• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A lawyer in California is pushing a ballot measure to legalize killing gay people

If something crazy like this did pass,would you leave the U.S.? Hypothetically speaking of course.

• Total voters

Parsimony

No chance of it becoming law, but if it did, I still don't think I'd leave the United States. I'd just have to learn to be careful about what I said. I could also always hope for some more sensible people to work to get it removed.

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
Leave? No. No, no no.

Violent, armed insurrection until those responsible are skinned*? Yes.

*Not alive. Do you have any idea how much someone wriggles around? Just not feasible.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
What are you trying to say, target? I mean, buddy?
Reminds me of this cartoon.....
BummerOfABirthmark.jpg

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Reminds me of this cartoon.....
BummerOfABirthmark.jpg

Anyway, it's a big country.
There are crazies.
Anyone can push any law.
I don't get worked up about all the wacky legislation dreamed up by lawyers.
Such things don't pass.

Hmmm.......open season on lawyers.....we could talk.
What would the season be?
Would centerfire rifles be allowed, or just smoothbore?
Would there be an extended season for archers?
Could the disabled use crossbows?
What's the bag limit?
Just bucks, or would does be allowed?

Last edited:

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Reactions: gsa

RedDragon94

Love everyone, meditate often
Well, he's obviously worse that a fundie. What ever happened to preaching the Gospel to all creatures? This is the opposite of what they're proposing in the bill. The Gospel gives life and hope to those that we feel are hopeless. The Gospel can transform a person from a sinner into a pure and holy specimen that can in turn be a minister to God's glory. Did Paul or any of the apostles ever Single people out and say that they couldn't be saved because of their sin? Only in Galatians where it says that they were seeking to make the Mosaic law a requirement to get saved. Why? Because they wanted people to practice behavior modification instead of them experiencing real heart change that only comes through the Spirit of God. Killing somebody because they have a problem is to essentially tie them to the cross that Jesus went and died on for them. Our ministry as the Church is not the ministry of holiness, Paul said it is the ministry of reconciliation.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
I hear ya, it's SFW, no pictures, just text, but nevertheless better to err on the side of caution. I am soooo sick of getting

ACESS DENIED
This site has been blocked by Surf Watch
Your activity is logged and forwarded to the appropriate personnel.
:rolleyes:

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn

Orange County attorney Matt McLaughlin paid the $200 filing fee on February 26 to submit the "Sodomite Suppression Act" to voters on November 2016.
Mr McLaughlin has every right any other Californian has.

Here is a peaceful solution in the information age.

Post contact info, like addresses, phone number, and email online. For him, his church, his family, his coworkers, his friends, his clients and anybody else who might agree with him and support his efforts.

Then let freedom of expression work it's magic.

Tom

Orange County attorney Matt McLaughlin paid the $200 filing fee on February 26 to submit the "Sodomite Suppression Act" to voters on November 2016.
Mr McLaughlin has every right any other Californian has.

Here is a peaceful solution in the information age.

Post contact info, like addresses, phone number, and email online. For him, his church, his family, his coworkers, his friends, his clients and anybody else who might agree with him and support his efforts.

Then let freedom of expression work it's magic.

Tom

It is a crazy situation.I can't believe something that insane would even be brought up seriously.It is no different then what is going on in other countries on the other side of the world.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Wow. That a politician expects to get away with proposing such a retrograde piece of hate law is scary.

Read the PDF that ThorBjorn linked to in post #12 when you have the chance. It is only two pages long and very... revealing, I suppose.