• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Cordial Invitation to the Pope Benedict XVI to Islam

not nom

My claims are only claims as long as I don't back them up with evidence. And evidence, rationality, logic, reasoning, and all this supported by miracles ... if I can do so my claim becomes fact and it then depends on your honesty whether you wish to see the light of the day or close your eyes.

so, what's the evidence? what miracles, and what evidence for them?

tariqkhwaja

Jihad Against Terrorism
Here is one quoted at another place in the forums as well. I don't believe I am derailing the forums here.

The prophecy about the end of John Alexander Dowie made 100 years ago by Mirza Ghulam Ahmad of Qadian that came to pass. A sign for the seekers of truth in USA. Newspapers in the USA gave ample coverage of the incident.

Below is a photostat and text of Herald-Boston's coverage of the prophecy:
3302912161_e0f7b7436b.jpg

Photo + Text available at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/engrmhk/3302912161/in/photostream

"Dowie died with his friends fallen away from him and his fortune dwindled. He suffered from paralysis and insanity. He died a miserable death, with Zion city torn and frayed by internal dissension. Mirza comes forward frankly and states that he has won his challenge." (Herald of Boston, June 23, 1907)
"Ahmad and his adherents may be pardoned for taking some credit for the accuracy with which the prophecy was fulfilled a few months ago." (Dunville Gazette, June 7, 1907)
"The Qadian man predicted that if Dowie accepted the challenge, `he shall leave the world before my eyes with great sorrow and torment.' If Dowie declined, the Mirza said, `the end would only be deferred; death awaited him just the same, and calamity will soon overtake Zion.' That was the grand prophecy: Zion should fall and Dowie die before Ahmad. It appeared to be a risky step for the Promised Messiah to defy the restored Elijah to an endurance test, for the challenger was by 15 years the older man of the two and probabilities in a land of plagues and famines were against him as a survivor, but he won out." (Truth Seeker, June 15, 1907)

not nom

oh, I thought you were meant quran/mohammed.

interesting though! and kinda freaky :/ why can't they predict nice things :eek:

tariqkhwaja

Jihad Against Terrorism
oh, I thought you were meant quran/mohammed.

interesting though! and kinda freaky :/ why can't they predict nice things :eek:

Did too. The Qura'an made lots of prophecies about this day and age which bore good news. But in general good tidings are mixed with bad tidings when it comes to Prophecies. In any case here is a set of prophecies from the Qura'an that have all been fulfilled in the same age:

[81:5] And when the she-camels, tenmonth pregnant, are abandoned,
[81:6] And when the beasts are gathered together,
[81:7] And when the seas are made to flow forth one into the other,
[81:8] And when people are brought together,
[81:9] And when the girl-child buried alive is questioned about,
[81:10] ‘For what crime was she killed?’
[81:11] And when books are spread abroad.
[81:12] And when the heaven is laid bare,

1st refers to advanced modes of transportation.
2nd refers to zoos.
3rd refers to the connection of the Meditteranean with the Red sea via the Suez.
4th refers to Facebook and the whole social networking phenomena.
5th and 6th refer to the various human rights organizations
7th refer to the internet in general
8th refers to space exploration

Draka

Wonder Woman
It's funny, but all those things you have just put your own meaning to. Someone else could look at them and come up with completely different things. Someone in the past could have different comparisons while someone in the future could make even more different ones. You can take a metaphor, a vague prediction, and make it apply to just about anything you want. Doesn't mean they are correct, it means they are pliable.

not nom

It's funny, but all those things you have just put your own meaning to. Someone else could look at them and come up with completely different things. Someone in the past could have different comparisons while someone in the future could make even more different ones. You can take a metaphor, a vague prediction, and make it apply to just about anything you want. Doesn't mean they are correct, it means they are pliable.

I wouldn't consider it a prophecy... rather a poetic reminder of the last day/judgement.

[81:0] In the name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful
[81:1] When the sun is rolled.
[81:2] The stars are crashed into each other.
[81:3] The mountains are wiped out.
[81:4] The reproduction is halted.
[81:5] The beasts are summoned.
[81:6] The oceans are set aflame.
[81:7] The souls are restored to their bodies.
[81:8] The girl who was buried alive is asked:
[81:9] For what crime was she killed?
[81:10] The records are made known.
[81:11] The heaven is removed.
[81:12] Hell is ignited.
[81:13] Paradise is presented.
[81:14] Every soul will know everything it brought.

Photonic

Ad astra!
Did too. The Qura'an made lots of prophecies about this day and age which bore good news. But in general good tidings are mixed with bad tidings when it comes to Prophecies. In any case here is a set of prophecies from the Qura'an that have all been fulfilled in the same age:

[81:5] And when the she-camels, tenmonth pregnant, are abandoned,
[81:6] And when the beasts are gathered together,
[81:7] And when the seas are made to flow forth one into the other,
[81:8] And when people are brought together,
[81:9] And when the girl-child buried alive is questioned about,
[81:10] ‘For what crime was she killed?’
[81:11] And when books are spread abroad.
[81:12] And when the heaven is laid bare,

1st refers to advanced modes of transportation.
2nd refers to zoos.
3rd refers to the connection of the Meditteranean with the Red sea via the Suez.
4th refers to Facebook and the whole social networking phenomena.
5th and 6th refer to the various human rights organizations
7th refer to the internet in general
8th refers to space exploration

Lol, do you have any idea how many meanings EVERYTHING you just said have?