• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Am I alone?

Daemonic Coyote

I recently started believing in God, but found that I disagree with many religions and wonder if there is a new religious movement, or anyone at all that believes the same way as I do. Feel free to ask me any questions about my belief and I will try to answer them if it helps.

I believe that God was important in the creation of the Earth, having given the spark of life and watched us develop to how we are today. I believe that he is not nessisarily evil because he does not help us with our problems, but rather than he wants us to learn from our mistakes and solve them ourselves. I do not worship God, however I believe in him and hope that he will forgive my mistakes in life.

I can't really describe a lot of the things I feel, but are there any religious movements along these lines?

Orias

Left Hand Path
I can't really describe a lot of the things I feel, but are there any religious movements along these lines?

Honestly, if you cannot describe a lot of what you feel, then you do not understand it enough.

I wouldn't be looking for a religious movement, as religions consist of "flocks" which are always headed by a shepard.

Look within yourself.

"God" does not wish you to worship a perspective that one cannot truly know. "God" is within you, beyond you.

Do not seek, the Universe will feed you what you need know. As all that is, is within you. :D

You are never alone, as long as you observe the stars so fondly. We all share the same legacy.

WELL...

the Deists seem to be slightly organised. They might appeal to you, lol.

There are alot of people who are like that... My friend herself is a Panentheist Christian who seeks the beauty of God everywhere. So don't be disheartened... God is love, and you can find Him in the most unexpected places!

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Honestly, if you cannot describe a lot of what you feel, then you do not understand it enough.

I disagree: IMO, if you can find the words to describe everything that you feel, then you haven't felt deeply enough.

I wouldn't be looking for a religious movement, as religions consist of "flocks" which are always headed by a shepard.

Look within yourself.

"God" does not wish you to worship a perspective that one cannot truly know. "God" is within you, beyond you.

Do not seek, the Universe will feed you what you need know. As all that is, is within you. :D

You are never alone, as long as you observe the stars so fondly. We all share the same legacy.

LOL! You start out by warning against shepherds, then you pick up the staff and say "Go that way!".

Boethiah

Penguin
Your beliefs sound like Deism mostly. I would consider Unitarian Universalism for a movement. Take your time in uncovering what you believe. Don't focus on movements too much unless you really really want to. Building from the ground up is sometimes useful. Explore different views of God, religion, and spirituality. I wouldn't recommend looking to a movement solely for this. It is all up to you though. I wish you the most luck possible.

xkatz

I recently started believing in God, but found that I disagree with many religions and wonder if there is a new religious movement, or anyone at all that believes the same way as I do. Feel free to ask me any questions about my belief and I will try to answer them if it helps.

I believe that God was important in the creation of the Earth, having given the spark of life and watched us develop to how we are today. I believe that he is not nessisarily evil because he does not help us with our problems, but rather than he wants us to learn from our mistakes and solve them ourselves. I do not worship God, however I believe in him and hope that he will forgive my mistakes in life.

I would say Deist is your best bet because while they believe in G-d, they do not pray or worship Him because they believe it's not in his nature to heed prayers.

Comicaze247

See the previous line
There's no one way to believe in anything. Religion is a very personal thing. It's how you understand the world.

It's a fallacy to believe that everyone can believe the exact same things; that everyone can fit under one category, because every single person is different. No two people have the exact same experiences in life.

Our experiences are what shape our opinions, and our opinions are what shape our view of the world. Our view of the world shapes how we interact with it. There is no "right" way.

There are "socially acceptable" ways, yes. Say, if you believe that it's okay to kill people who insult you, it doesn't mean that people are gonna be okay with it. But some of those same people may believe something similar, and maybe punch someone who insults you. Again, it varies.

So there's no need to find some religion that fits you. Nothing will fit you perfectly except your own beliefs. I tried to do that a long time ago, but I found it fruitless.

And I've found that when I wear my own clothes, I feel more comfortable.

Orias

Left Hand Path
I disagree: IMO, if you can find the words to describe everything that you feel, then you haven't felt deeply enough.

Heart is one thing, "feeling" is another.

To stick your hand in a dark abyss is a risky manuever, when you can venture in head strong and grasp the heart of comprehension.

A thought is useless if you cannot write it down. Words and riddles exist, to define what we as Man are. Any ill conceived or paralell thought that cannot be turned into words is of feeling. Any dedicated and determined position that is taken to express one's mind is of heart.

Those who feel, only process what is externally perceived.

LOL! You start out by warning against shepherds, then you pick up the staff and say "Go that way!".

Last time I checked, shaperds don't turn others away from their grasp, and tell them to search with the heart. :D

You mistake my empathy with "pointing", we all share the same legacy.

Last edited:

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Heart is one thing, "feeling" is another.

Yes, and cottage cheese is one thing, yogurt is another.

A thought is useless if you cannot write it down.

again: disagree. But since this isn't a debate forum I'll leave it at that.

Words and riddles exist, to define what we as Man are. Any ill conceived or paralell thought that cannot be turned into words is of feeling.
Any dedicated and determined position that is taken to express one's mind is of heart.

Those who feel, only process what is externally perceived.

Again, since this isn't a debate forum...

Last time I checked, shaperds don't turn others away from their grasp, and tell them to search with the heart. :D

check again.

You mistake my empathy with "pointing"

no mistake here.

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
Read first. As much as you can. All sorts of different beliefs have been written down, typed up into books. All sorts of interpretations of different beliefs have had the same treatment. I think, somewhere amongst them, you will find God.

zer0

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe what you have described is pretty much Deism word for word.

Last edited:

BruceDLimber

You might want to check out the Baha'i Faith.

It's eminently loving and unific, and its scriptures state one's profession or work, when done in a spirit of service to humanity, ranks as worship of God!

You can find more information about it at these sites:

And I wish you good hunting! :)

Bruce

Orias

Left Hand Path
Yes, and cottage cheese is one thing, yogurt is another.

Different in Aspect, same in Origin :D

again: disagree. But since this isn't a debate forum I'll leave it at that.

Then why voice it?

Perhaps you should make a thread.

check again.

Believe me, I looked under my bed and in my closet, no sheep to be found :D

no mistake here.

You're right, empathy does point (at experience, which we so properly label for our mistakes :D).

David69

Angel Of The North
just live your life! God is with you! You dont have to join any click to be close to God!

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
It really looks like Deism, or perhaps Panentheism. Or something more specific. There is always something more specific.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Different in Aspect, same in Origin :D

Wow, you actually got what I was getting at.
icon14.gif

Then why voice it?

why not?

Perhaps you should make a thread.

Why didn't I think of that?

Believe me, I looked under my bed and in my closet, no sheep to be found :D

I didn't say you were a good shepherd. :D

You're right, empathy does point (at experience, which we so properly label for our mistakes :D).

So do a lot of other, less worthy, emotions.

All that seek truth will find truth. If you believe in God you have started down that road, simply continue searching and you will find more and more truth.

All that you are was created by God, to glorify God, use what has been given to you, God created you with the ability you need, now comes the faith and commitment in searching out the truth.

No man can lead you to God, only the will of God can do that.
Most of the people throughout history have not had the ability to read or write, is then the ability to know God dependant upon writings and words? I say that God has given all the ability to know God, which means that writings are not necessary to knowing or walking with God.

The fact that you have ideas that you are unable to communicate seems to me quite acceptable and believable, there are many things that I do not have the ability to describe in language to others.

Never give up on your quest for truth, and remember that men generally represent the will of men and not the will of God.

Orias

Left Hand Path
Wow, you actually got what I was getting at.
icon14.gif

I said it first :D

If this isn't a debate thread then there is no reason to voice disagreement, for it leads to situations like this :drool:

Why didn't I think of that?

I appreciate your sarcasm :D

I didn't say you were a good shepherd. :D

Yes, I eat them instead of collecting their wool :D

So do a lot of other, less worthy, emotions.

Touché :D

It is a double edged sword.