• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Abortion

Koldo

Outstanding Member
Then, having agreed that the woman has been victimized and needs our help, you can frame the question of abortion in this manner: Will an abortion help her? By asking this, you are now questioning what is normally an unspoken, unchallenged assumption, namely, that the abortion is somehow a solution to the rape, and somehow helps alleviate the pain and trauma of the woman.

The abortion is not a solution for the rape. It is a solution for the pregnancy

Having questioned this assumption, therefore, bring in the evidence that not only does the abortion not alleviate the trauma of the rape, but it brings a trauma of its own. Countless women suffer for years and decades after abortion.. I know of women who have been raped and then had abortions, and are in counseling not for the rape but for the abortion! In rape, the trauma is "Someone hurt me." In abortion, the trauma is "I hurt and killed someone else: my child." That brings even more grief.

I know of women who have been raped and then had abortions, and are in counseling not for the abortion but for the rape!

The next step of the process is to show that our compassion actually is more inclusive than that of those who would allow abortion. Having established that we care about the rape victim, we then ask the powerful question, Why can't we love them both? Why can't we extend to the child the same practical compassion which we both agree belongs to the woman? Why can't we expand the boundaries of those we welcome and care for?
You can, but you don't have to. That is the point.

I didn't know that poverty was a criteria for determining who lives or who dies. :no:The girls needs help, not more violence.

It may be a criteria to determine who is granted the right to be born.

The baby dies needlessly; death does not cure poverty; the girl, in accordancce with the OP scenario, needs help, not the violence of an abortion making her worse. My statement stands. I hope I have made myself clear.

Who is to say it is 'needlessly'?
How would you know?

Personally, i find it to be far more violent to allow this baby to be born.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I will elaborate to show that I made no non-sequitur.

Royal college warns abortions can lead to mental illness

Abortion Linked to Mental Illness University of Maintoba

Welcome to Hope After Abortion

I didn't know that poverty was a criteria for determining who lives or who dies. :no:The girls needs help, not more violence.

The baby dies needlessly; death does not cure poverty; the girl, in accordancce with the OP scenario, needs help, not the violence of an abortion making her worse. My statement stands. I hope I have made myself clear.

Not only is this stance repulsive and ogrish, its based on so many falsehoods I don't know where to begin.

chinu

chinu
What if you get reincarnated as a pinworm due to your lack of sympathy and compassion for innocent victims, especially children? Surely your blue gods frown upon you.

Chinu, you need a Himalayan cherries, sow cactus in your farms. Plant the trees of jasmine, and now --- from where the mangoes will come ? :shrug:

_/\_
Chinu

chinu

chinu
Q: for you all here ::)

Let's say, this rape case of 9 year girl, is in court for hearing, and you are judge there, and away from all country laws and rules, you have free will to give any punishment to the rapeist --- What punishment will you give to this rapeist ?

_/\_
Chinu

Father Heathen

Veteran Member

Let's say, this rape case of 9 year girl, is in court for hearing, and you are judge there, and away from all country laws and rules, you have free will to give any punishment to the rapeist --- What punishment will you give to this rapeist ?

_/\_
Chinu

Castration and life imprisonment.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass

_/\_
Chinu
What would you do?

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Being a former catholic, the church apparently values life so much that it would rather keep the gold and money rather than educate their own members on how to talk to teens of today how to correctly handle sex issues by spending money on it.:rolleyes: No contraception (except for NFP), but no abortion if their teen gets pregnant. Then the teen is looked down upon because they have a baby.:rolleyes:
Prohibition by religion for sex doesn't work. The catholic church still hasn't figured this out.

The Catholic Church has nothing to do with the scenario in the OP.

By the way, here's something I don't understand. If someone is already going to go against the teachings of the Church by having sex outside of marriage, what's the big deal about using a contraceptive while you're at it?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
The Catholic Church has nothing to do with the scenario in the OP.

By the way, here's something I don't understand. If someone is already going to go against the teachings of the Church by having sex outside of marriage, what's the big deal about using a contraceptive while you're at it?

Here's another question; if some people are too inept to use something as simple as a contraceptive, what makes anyone think they could handle something as difficult as parenthood?

horizon_mj1

_/\_
Chinu
The Death Penalty; the rapist took something sacred from the child that could never be replaced. In place of what should be a beautiful memory is a memory of one of several horrors of mankind.

chinu

chinu
What would you do?

Some said castration and life imprisonment, some says the death penalty, if everybody is so angry with this rapeist, than chinu says what is wrong in ---

If "God" has made this rapeist a 9 year girl and 9 year girl a rapeist in their next births, so that this man should face same problems, which this 9 year girl has been faced in her previous birth.

What would chinu say, the same thing:

:) Tho shall you sow, so shall you reap.

_/\_
Chinu

chinu

chinu
Once again question for you all here: :)

If "God" has made this rapeist a 9 year girl, and 9 year girl a rapeist in their next births, so that this rapeist should face same problems, which this 9 year girl has been faced in her previous birth.

What is wrong in this ?

_/\_
Chinu

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
chinu, are you talking about karma and reincarnation? What if there is neither? Do you think this rapist should be punished on earth?

How do you feel about a baby having a rapist and child molester (if the girl is 9) being born?

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Once again question for you all here: :)

If "God" has made this rapeist a 9 year girl, and 9 year girl a rapeist in their next births, so that this rapeist should face same problems, which this 9 year girl has been faced in her previous birth.

What is wrong in this ?

_/\_
Chinu

Such a question is not to be taken seriously until and unless you offer some rather strong evidence that it might actually happen that way, Chinu.

In case it is not obvious to you why so, let me remind you that "trusting god" may easily become abusive behavior. Even assuming for a moment that there is a god, that there is reincarnation and that the two concepts usually work as you suggest, it still falls upon actual human beings to take responsibility for our well-being to the best of our abilities.

Belief in God is all well and good. I can even agree that belief in reincarnation is not necessarily destructive.

But to use either concept in such an abusive way is reprehensive and not to be tolerated. We ALL ought to know better than that. We really do.

Last edited:

blackout

Violet.
Such a question is not to be taken seriously until and unless you offer some rather strong evidence that it might actually happen that way, Chinu.

Well, and besides that,
the rapist still has to be STOPPED.
Does Chinu think the rapist
was born to supernaturally go around raping
only children who were past life rapists?
Then if the rapist is not locked up
and rapes 20 children
instead of the one,
does that mean in their next life
they will need to be raped 20 times,
as a child,
by some other role playing rapist
in order for their karma
to be completed?

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Indeed. One wonders what good it would be to even have a sense of good or evil in the first place. If we are to accept anything that happens as god-mandated, we might as well give up on having any moral values anyway.

And to think that there are people who believe that there is no morality without God! :rolleyes:

chinu

chinu
chinu, are you talking about karma and reincarnation? What if there is neither?
This sounds like, chinu is cutting the same branch of tree on which he is sitting, and giving a 100% gurantee that he will not fall down. :)

Do you think this rapist should be punished on earth?
There is no other big hell than this earth, in the whole universe :)

If you still don't believe: Than ask this 9 year girl, only she knows what is hell and its features.:)

Ahh.. these kind of problems always happen on earth. ( The planet of MIND'S )

How do you feel about a baby having a rapist and child molester (if the girl is 9) being born?

Chinu feels this 9 year girl, like his own, real daughter. :(

_/\_
Chinu

Last edited: