• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

An Ex-Muslim Woman's story

Status
Not open for further replies.

astarath

My issue is not with Muslims. As there are many especially in western culture not adhering to the tenets of their faith that require it. My criticism is directly to the faith itself that at it's core lies anger and death.

croak

Trickster
My issue is not with Muslims. As there are many especially in western culture not adhering to the tenets of their faith that require it. My criticism is directly to the faith itself that at it's core lies anger and death.
And others would argue that Islam, at its core, is based on mercy and forgiveness. Or love. Or other concepts that you will find in the Qur'an.

It is possible to be a devout Muslim who isn't a homicidal maniac. Open yourself up to the possibility that others do not share your interpretation of their faith.

astarath

I would be open to the interpretation if states that are ruled by Sharia that have Imams who have dedicated their life to an understanding of the core of Islam were not filled with hatred, anger and death.

croak

Trickster
I would be open to the interpretation if states that are ruled by Sharia that have Imams who have dedicated their life to an understanding of the core of Islam were not filled with hatred, anger and death.
Imams are individuals. Sharia is implemented by fallible human beings. You could say the core of their interpretation of Islam is 'filled with hatred, anger and death'. You could be correct. But that's different from saying Islam as a whole, practised by over a billion people around the world, has those qualities at its core. One could argue that if those were in fact Islam's core values, the early Muslims would have killed all their enemies and perhaps turned on themselves, and been nothing more than a cult. Why one would choose to convert willingly to such a cult is beyond imagination, not to mention that members of the cult might not even consider allowing conversion, and the cult would likely die out.

I argue that no religion, culture, or any grouping of human beings can survive long with those values at its core.

astarath

The issue is where Islam becomes the dominant religion and Sharia is passed it brings death and pain with it. If Sharia is the heart of Islam then those spreading Islam are spreading that death and pain with them regardless of whether the individual submits to it or not the Rulers of Sharia enforce it.

croak

Trickster
The issue is where Islam becomes the dominant religion and Sharia is passed it brings death and pain with it. If Sharia is the heart of Islam then those spreading Islam are spreading that death and pain with them regardless of whether the individual submits to it or not the Rulers of Sharia enforce it.
Sharia is a body of law based on interpretations of Islam. I wouldn't say it's the heart of Islam, although I suppose that's my opinion.

croak

Trickster
Without Sharia is Islam the way Mohammed designed it?
That is a matter of opinion, specifically with regards to what makes up sharia. To quote Wikipedia:
Wikipedia said:
Sharia (Arabic شريعة Šarīʿa; [ʃaˈriːʕa], "way" or "path") is the sacred law of Islam. Most Muslims believe Sharia is derived from two primary sources of Islamic law: the divine revelations set forth in the Qur'an, and the example set by the Islamic Prophet Muhammad in the Sunnah.
Sharia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The very second sentence says 'most Muslims'. Clearly not all Muslims, and trying to pin down Islam as being a homogeneous entity that is uniformally understood and practised wouldn't be far from applying the beliefs of the Roman Catholics to all Christians. And even then you would be assuming that all Roman Catholics think alike.

astarath

The proof is less in Wikipedia and more in the Islamic States of the world. All Islamic states enforce Sharia. By spreading Islam to create a majority Sharia will follow and death and persecution with it.

croak

Trickster
The proof is less in Wikipedia and more in the Islamic States of the world. All Islamic states enforce Sharia. By spreading Islam to create a majority Sharia will follow and death and persecution with it.
Most countries with Muslims are not 'Islamic states', even those with Muslim majorities. Tunisia, for instance, is nearly entirely Muslim and has a secular government.

Also, sharia does not equal death and persecution by default. It's a body of law. People will shape it the way they want to, for better or worse.

Worry less about Islam, and worry more about how some people expect you to think of it.

It might be worth reading this section of the article: Sharia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

astarath

Tunisia is a Muslim majority who is in a state of rebellion but once Sharia passes persecution of women and other faiths will follow.

croak

Trickster
Tunisia is a Muslim majority who is in a state of rebellion but once Sharia passes persecution of women and other faiths will follow.
It has been a secular country for decades, at the very least. Turkey is also a secular country. Bangladesh. Mali. Senegal. Uzbekistan. Actually, here's the list: List of Muslim majority countries - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also, sharia does not automatically equal 'persecution of women and other faiths'.

I think we're going around in circles.

astarath

However all the countries you have just listed are on top 50 countries for persecuted Christians.

croak

Trickster
However all the countries you have just listed are on top 50 countries for persecuted Christians.
By golly, the first country isn't even a Muslim country. It's North Korea. And it's the only country that falls under 'Severe Persecution'; the next category's 'Oppression'.

Hm, I expected to see Lebanon.

Turkey has 'some limitations'.

Huh, they typed Oman as 'Omen'. :p

It's an interesting list. I'll save it. http://members.opendoorsusa.org/worldwatchlist/downloads/WorldWatchList2011.pdf

I'm assuming that was the list you were referring to.

Bismillah

Submit
that violence, anger, hatred and death are core to Islam
I wonder why the Christian world has inflicted more death, anger, and hatred on the Muslim world over the course of history then?

savethedreams

I wonder why the Christian world has inflicted more death, anger, and hatred on the Muslim world over the course of history then?

because they don't follow Christ there prophet who has never killed.
still jews don't kill as much as both.

"you will know the truth by the fruit of the people"

Also, I'm assuming they meant the Mercedes Benz was driven through the desert on a road, because those cars would never be able to drive on sand. In Saudi Arabia, American SUVs seem to be one of the vehicles of choice (at least judging by all those commercials I've seen).
Irrelavent. Fiddling with minor details doesn't really help your case.

Also, why would she ask a maniac for a divorce? I would have sought refuge at a police station, an embassy.... Also, it is implied she told him she was lesbian. Seriously? Knowing your husband's a nutcase, that's probably a pretty bad idea.
So you want to fault someone for expressing her identity, instead of blaming the violent psychopath who nearly killed her. Your defense mechanism is showing.

I'm also surprised that Neo-Nazis would associate with this Muslim.
[youtube]dxCzwz7zTco[/youtube]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxCzwz7zTco&feature=related

Probably my biggest question: how on Earth did she, with no money, get to the Dutch border? The Netherlands don't even border Switzerland; she'd have to go through France or Germany.
Obviously Dutch is a synonym for "Deutsch" or German in this case.

croak

Trickster
ppɐʇɹnɯ;2336714 said:
Irrelavent. Fiddling with minor details doesn't really help your case.
Of course it does. Minor details add up.

ppɐʇɹnɯ;2336714 said:
So you want to fault someone for expressing her identity, instead of blaming the violent psychopath who nearly killed her. Your defense mechanism is showing.
I'm not faulting her. My defense mechanism? That's rich. Most people have this 'defense mechanism'. It's called 'not wanting to suffer more than you already have to'.

ppɐʇɹnɯ;2336714 said:
Sorry, I don't watch YouTube videos because they take way too darn long to load. If it's about Muslims helping the Nazis in World War II, I already know about that.

But a 'friendship' between a Muslim and a Nazi? That's going a bit too far, don't you think?

ppɐʇɹnɯ;2336714 said:
Obviously Dutch is a synonym for "Deutsch" or German in this case.
A synonym? Dutch means a person from the Netherlands. Done. Nobody goes out of their way to say Deutsch and mispell it with Dutch when they know the word German. Your defense mechanism is showing.

Bismillah

Submit
Muslims helping the Nazis in World War II
Obviously everyone forgets how helpful the West was to the Palestinians during the World War. And by helpful I mean lack of. What exactly did the West offer to the Mufti and how exactly would they reward him for staying on the cause of the West.

People tend to forget that Hitler promised Palestinians an end to injustice and they also tend to forget that the Mufti very well knew that these promises were very tenuous. After all, he is known to have had a discourse with his deputy remarking that the Arab's low status on the "civilized" chart and acknowledged Hitler's most likely betrayal of his promise. He also remarked that at a time where everyone else forget about the Palestinians Hitler promised them help.

Status
Not open for further replies.