• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

American children brought guns to school in the 1950's!

Howard Is

Lucky Mud
We brought guns to public school in the 70s.
Our rifle team competed with teams from other schools.

I used to buy chemicals to make black powder from my local chemist when I was a kid in the 60s and 70s, and ether to make model plane fuel, and most kids had a chemistry set at some time most of which would probably be controlled substances now.
And nothing bad happened.

sooda

Veteran Member
I used to buy chemicals to make black powder from my local chemist when I was a kid in the 60s and 70s, and ether to make model plane fuel, and most kids had a chemistry set at some time most of which would probably be controlled substances now.
And nothing bad happened.

We also didn't have a 24 hour news cycle.

Jonathan Bailey

Whether or not you own a gun. It's really simple.
It was very possible in the 1950's that the presence of guns even back then might have caused a lot of blood then but it didn't. Not a single drop. You have a car you drive. It's always possible that you may die in it. You ride on commercial jet. It's always possible you may perish in a crash. Life is dangerous, we all die of it eventually. It all comes down to people, mental health and morals.

He who would compromise liberty for a little perceived safety deserves neither.

sooda

Veteran Member
It was very possible in the 1950's that the presence of guns even back then might have caused a lot of blood then but it didn't. Not a single drop. You have a car you drive. It's always possible that you may die in it. You ride on commercial jet. It's always possible you may perish in a crash. Life is dangerous, we all die of it eventually. It all comes down to people, mental health and morals.

Did you fall for this lie ? Did you check the facts before you posted?

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member

Cars and planes are designed for transport.

Guns are literally designed to kill people.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member

So you're just refusing to acknowledge that you've been duped and you're doubling down on the claims you now know are false, eh?

Jonathan Bailey

Conspiracy Theory Number 6,579,264

Many if not all of these mass shooting news stories are mere media hoaxes. Fantastic fake news stories. All dramatization by professional Hollywood actors. The government is using these as propaganda for more gun control. Their ulterior motive is not for your safety, my safety or the safety of your children. No, sir. It's to disarm and ultimately rule by tyranny.

sooda

Veteran Member
In the 1970's there was the five o'clock news, six o'clock news and 7 o'clock news and then prime time at 8 PM. There was a news report at 10 PM then late night television with Johnny Carson.

Aren't you talking about the 1950s when the US population was less than 150 million people?

sooda

Veteran Member
Conspiracy Theory Number 6,579,264

Many if not all of these mass shooting news stories are mere media hoaxes. Fantastic fake news stories. All dramatization by professional Hollywood actors. The government is using these as propaganda for more gun control. Their ulterior motive is not for your safety, my safety or the safety of your children. No, sir. It's to disarm and ultimately rule by tyranny.

That's quite a conspiracy theory you are spinning.

sooda

Veteran Member
Just a mere possibility like little green space aliens and Bigfoot.

Didn't Neil Armstrong set foot on the moon 50 years ago this month? Do you believe it
still after a half century?

LOLOL… My uncle worked for NASA then at Cape Canaveral.