• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

American children brought guns to school in the 1950's!

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Sound shocking?

Number of American school shootings before Columbine?

ZERO

A priest was talking on EWTN Catholic radio this morning in Oklahoma.
The discussion was about these new-age mass shootings.

Anyway, when the priest's father was a boy, the children took their shotguns to school during hunting season.

They went pheasant hunting after class. He said America was totally under God then. There was a sense of being moral, godly, upright and wholesome.

Young people, these gunmen on CNN of today, are diseased souls totally away from God. It's not the guns, it's the want of being well-bred. It's social decay and bad homes for children. Technology is isolating us from being human. Electronic things are a total distraction. They have gotten our better half. It's introverting our young. America is a death culture. A smartphone or an arcade game is a psychological brick wall all around people. It's a closed shell, a bubble.

The priest on the radio said his public school had opening and closing prayers.
That's why I am adamant that guns are not the issue. They never were, and never will be. Assault rifle or not.

When I was a kid , there was a Rifle Club in my school where we could bring in our rifles and shoot to our hearts content once school lets out. The school still had strict rules about guns of course, . It was a bit like the old west where you had to check it in and then check it out. At least that's how it was at my school until all this leftist crap started and teachers started acting more like the Gestapo.

Today we got a mind-bogglingly narcissistic psychopathic generation of young people that's completely out of touch with reality saddled with a school system now that spews out more propaganda than it does education and parents who are essentially the "me" generation of the 80s .

It's a hell of a combination.

Howard Is

Lucky Mud
From Op-Ed: We have studied every mass shooting since 1966. Here's what we've learned about the shooters
  • "First, the vast majority of mass shooters in our study experienced early childhood trauma and exposure to violence at a young age. The nature of their exposure included parental suicide, physical or sexual abuse, neglect, domestic violence, and/or severe bullying. The trauma was often a precursor to mental health concerns, including depression, anxiety, thought disorders or suicidality."
  • Second, practically every mass shooter we studied had reached an identifiable crisis point in the weeks or months leading up to the shooting. They often had become angry and despondent because of a specific grievance. For workplace shooters, a change in job status was frequently the trigger. For shooters in other contexts, relationship rejection or loss often played a role. Such crises were, in many cases, communicated to others through a marked change in behavior, an expression of suicidal thoughts or plans, or specific threats of violence.
School shooters usually show these signs of distress long before they open fire, research shows

Thank you, I did read the article, and it is certainly relevant.

However it begs the question - why are so many young American men growing up so traumatised ?

What is it about American society that is driving people to extremes of homicidal rage ?

Last edited:

Howard Is

Lucky Mud
Today we got a mind-bogglingly narcissistic psychopathic generation of young people that's completely out of touch with reality saddled with a school system now that spews out more propaganda than it does education and parents who are essentially the "me" generation of the 80s .

It's a hell of a combination.

Sounds about right.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Thank you, I did read the article, and it is certainly relevant.

However it begs the question - why are so many young American men growing up so traumatised ?

What is it about American society that is driving people to extremes of homicidal rage ?
Personally I think it's media saturation and overload.

Ever watch those movies of dystopian societies were people in chairs were all hooked up with wires to their heads and images flash constantly until they're completely brainwashed and ready to explode? I think that's kids and young adults today.

Kind of reminds me of the times when I linger too long on the internet myself and when I finally do disconnect it all from and peer into the real world , I'm shocked to find out how much different the real-world is compared to the world that's going on through the web.

It literally comes across as visiting two distinct planets.

Howard Is

Lucky Mud
Personally I think it's media saturation and overload.

Ever watch those movies of dystopian societies were people in chairs were all hooked up with wires to their heads and images flash constantly until they're completely brainwashed and ready to explode? I think that's kids and young adults today.

Kind of reminds me of the times when I linger too long on the internet myself and when I finally do disconnect it all from and peer into the real world , I'm shocked to find out how much different the real-world is compared to the world that's going on through the web.

It literally comes across as visiting two distinct planets.

Yes, I see that. But nobody is really talking about that reality. Once the discussion begins, it quickly breaks down into a partisan standoff.

It isn’t about guns. It’s about impersonal sado-narcissistic abuse from the top down, and a complicit population trying to pretend they’re not being led to the slaughter.

Terry Sampson

why are so many young American men growing up so traumatised ? What is it about American society that is driving people to extremes of homicidal rage ?

I've been thinking about your questions and confess to my current inability to answer either, in part or whole, succinctly ... to my satisfaction. But I'll continue looking for answers.
Of the two, the second interests me most.