• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Cordial Invitation to the Pope Benedict XVI to Islam

tariqkhwaja

Jihad Against Terrorism
So let it be understood that those who belong to the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community are bound by God to have compassion for all human beings like a mother has for her children. So in the material world caring and compassion for a sick people refers to giving them what medicine you can provide them and praying for them and nursing them until the sick become healthy.

So, in the same way, in the spiritual world who follow the religion of Christianity and believe Jesus Christ was God indeed do great wrong to their souls and it is the responsiblity of every Ahmadi as a fellow human beings to conquer their hearts with the sword of love and rid them of this evil doctrine.

God has forbidden forced conversions of religions and in the end the freedom of choice in matters of religion must remain sacred. But we can at least try what we can with our words and our prayers. The effort to give the Pope a copy of the Holy Quran is with the optimism that he too would see the light and accept the truth of Islam for what it is.

So yes Christianity and Materialism would be defeated by Islam but not with violence. Rather the Ahmadis hope to win people's hearts just like the Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) won the hearts of the Meccans.

Photonic

Ad astra!
So let it be understood that those who belong to the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community are bound by God to have compassion for all human beings like a mother has for her children. So in the material world caring and compassion for a sick people refers to giving them what medicine you can provide them and praying for them and nursing them until the sick become healthy.

So, in the same way, in the spiritual world who follow the religion of Christianity and believe Jesus Christ was God indeed do great wrong to their souls and it is the responsiblity of every Ahmadi as a fellow human beings to conquer their hearts with the sword of love and rid them of this evil doctrine.

God has forbidden forced conversions of religions and in the end the freedom of choice in matters of religion must remain sacred. But we can at least try what we can with our words and our prayers. The effort to give the Pope a copy of the Holy Quran is with the optimism that he too would see the light and accept the truth of Islam for what it is.

So yes Christianity and Materialism would be defeated by Islam but not with violence. Rather the Ahmadis hope to win people's hearts just like the Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) won the hearts of the Meccans.

:sarcastic

Draka

Wonder Woman
I'm still stuck on the "defeating" and "conquering" thing. :facepalm: So, if I may ask, what sword is required for defeating Islam?

Renji

Catholicism and Islam cannot be united in terms of some doctrines, especially on the divinity of Christ, but they can certainly be united for a good cause, respecting what each religions believe in and for the sake of brotherhood.

tariqkhwaja

Jihad Against Terrorism
Catholicism and Islam cannot be united in terms of some doctrines, especially on the divinity of Christ, but they can certainly be united for a good cause, respecting what each religions believe in and for the sake of brotherhood.

Well said!

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member

I think the world has overdosed on religious medicine

Ever heard of the Pot calling the Kettle black

I would think that the Pope already has an extensive library of fictional books

There is some irony in the Ahmadi giving the Qur'an to the Pope as many Muslims do not accept the Ahmadiyya religion for obvious reasons.

not nom

There is some irony in the Ahmadi giving the Qur'an to the Pope as many Muslims do not accept the Ahmadiyya religion for obvious reasons.

I'm sure many christians feel about the pope the same way ^^

for VERY obvious reasons, too. reasons even total atheists can see. (not saying atheists see less, just saying that even people who don't care notice)

tariqkhwaja

Jihad Against Terrorism
I think the world has overdosed on religious medicine
Just an overdose of many medicines that don't work. They are either full of deception, full of hatred, or full of both. But the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community offers a medicine of peace (which includes (Photonic mentioned) Jihad against terrorists and the use of sword), and of straightforwardness.

Ever heard of the Pot calling the Kettle black
The question was about how "conquest" and "love" could be one. That question has been answered. You are not asking questions that are different.

I would think that the Pope already has an extensive library of fictional books
Your opinion.

Hmm ... yes. The truth (if one studies the history of religion) always gets rejected by the mainstream. But the truth wins and falsehood loses for falsehood was bound to lose.

tariqkhwaja

Jihad Against Terrorism
I'm still stuck on the "defeating" and "conquering" thing. :facepalm: So, if I may ask, what sword is required for defeating Islam?

Sword of love. A human being's ability to win hearts. That ability would win the hearts of the world and as such extremist Islam and Christianity and materialism would be gradually phased out (and is being phased out) of human hearts. True Islam would then settle in.

This was how the Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) conquered the hearts of even his hardcore enemies.

Islam can not be defeated as God supports His religion. That is why he raised Mirza Ghulam Ahmad of Qadian, the Promised Messiah and Mahdi, to combat threats to Islam, be they internal (terrorists) or external (Christianity).

tariqkhwaja

Jihad Against Terrorism
Here is another example of how hearts have been won:

Muslims For Life

With the guidance, directions, prayers and support of Hazrat Mirza Masroor Ahmad, Khalifatul Masih V, may Allah strengthen him with His Mighty Support, the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community USA had launched its Muslims for Life Campaign on September 1, 2011 to honor the victims of 9/11 and to tell everyone that Islam is a life-giving faith that teaches that all life is sacred.

Alhamdolillah, God be praised, we were able to collect a total of 11,803 pints of blood and thus exceed our goal. Wherever we have received information on a blood drive we have entered and made the data available on our locations page. Please note that some of the multiple day drives have been presented together instead of as daily events.

We are grateful to God and to all those who joined with us and helped us achieve, nay exceed our goal. The unity and loving demonstration of one-ness that we all felt throughout the country as we worked on this life-giving project was the best reward.

May God bless everyone.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
I'm sure many christians feel about the pope the same way ^^

for VERY obvious reasons, too. reasons even total atheists can see. (not saying atheists see less, just saying that even people who don't care notice)

I have no doubt that many Christians view the Pope the same way,whether one believes or not its noticeable.

ForeverFaithful

Son Worshiper
To be frank, I think the Pope's just taking the Koran to look good because of all the anti-Catholicism that's been in the media since the Child Abuse cases.

Christendom is not doomed, I have no fear, Islam may be growing in Western Democracy, but Christendom has shifted else where

I wish no harm on Islam or Catholicism but I don't think either of these men are motivated by love

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Just an overdose of many medicines that don't work. They are either full of deception, full of hatred, or full of both. But the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community offers a medicine of peace (which includes (Photonic mentioned) Jihad against terrorists and the use of sword), and of straightforwardness.

Same formula just a different label,as you say they are full of deception but maybe thats a trademark of proselytizing religion.

The question was about how "conquest" and "love" could be one. That question has been answered. You are not asking questions that are different.

I would think conquest has little to do with love,is that why Islam made the conquests they did out of love.

Your opinion.

Yes it is

Hmm ... yes. The truth (if one studies the history of religion) always gets rejected by the mainstream. But the truth wins and falsehood loses for falsehood was bound to lose.

I've studied religion in history and although its added a lot of colour to Human history,mainly red,i think each and every sect or denomination believes they have the truth,thats faith though,people once thought it was true the Earth was flat.

K.Venugopal

Immobile Wanderer
...who follow the religion of Christianity and believe Jesus Christ was God indeed do great wrong to their souls and it is the responsiblity of every Ahmadi as a fellow human beings to conquer their hearts with the sword of love and rid them of this evil doctrine.
Emphasis mine. Dear Tariq, I think you do injustice to your community to label Christianity as evil doctrine. The Ahmaddiyas are indeed a peaceful community and if it is broad minded it is due to its association with Hinduism, however fleetingly. But I am disappointed that potentially broad minded teachings like the Ahmadi and Sufi tend, through some presenters, to be even more narrow minded than the Wahhabis. However, I would like to give you the benefit of doubt that you did not actually mean what you said. May Ahmaddiyas continue to distribute Quran to everyone. (I understand the Ahmaddiyas have distributed more Qurans than any other Muslim community.)

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Emphasis mine. Dear Tariq, I think you do injustice to your community to label Christianity as evil doctrine. The Ahmaddiyas are indeed a peaceful community and if it is broad minded it is due to its association with Hinduism, however fleetingly. But I am disappointed that potentially broad minded teachings like the Ahmadi and Sufi tend, through some presenters, to be even more narrow minded than the Wahhabis. However, I would like to give you the benefit of doubt that you did not actually mean what you said. May Ahmaddiyas continue to distribute Quran to everyone. (I understand the Ahmaddiyas have distributed more Qurans than any other Muslim community.)
Well, K.V., it merely emphasizes that there are fanatics in each religion, even the inconsequential branches of major ones. And people wonder why many view Islam as a violent religion, given all the talk about conquering and swords.

Me? I don't know where people get the idea myself. Though they might want to dial back the supremacist rhetoric about the "One True Religion" (TM) - a few notches.

Draka

Wonder Woman
Sword of love. A human being's ability to win hearts. That ability would win the hearts of the world and as such extremist Islam and Christianity and materialism would be gradually phased out (and is being phased out) of human hearts. True Islam would then settle in.

This was how the Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) conquered the hearts of even his hardcore enemies.

Islam can not be defeated as God supports His religion. That is why he raised Mirza Ghulam Ahmad of Qadian, the Promised Messiah and Mahdi, to combat threats to Islam, be they internal (terrorists) or external (Christianity).

No no, I was asking for the sword to defeat Islam in general.

Look, as nearly every religion believes that their god is "on their side" and "supports" them, then your claims are no different than any other. I'm pretty sure most Christians probably believe that their god holds Christianity to be the right religion. That their god supports Christianity. No different than you believe of your religion. No different. Therefore, if those beliefs are no different, then the claim that one can be defeated via some sword should be equally applicable to both sides. So...what sword can defeat Islam? Not "extremist Islam", Islam as a whole.

tariqkhwaja

Jihad Against Terrorism

Hmm ... maybe I should be more specific. Because not all doctrines of Christianity are evil.

So yes, the Doctrine of Trinity is an evil doctrine. There are also doctrines in Hinduism that are evil and the same is the case with other religions of the world. The doctrine of a place for terrorism in Islam is evil as well. Pure Islam as revealed in the Quran and taught to us by the Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) has no evil doctrines.

This must be understood that injustice against the Creator and injustice against His creation are both evil. It is an evil doctrine that innocent should be killed by Taliban just to rattle the government. But it is also evil that a son should be attributed to God who needs no son nor does He need a father.

Thus, yes as much as I respect other religions and the Prophets of other religions I can not respect the interpolations made by mankind to those religions. I love the Christianity as revealed by Christ, not the one revealed by Paul. I love the Hinduism of Krishna but not of those who interpolated his teachings. I love the religion of Guru Baba Nanak but not those who interpolated his teachings.

If there is One True God then there is One True Religion because God cannot have contradictions in His teachings.

tariqkhwaja

Jihad Against Terrorism
No no, I was asking for the sword to defeat Islam in general.

Look, as nearly every religion believes that their god is "on their side" and "supports" them, then your claims are no different than any other. I'm pretty sure most Christians probably believe that their god holds Christianity to be the right religion. That their god supports Christianity. No different than you believe of your religion. No different. Therefore, if those beliefs are no different, then the claim that one can be defeated via some sword should be equally applicable to both sides. So...what sword can defeat Islam? Not "extremist Islam", Islam as a whole.

My claims are only claims as long as I don't back them up with evidence. And evidence, rationality, logic, reasoning, and all this supported by miracles ... if I can do so my claim becomes fact and it then depends on your honesty whether you wish to see the light of the day or close your eyes.