• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

An Ex-Muslim Woman's story

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't write this, it was written by a woman named Fatima in response to an article about women in the middle east and it was forwarded to me by a friend
==============
I am a ex-muslim womyn who was formerly married to a muslim man and I want to share my story. This article is INCREDIBLY biased & I found it offensive that such a whitewashed version of islam could be put on a public site. It tells nothing of the MILLIONS of muslim women raped or even murdered in the name of Islam.

I was married at gunpoint when I was 12 years old because a rich 60-year old man from my country decided that I was to become property and not a humyn being. My family was poor then, and my mother needed an operation so my family agreed to it because they were promised money. Of course it is normal in Arab culture to lie and cheat, so we never received the money. We went to court, but before the trial could convene, my husband had my whole family murdered in front of me as I was forced to watch. My baby brother was tied to a Mercedes Benz and dragged through the desert, while my 90-year old grandmother was stabbed. The rest of my family was locked in a barn as a dozen trucks pulled up, and were suffocated to death using diesel exhaust.

After this my "husband" who had kidnapped me and murdered my family for the crime of being poor left the country and we lived for a while in Switzerland as he had some money stashed away in a Swiss bank account. I was raped, drugged and beaten almost every night, and forced to cook dinner. If I didn't do as my kidnapper and tormenter demanded, he would resort to violence and force me to watch videos of my family being murdered. While we were in Switzerland my husband had a friend a white Swiss man who converted to islam and sometimes he would come and join in the torture. He was an ex-SS man who worked in Auschwitz and had a number of torture implements from the war, and would take joy in torturing me and laugh maniacally as I cried out in pain.

Around this time I realized that I was lesbian as well so I attempted to ask my "husband" for a divorce. Of course since Islamic law does not permit divorce or same-sex relationships this only made the abuse even worse. I managed to escape and lived in the woods for about a month, eating mud and grass, and sometimes even drinking my own blood to stay alive. During that time I was hiding and had to sleep in an outhouse. Eventually my husband found me and he gouged out one of my eyes and amputated one of my feet with a sword for this (afterwards locking me in a dark closet with nails in the door for a week) and said "women are not humans, the Koran says they have to serve men". My husband's Nazi friend helped him set up an electrified barbed wire fence around our house so that I could not leave without permission.

I went to the police but after my husband made a donation of a new fleet of squad cars and promised to renovate their headquarters the charges were dropped. The torture continued for about a whole year. Around the same time, my husband started associating with more far-right thugs, and they would regularly go out at night and "look for a Jew or two to beat up". When I tried to say that it was wrong, somehow my husband became paranoid that I might have had some Jewish blood as his friend the Nazi told him. So just to show me who was "boss" he locked me in the closet again for two weeks. Daily he would insult me as a "filthy Jew" and hurl racial slurs at me. So I tried to run away again. I dug underneath the electrified fence in our yard using a spoon and eventually made it to the Dutch border. As I did not have any money, I was forced to sneak across the border.

I hitchhiked to Paris and went into the American embassy. Today I live in California and have a fufilling relationship with my fiancee (we would have gotten married if it had not been for the draconian Prop 8 which reminds me of shariah) and a job. In 2008, I voted for the first time for Obama, who like me, comes from an oppressed minority background. I am here to tell everyone we MUST fight Islam because Islam is the worst form of patriarchy, a barbaric death cult that encourages subjugation of womyn and indeed all humyn beings.

It will not be an easy fight but fight it we must.

savethedreams

I thought a women can ask for a divorce and receive it, according to Islam site The Deen show a man explained it very carefully.

Songbird

She rules her life like a bird in flight
ppɐʇɹnɯ;2332877 said:
I didn't write this, it was written by a woman named Fatima in response to an article about women in the middle east and it was forwarded to me by a friend
==============
I am a ex-muslim womyn who was formerly married to a muslim man and I want to share my story. This article is INCREDIBLY biased & I found it offensive that such a whitewashed version of islam could be put on a public site. It tells nothing of the MILLIONS of muslim women raped or even murdered in the name of Islam.

I was married at gunpoint when I was 12 years old because a rich 60-year old man from my country decided that I was to become property and not a humyn being. My family was poor then, and my mother needed an operation so my family agreed to it because they were promised money. Of course it is normal in Arab culture to lie and cheat, so we never received the money. We went to court, but before the trial could convene, my husband had my whole family murdered in front of me as I was forced to watch. My baby brother was tied to a Mercedes Benz and dragged through the desert, while my 90-year old grandmother was stabbed. The rest of my family was locked in a barn as a dozen trucks pulled up, and were suffocated to death using diesel exhaust.

After this my "husband" who had kidnapped me and murdered my family for the crime of being poor left the country and we lived for a while in Switzerland as he had some money stashed away in a Swiss bank account. I was raped, drugged and beaten almost every night, and forced to cook dinner. If I didn't do as my kidnapper and tormenter demanded, he would resort to violence and force me to watch videos of my family being murdered. While we were in Switzerland my husband had a friend a white Swiss man who converted to islam and sometimes he would come and join in the torture. He was an ex-SS man who worked in Auschwitz and had a number of torture implements from the war, and would take joy in torturing me and laugh maniacally as I cried out in pain.

Around this time I realized that I was lesbian as well so I attempted to ask my "husband" for a divorce. Of course since Islamic law does not permit divorce or same-sex relationships this only made the abuse even worse. I managed to escape and lived in the woods for about a month, eating mud and grass, and sometimes even drinking my own blood to stay alive. During that time I was hiding and had to sleep in an outhouse. Eventually my husband found me and he gouged out one of my eyes and amputated one of my feet with a sword for this (afterwards locking me in a dark closet with nails in the door for a week) and said "women are not humans, the Koran says they have to serve men". My husband's Nazi friend helped him set up an electrified barbed wire fence around our house so that I could not leave without permission.

I went to the police but after my husband made a donation of a new fleet of squad cars and promised to renovate their headquarters the charges were dropped. The torture continued for about a whole year. Around the same time, my husband started associating with more far-right thugs, and they would regularly go out at night and "look for a Jew or two to beat up". When I tried to say that it was wrong, somehow my husband became paranoid that I might have had some Jewish blood as his friend the Nazi told him. So just to show me who was "boss" he locked me in the closet again for two weeks. Daily he would insult me as a "filthy Jew" and hurl racial slurs at me. So I tried to run away again. I dug underneath the electrified fence in our yard using a spoon and eventually made it to the Dutch border. As I did not have any money, I was forced to sneak across the border.

I hitchhiked to Paris and went into the American embassy. Today I live in California and have a fufilling relationship with my fiancee (we would have gotten married if it had not been for the draconian Prop 8 which reminds me of shariah) and a job. In 2008, I voted for the first time for Obama, who like me, comes from an oppressed minority background. I am here to tell everyone we MUST fight Islam because Islam is the worst form of patriarchy, a barbaric death cult that encourages subjugation of womyn and indeed all humyn beings.

It will not be an easy fight but fight it we must.

While horrible if true, and I don't doubt similar stories exist, this sounds suspiciously like a made-up email forward.

Hyperborean

Cultural Conservative
While horrible if true, and I don't doubt similar stories exist, this sounds suspiciously like a made-up email forward.

The "ex-SS man" who was supposedly a friend sounds a bit too convenient, if you ask me. Also, it's pretty difficult to suffocate people with diesel. Diesel engines have an extremely low CO exhaust. In fact, it's so low that Diesel engines are often used in mines and submarines. You'd need not only an airtight door, but they'd have to be in there for days.

Dezzie

If this is true, I don't agree with the last statement:

I am here to tell everyone we MUST fight Islam because Islam is the worst form of patriarchy, a barbaric death cult that encourages subjugation of womyn and indeed all humyn beings.

Not everyone goes through a life like this in the Middle East... This person's "husband" and his friend were stupid. You see plenty of abuse such as this in Christianity and various other Faith's. No one should ever single out ONE Religion. If someone thinks we should fight Islam, we ought to fight every other Religion too.

...I also do not think that this specific story is true (even though I am sure it has happened elsewhere). I mean... this person can spell patriarchy and subjugation but can not spell woman and human? Unless this person is trying to make a point... This is from Urban Dictionary: Human with a "Y" is commonly used by pompous feminists. Woman with a "Y" is a Militant lesbian spelling of 'woman' that makes use of the same letter assigned to the male sex chromosome: Y. I don't know... maybe this person is making a point, but this word use still seems silly to me.

Do you know if this story is 100% true?

Not everyone goes through a life like this in the Middle East... This person's "husband" and his friend were stupid. You see plenty of abuse such as this in Christianity and various other Faith's. No one should ever single out ONE Religion. If someone thinks we should fight Islam, we ought to fight every other Religion too.
I agree with this. I'm not singling out Islam. However Islam happens to be the religion I as an ex-Muslim know most about.

savethedreams

ppɐʇɹnɯ;2333290 said:
I agree with this. I'm not singling out Islam. However Islam happens to be the religion I as an ex-Muslim know most about.

Why are you an ex-muslim? I'm studying Islam now...

(*sings ( tHIS NO GOD but god (in arbaic) and Mohammed as his messenger) )*

Why are you an ex-muslim? I'm studying Islam now...

(*sings ( tHIS NO GOD but god (in arbaic) and Mohammed as his messenger) )*
I basically went through a very nationalistic phase when I was basically a "proud Arab" and being religious factored into my self-aggrandizing nationalism. I basically grew out of that stage and learned to be a more reasonable person and evaluate things, and eventually realized there isn't a god, and mohammed isn't his messenger.

By the way, didn't you say you don't believe that Jesus is the Messiah? Muslims believe that Jesus is the Messiah as well and that he'll return to earth one day to kill the Jews.

astarath

The "ex-SS man" who was supposedly a friend sounds a bit too convenient, if you ask me. Also, it's pretty difficult to suffocate people with diesel. Diesel engines have an extremely low CO exhaust. In fact, it's so low that Diesel engines are often used in mines and submarines. You'd need not only an airtight door, but they'd have to be in there for days.

That this is the only comment you have to make on the story you just read is a scarring tell that you do not consider this outside the nature of Islam.

savethedreams

ppɐʇɹnɯ;2333326 said:
I basically went through a very nationalistic phase when I was basically a "proud Arab" and being religious factored into my self-aggrandizing nationalism. I basically grew out of that stage and learned to be a more reasonable person and evaluate things, and eventually realized there isn't a god, and mohammed isn't his messenger.

By the way, didn't you say you don't believe that Jesus is the Messiah? Muslims believe that Jesus is the Messiah as well and that he'll return to earth one day to kill the Jews.

Are you serious? 1.) i'm anti-violent above all.

Is this written somewhere in the Koran or .....I'm shocked?

What made you realize that there is no god (peace be onto him) and mohammed (peace be onto him) wasn't he messenger (peace be onto him)

*looks down, ooops I drop a french fry* (peace be onto the french fry) Asslam alkeem

Call 'em how I see em
The fact that he goes out of his way to DENY, without showing any sympathy for someone who was nearly murdered by Islam really shows how desperate, heartless and cruel some people can be. Besides diesel was known to be used in the death camps by the Nazis.

Sobibor
The third camp was the most remote area and was screened by trees. Inside was the brick building housing three gas chambers, about 12 feet by 12 feet, each of which could hold about 160-180 people. Carbon monoxide generated by a diesel engine mounted outside was piped into the gas chambers.
I wonder a Muslim would deny that too... o yeah they already do! :facepalm:

The Holocaust: Lest We Forget
There were three gas chambers housed in a brick building. The Nazis used carbon monoxide produced by diesel engines to kill their victims. Later, three more gas chambers were added.

Last edited:

TJ73

I must say my instinct as well as the fact that happens to be hundreds of similar(and proven to be fake) emails in circulation, that this strikes me as fabricated to serve as a vehicle for slandering Islam.
I have no idea how bad things may have been for you,( I don't know how to address you by screen name, sorry) growing up in your Islamic home. I have read your posts with curiosity and sadness. I know you have said you have been in the process of recovering from your past association with Islam.
If I may... My dad grew up in rural segregated Texas. He was born in 1925. His family was poor and black. His younger brother had a disagreement with a white peer and had some of his property taken. He went to the boys house to confront him and get his property back. The kids father shot and killed my uncle where he stood, with NO repercussions.
My Mother was 12 years old when her father was murdered. She had already lost her mother. A gang of black teenagers found him walking home from a pub. They beat him to death with bats. He was nearly unrecognizable when finally discovered. He was known to have had only $6 in his wallet for which he gave his life.
Both my parents held on to grief and prejudice. My father especially since he had been party to so much racist inspired hate and violence.
After years of this anger and after being unsuccessfully married to members of their own race, they met in the psychiatric hospital where they both worked. They found mutual understanding and comfort in each other. They feel in love. They had me.
They helped to raise me to be accepting of people. They helped my through my own issues with intolerance and violence as I was a chubby kid and a zebra.
We would sometimes have to remind my Dad his wife was white when he would make remarks about whites that seemed blame the race and not the individuals. Some people thought this was insensitive to my mother and hurt her. but she assured us it didn't. She KNEW, where his pain came from and that a lifetime of suffering , always attributed to white people, would not go away over night. He had to make an effort to remember Those white people hurt him/his family, not all white people and not because they were white. It is not the predominant white culture to hurt blacks. It is specialized. Some people found a way to reconstruct their morality to suit selfish and or sadistic desires.
I am not by any means suggesting you give Islam another try or to admire it. I just suggest you investigate the people. There are some wonderful, loving, compassionate people that are inspired to be that and more through their faith in Allah. Even if you read the Quran a million times and consistently see only hate and violence, please understand there are people who read it and see guidance and mercy from their Creator. you needn't believe what I believe but know that you hurt me and others because some of your assertions make me fear others will think that I am hateful and violent, that I hate Jewish,Christian and gay people, that I can not divorce my husband if I want to, that I would not allow my child to make their own decision about who they marry or try to kill them if they are not Muslims, that i want my country to be ruled by Muslims and everyone forced to be just like me or that I would witness a true story of a woman , abused by her family and her husband and subjected to all the horrors possible to inflict and simply want to defend my religion and sweep it under the rug.
I love people, so much i ache for them at times. I love living in the USA. I am none of the terrible things that are so often attributed to Islam.
May be I am not a "good" Muslim, maybe I don't do all the things required of a perfect Muslim and maybe I would be following it better if i was some of those bad things. but my life and my culture and my history and my love will always color my interpretations of everything I experience. I can not be the type of Muslim you have been subjected to, weather that makes me a proper one or not.
I am not alone. The world has changed and Muslims all over the world have with it. Some have hung on to old traditions that don't go well with this current world. Some place cultural traditions as high as their faith and have melded them into an unwelcomed practice. But not everyone. Not me, not the Muslims that i have in my life. Other like me find in Islam goodness only. Maybe I am looking at it too favorably or you too negatively, but what matters is how I act upon it. Neither of us are in a position to say what influence a book will have on anyone else. But i hope, Inshallah, with kind speech and good intentions people will be guided by it to be kind, compassionate, forgiving, tolerant individuals seeking to make worthy contributions to the world. And although you disagree, i feel, Allah knows best.

astarath

It seems the violence and death and persecution of Islam are becoming more apparent these days. Have no fear the world will not be blind forever.

savethedreams

I must say my instinct as well as the fact that happens to be hundreds of similar(and proven to be fake) emails in circulation, that this strikes me as fabricated to serve as a vehicle for slandering Islam.
I have no idea how bad things may have been for you,( I don't know how to address you by screen name, sorry) growing up in your Islamic home. I have read your posts with curiosity and sadness. I know you have said you have been in the process of recovering from your past association with Islam.
If I may... My dad grew up in rural segregated Texas. He was born in 1925. His family was poor and black. His younger brother had a disagreement with a white peer and had some of his property taken. He went to the boys house to confront him and get his property back. The kids father shot and killed my uncle where he stood, with NO repercussions.
My Mother was 12 years old when her father was murdered. She had already lost her mother. A gang of black teenagers found him walking home from a pub. They beat him to death with bats. He was nearly unrecognizable when finally discovered. He was known to have had only $6 in his wallet for which he gave his life.
Both my parents held on to grief and prejudice. My father especially since he had been party to so much racist inspired hate and violence.
After years of this anger and after being unsuccessfully married to members of their own race, they met in the psychiatric hospital where they both worked. They found mutual understanding and comfort in each other. They feel in love. They had me.
They helped to raise me to be accepting of people. They helped my through my own issues with intolerance and violence as I was a chubby kid and a zebra.
We would sometimes have to remind my Dad his wife was white when he would make remarks about whites that seemed blame the race and not the individuals. Some people thought this was insensitive to my mother and hurt her. but she assured us it didn't. She KNEW, where his pain came from and that a lifetime of suffering , always attributed to white people, would not go away over night. He had to make an effort to remember Those white people hurt him/his family, not all white people and not because they were white. It is not the predominant white culture to hurt blacks. It is specialized. Some people found a way to reconstruct their morality to suit selfish and or sadistic desires.
I am not by any means suggesting you give Islam another try or to admire it. I just suggest you investigate the people. There are some wonderful, loving, compassionate people that are inspired to be that and more through their faith in Allah. Even if you read the Quran a million times and consistently see only hate and violence, please understand there are people who read it and see guidance and mercy from their Creator. you needn't believe what I believe but know that you hurt me and others because some of your assertions make me fear others will think that I am hateful and violent, that I hate Jewish,Christian and gay people, that I can not divorce my husband if I want to, that I would not allow my child to make their own decision about who they marry or try to kill them if they are not Muslims, that i want my country to be ruled by Muslims and everyone forced to be just like me or that I would witness a true story of a woman , abused by her family and her husband and subjected to all the horrors possible to inflict and simply want to defend my religion and sweep it under the rug.
I love people, so much i ache for them at times. I love living in the USA. I am none of the terrible things that are so often attributed to Islam.
May be I am not a "good" Muslim, maybe I don't do all the things required of a perfect Muslim and maybe I would be following it better if i was some of those bad things. but my life and my culture and my history and my love will always color my interpretations of everything I experience. I can not be the type of Muslim you have been subjected to, weather that makes me a proper one or not.
I am not alone. The world has changed and Muslims all over the world have with it. Some have hung on to old traditions that don't go well with this current world. Some place cultural traditions as high as their faith and have melded them into an unwelcomed practice. But not everyone. Not me, not the Muslims that i have in my life. Other like me find in Islam goodness only. Maybe I am looking at it too favorably or you too negatively, but what matters is how I act upon it. Neither of us are in a position to say what influence a book will have on anyone else. But i hope, Inshallah, with kind speech and good intentions people will be guided by it to be kind, compassionate, forgiving, tolerant individuals seeking to make worthy contributions to the world. And although you disagree, i feel, Allah knows best.

It seems the violence and death and persecution of Islam are becoming more apparent these days. Have no fear the world will not be blind forever.

"You will know the truth by the fruit of the people"

Status
Not open for further replies.