrated that same attitude also by asking where that picture came from that I posted. As if there is ever a "context" where having such armed civilians out in public is "normal".

Bonkers. Completely bonkers.

Counting down to the next civilian senseless mass shooting.... maybe we should have a pool. I'll put money in "within the next 5 days".
Any takers?

Let's also have one from France or Belgium or Germany or Sweden or.... Or all of Europe at once, perhaps.
I'ld say "within the next year", but i'ld probably lose my money because it will likely take longer.

Weren't those people also exercising their constitutional rights?

Reminds me of this which I have posted several times..

IMG_20230411_115014.jpg

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
It makes it legal. Just as it is in these states.

Currently, the other states with permitless carry laws are: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, West Virginia and Wyoming

And you think "permitless carry laws" are a good idea, especially in a nations where there is a mass shooting every other day and gun violence pretty much every day?

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
They are not easier to get. The same laws apply.
The laws didn't change.
Ok.

Let's spell it out

When is it easier to by item X:

When item X costs 500 dollars
or
When item X costs 450 dollars

I just asked my 7-year old son and he got it right immediately, after giving me funny look for asking him such a dumb question. He almost asked me if I thought he's stupid.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
If you make it easier for people to have more guns in more places, that is what's ultimately relevant. So all the factors come into play: who can buy one, in what circumstances (consider waiting periods), what kind they can buy, where can they carry them, how expensive they are. All those variables matter.

And by the way, the same logic applies to smoking and alcohol. Which is why you bringing them up was rather odd. And we agreed you don't want to make it easier for kids to use them, ergo we should regulate them since they do so much harm.
Exactly.

Belgian authorities want people to quite smoking.
They don't want to make cigarettes illegal.

So they tax the hell out of it. Which they can easily defend by pointing how smokers bring with them heavy costs for health care, so they use those taxes for funding health care.

And lo and behold, many people in fact quit smoking because where the bad habbit used to cost them 50 bucks a month, it now is 250 bucks a month.
I myself am in fact psychologically preparing myself to quit, for the sole reason of the cost.

So yes, taxing a product is a pretty good solution to reduce its useage if for some reason you don't want to simply make it illegal.

Curious George

Veteran Member
I'm sure there are ways to alleviate some of the issues that tend to cause gun deaths, but the sheer number in circulation and the easy of obtaining them - and where the legally bought ones often go into the illegal realm - seems to be something that will always be there unless severe restrictions are considered. With gun deaths usually being associated with the number of such weapons in any society. Such that this is why so many do believe this must eventually be the solution.
I certainly agree the reduction in access of guns will lead to fewer gun deaths. I don’t see that as the root problem. I see murderous intent, suicidal ideation and behavior, and carelessness as the cause of the vast majority of homicide, suicide (to include those where a gun was involved) deaths, and accidental injury and/or death by gun.

I do not see the prevalence of guns alone as a root cause. I think this is where we disagree. I don’t think supporting the type of change I do is contrary to any goal that aims to reduce the gun injuries and deaths. I also don’t think we need to jump to constrict rights when there is plenty of other way to better achieve the same results. I understand that some may think that pursuing other policies, which aim at what I see as the root issues, would be insufficient and I accept their advocacy towards the end of reducing gun accessibility; I simply disagree with them on that facet.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
I brought up alcohol and tobacco be cause someone injected automobiles into the conversation.

Sure. And all of them are deadly and thus should be regulated. People find that obvious when it comes to cars and drugs (though often those regulations are so entrenched that people aren't even conscious of them) but when it comes to guns they lose all sense.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
They could have stopped and spoke what ever they wanted to say. They just weren't going to be aloud to do as they pleased.
Btw, several black people live in that town and were right there with the rest of the towns people.
BLM protesters weren't doing whatever they want. It's either being terrified of a boogeymen because BLM protests where overwhelming peaceful, or, what's more likely because I did grow up in a rural,small town setting near that one, it's racist. In the same vein as every chicken who warned me not to go to the black part of town because I'd get mugged or raped. But in reality the only thing at risk there was my cholesterol levels. Ans then there's that dumb hick who told me to be careful in Detroit because "they have a lot black people."

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I would bet your 7 year old also understands whether a gun sells for $100 or a $1, it doesn't make it easier for him to get.
You can't be serious.

Perhaps his kid should tutor you.
Weren't those people also exercising their constitutional rights?

Reminds me of this which I have posted several times..

View attachment 74853
If conservatives believed this, then why do they oppose LGBT rights, reproductive rights, cannabis legalization, drag shows, library books, etc.?

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
That's the kind of view that one acquires
by thinking that what's sensationalized in
the news is an accurate picture of reality.

I've found it interesting to watch videos of
people who travel to foreign countries
(especially to USA), & discuss how their
expectations matched (or not) the reality
they found.
Admittedly I was being somewhat hyperbolic.
I don’t actually think the US is full of a bunch of trigger happy peeps who value guns more than kids.
I often forget that my dark demented sense of humour doesn’t translate very well. Especially not through the written word.

But it does appear that the official stance of the country (your representatives) is one that doesn’t really want to do anything about said school shootings
Thats a view I acquired by literally watching the US government in action. Your various politicians debating the issue for weeks upon weeks, which are now on international display thanks to technology. Often live, even. Thanks internet.

I mean it’s one thing to have school shootings. That is very tragic and I wouldn’t wish that upon any nation.
It’s quite another when actual representatives don’t do anything about it for decades upon decades.

That’s where the reputation comes from. Failure to act is itself very telling.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Admittedly I was being somewhat hyperbolic.
I don’t actually think the US is full of a bunch of trigger happy peeps who value guns more than kids.
I often forget that my dark demented sense of humour doesn’t translate very well. Especially not through the written word.

But it does appear that the official stance of the country (your representatives) is one that doesn’t really want to do anything about said school shootings
Thats a view I acquired by literally watching the US government in action. Your various politicians debating the issue for weeks upon weeks, which are now on international display thanks to technology. Often live, even. Thanks internet.

I mean it’s one thing to have school shootings. That is very tragic and I wouldn’t wish that upon any nation.
It’s quite another when actual representatives don’t do anything about it for decades upon decades.

That’s where the reputation comes from. Failure to act is itself very telling.
You & I both need to warn the masses before we josh them.