• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A question I got on my mind

Altfish

Veteran Member
How many people on here believe in ufos and aliens in the physical sense?:)I believe in both.:)
I think there is a far greater chance of there being aliens than there is gods.
UFOs are usually explainable, not sure any have approached earth - I'll rephrase that ... I suppose by definition a UFO is unidentified, but that does mean aliens or similar. It just means strange phenomena ... not sure what it was.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
I believe they are quite likely to exist (even within our galaxy) but I doubt any aliens have visited us. If they have visited us, and are, then they are playing an unsuccessful game of peek-a-boo. :alien::exclamationarrow: :holdinghands: :shortcake:

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
How many people on here believe in ufos and aliens in the physical sense?:)I believe in both.:)

In the physical sense? No. I believe in spiritual UFOs. Much easier to defend against skeptics.

Ciao

- viole

Daemon Sophic

Aliens? Yes. I believe they exist. Some might even have formed an interplanetary (and even interstellar) civilization. Most are probably microorganisms in ponds on distant worlds. :shrug:

UFOs? Of course (as @Altfish stated) such “Unidentified” objects have been seen. The vast majority are ball lightening, odd clouds, drones, military test craft, lost balloons, etc....
But if you’re thinking of alien interstellar spaceships buzzing cornfields and anally probing rural drunkards.:eek: ......:rolleyes: No.

Erebus

Aliens, sure. If the universe is even half as big as it's estimated to be, the odds are incredibly high that this isn't the only planet with life.

UFOs ... that's a tough one. It's perhaps possible some species has developed advanced interstellar travel. The universe is a big enough place that I don't find that to be a completely ludicrous possibility. I also don't buy the argument that no extraterrestrial species would have any reason to be interested in our planet. When you're talking about aliens, all bets are off when it comes to how they might think.
I had a friend who insisted he'd seen one up close. He wasn't joking about it and is somebody I consider to be honest and intelligent. It would be pretty arrogant of me to just outright state, "you're wrong" to him. At the same time, his testimony isn't enough for me to claim belief. I personally haven't seen anything that would convince me that UFOs are definitely real.

So it's a firm, "I don't know" from me when it comes to UFOs.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Aliens? Very little doubt in my mind. Given the number of suns and associated planets the universe must be teaming with life.

I do see a problem with interstellar travel though, the power and time required to travel between solar systems makes it unfeasible.

But UFOs, seen one, recorded it. One night the office alarm went off. The video sent to my phone showed a ball of light about 9 in in diameter floating across the office just below the ceiling. Each desk had the cables running in conduit up to a ceiling mounted buss. The ball was weaving around the conduits. After about 3 minutes it bumped into a conduit, stuck to it, slid down it onto the desk, rolled to the edge of the desk and dissapeared.

Was it alien, highly unlikely, was it unidentified, absolutely, did it fly, yes.

Unfortunately i no longer have the security tape recording.

David1967

Premium Member
Aliens? Very little doubt in my mind. Given the number of suns and associated planets the universe must be teaming with life.

I do see a problem with interstellar travel though, the power and time required to travel between solar systems makes it unfeasible.

But UFOs, seen one, recorded it. One night the office alarm went off. The video sent to my phone showed a ball of light about 9 in in diameter floating across the office just below the ceiling. Each desk had the cables running in conduit up to a ceiling mounted buss. The ball was weaving around the conduits. After about 3 minutes it bumped into a conduit, stuck to it, slid down it onto the desk, rolled to the edge of the desk and dissapeared.

Was it alien, highly unlikely, was it unidentified, absolutely, did it fly, yes.

Unfortunately i no longer have the security tape recording.

I'm jealous. Wish I could have seen that.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member

I believe intelligent life exists elsewhere but I also believe they have never been to earth and we will never meet them the distance is to far and the cost to extreme. Perhaps someday a Robot will land on our planet or we will land one on another planet and see photo's of each other.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Baha'u'llah has said life exists on all planets, that some have creatures like us with the ability to know and love God. My understanding is that we will be able to traverse time and space easily and swiftly, so UFO's are more than viable.

I witnessed a Min Min in my outback aussie truck driving days. It stayed around for about 2hrs of driving at around 2am to 4am.

2009 More Min Min Light Sightings

Regards Tony

Last edited:

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
We believe that some people have had trouble identifying flying objects which they have seen

We also believe that there is most probably life on other worlds

So yes, on both counts

But aliens actually visiting Earth and being sighted in their flying machines?

We're sceptical about that, but let's not rule it out!

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

I wouldn't be surprised if there were other life outside this planet. Though I wouldn't call them aliens. That sounds creepy as if if they found us, they'd call us aliens. Sounds sci-fi.

Aliens? Forgien person/being? I guess so. Not on the sci-fi sense. I guess if we see a foreigner from another planet, I'd believe. I'm not much into sci-fi.

As for unidentified flying objects? I know people have seen some. They tell me the government is testing their plains or preparing for something. I don't know.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
It was an odd/interesting thing to see, we decided it was some form of ball lightning but didnt behave as we've seen described?

I believe ball lightning has been observed travelling down the aisles of a passenger aircraft. Seems to behave quite irrationally. :oops: