1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

about the new testament

Discussion in 'Sacred Texts, Folklore, and Mythology' started by syo, May 20, 2020.

1. Trailblazer

Trailblazer Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +6,469
    Religion:
    Baha'i
    I think it is more than that, I think it is a tragedy that so many people could believe such a thing.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Hawkins

Hawkins Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +157
    How a God can tell He's God? He shows that He's not a human by doing something humans cannot do. We humans cannot conveniently do two thing, 1) to tell a future, and 2) to break our physics laws. God did that in front of His chosen eyewitnesses such that.... they are thus called the prophets anyway.

Truth don't need to make sense when they go out of the scope of the time and space we are living in. Quantum physics made no sense to even Einstein.

3. Terry Sampson

Terry Sampson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,344
    Having applied your erudite critical thinking skills to the New Testament, perhaps now you'll take some time to read the part of the Bible that precedes the portion that you say that you have read and grace RF members with your opinions on it. :D

4. Bree

Bree Member

Ratings:
    +28
    Religion:
    Jehovahs Witness
    both Josephus and Tacitus of the first century, mention Jesus as a historical figure.