• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Challenge to Atheists from Answers in Genesis

Skwim

Veteran Member
ATHEISTS . . .

:bssquare:"Are you tired of all the evil associated with the philosophy of atheism—: Stalin, Hitler, Pol Pot, and so on?

:bssquare:Do you feel conflicted about the fact that atheism has no basis in morality (i.e., no absolute right and wrong; no good, no bad?)

:bssquare:Are you tired of the fact that atheism (which is based in materialism, a popular worldview today) has no basis for logic and reasoning?

:bssquare:Do you feel like you need a weekend to recoup, even though a weekend is really meaningless in an atheistic worldview —since animals, like bees, don’t take a day of rest or have a weekend? So why should atheists?

:bssquare:Do you feel conflicted about proselytizing the faith of atheism, since if atheism were true then who cares about proselytizing?

:bssquare:Are you weary of looking for evidence that contradicts the Bible’s account of creation and finding none?

For professing atheists, these questions can be overwhelming to make sense of within their worldview. And further, within an atheistic worldview, atheists must view themselves as God.

Will you repent and receive Christ as your Lord and Savior today so that you will join Christ in the resurrection from the dead; I invite you personally to become an ex-atheist, join the ranks of the saved through Jesus Christ, and become a new creation as we continue to advance with the gospel in peace that only God can provide."
source

The line starts at the right.

In any case, one can only stand in awe at these silly straw-men. But maybe I've missed something here, so anyone who feels these are reasonable challenges please step forward and 'splain.

tempogain

Why is it always "pond scum", as in "merely rearranged pond scum"? Can't we be rearranged butterfly scales, or the fruit of a rich, dark potting soil?

"all you have to look forward to is … death"... I don't know, I'm kind of looking forward to the Caps finishing Tampa Bay off.

Altfish

Veteran Member
ATHEISTS . . .

:bssquare:"Are you tired of all the evil associated with the philosophy of atheism—: Stalin, Hitler, Pol Pot, and so on?

:bssquare:Do you feel conflicted about the fact that atheism has no basis in morality (i.e., no absolute right and wrong; no good, no bad?)

:bssquare:Are you tired of the fact that atheism (which is based in materialism, a popular worldview today) has no basis for logic and reasoning?

:bssquare:Do you feel like you need a weekend to recoup, even though a weekend is really meaningless in an atheistic worldview —since animals, like bees, don’t take a day of rest or have a weekend? So why should atheists?

:bssquare:Do you feel conflicted about proselytizing the faith of atheism, since if atheism were true then who cares about proselytizing?

:bssquare:Are you weary of looking for evidence that contradicts the Bible’s account of creation and finding none?

For professing atheists, these questions can be overwhelming to make sense of within their worldview. And further, within an atheistic worldview, atheists must view themselves as God.

Will you repent and receive Christ as your Lord and Savior today so that you will join Christ in the resurrection from the dead; I invite you personally to become an ex-atheist, join the ranks of the saved through Jesus Christ, and become a new creation as we continue to advance with the gospel in peace that only God can provide."
source

In any case, one can only stand in awe at these silly straw-men. But maybe I've missed something here, so anyone who feels these are reasonable challenges please step forward and 'splain.

They never give up do they? Ken Ham just doesn't listen to any alternative thoughts. Every one of these has been debunked umpteen times.
Still building straw men and knocking them down, well done Ken

:facepalm:

Cacotopia

Let's go full Trottle
I think the "answers in Genesis" is a result of living in an echo chamber too long. Hitler was also a christian but they don't like to hear that bit.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
ATHEISTS . . .

They could just leave it at 'Am I tired of evil?'. The answer is yes. I don't believe in objective evil, but let's not split hairs. Each of those...err...muppets listed can go to hell for all I care. Figuratively. I really don't care if said evil muppet is an atheist or not. They're sure as heck not on MY team.
See? I didn't even mention they are being goal post moving assclowns by including Hitler on a list of atheists.
Nope. My teapot doesn't have a basis in morality either. Boils water just fine, which is a damn site more than I expect atheism to do.
Atheism is based in not believing in God. Refer 'goalpost moving assclowns', as I may have mentioned.
The advantage of atheism isn't what it provides a basis for. It's what it doesn't get in the way of.
I refuse to believe you actually got this from their website. You slipped it in, right?
Weekends are a luxury people in the First World commonly (but far from universally) get to enjoy. Because we no longer need to hunt Brontosaurus' for our evening supper. And yeah, I know...we never did. But I'm throwing the AiG folks a bone. A very, VERY large bone. :)
Bahahahahahahahahaha. Wait...wait...I can do this. Just two more questions.
So, rather than proselytise atheism, I prefer to proselytise secularism. If proselytise means signing a few petitions, and voting for marriage equality.
Nope. Believe as you will. I do get a wee bit tired of intellectual dishonesty, but whatevs.

Overwhelming to make sense of? Holy crap. Their bar for overwhelming is not exactly high, is it? As for viewing myself as God, it would be nice to have a small definition of what they mean by that.
Do they mean I view myself as omnipotent?
*quickly checks*
Nope. I can report that Scarlett Johansson has not appeared.
Omniscient?
Nope. I have no frigging idea why she didn't appear.
Omnibenevolent?
I mean...really? I just tried to kidnap Scarlett Johansson.

Maybe they mean I would like to send aliens to hell, even though I've never met one? Even if they're really lovely, and show us the path to world peace?
Kenny Ham himself suggested that would be God's plan...

"You see, the Bible makes it clear that Adam’s sin affected the whole universe," Ham wrote on his blog on Sunday. "This means that any aliens would also be affected by Adam’s sin, but because they are not Adam’s descendants, they can’t have salvation."

Source : “We’ll find a new earth within 20 years”

(and sure, I feel dirty. But finding him spouting crap isn't exactly a long term Google commitment)

I'm super glad that guy is not Australian. So sirree. Not our problem. At all. Nope. Ahem.

At any point in this diatribe, does he ask 'Hey, buddy, do you believe in God?'. 'Cause regardless of whether I 'like' being an atheist or not, that's what it comes down to.

Not reasonable, but probably not aimed at atheists either. He's making a show of 'fighting the good fight' I suppose.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
ATHEISTS . . .

source

You call that a challenge?
That's not a challenge.
This is a challenge....
0MvFP.gif

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
Simple answer :
I am, what I am
with or without
all those `Gods`
from the Cosmos
to the death
and to the Cosmos again.
NuffStuff

A Vestigial Mote

If that bullet list has ever actually worked to convert any atheists then I would be willing to wager that they were atheists who had never actually thought about why they were atheist in the first place.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Do you feel like you need a weekend to recoup, even though a weekend is really meaningless in an atheistic worldview —since animals, like bees, don’t take a day of rest or have a weekend? So why should atheists?
I wonder if he realizes a ton of working class do not get the weekend off, and many professionals don't get it off either with a good portion of them at least being on call 24/7. And, of course, we aren't bees, and we work way much more than what most animals do in a day, including more than our ancestors of old. Does he know the "9 to 5 grind" is still a fairly new thing for our species?
Do you feel conflicted about proselytizing the faith of atheism, since if atheism were true then who cares about proselytizing?
I found this most interesting, because not once has an atheist tried to convert me or proselytize atheism to me. And, if this is reversed, why should Christians care about proselytizing since they assume their religion to be true?

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
ATHEISTS . . .

source

Intellectual Lilliputians are so damned cute, aren't they?

Skwim

Veteran Member
I refuse to believe you actually got this from their website. You slipped it in, right?​
Just in case you missed it, the article.

And for everyone else who may be wondering about the article's author---it's always nice to put a face to wacky---it's

bodie-hodge.jpg

Bodie Hodge
"A speaker, writer, and researcher for Answers in Genesis,
Bodie Hodge has a master’s degree in mechanical engineering
from Southern Illinois University at Carbondale."

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Just in case you missed it, the article.

And for everyone else who may be wondering about the article's author---it's always nice to put a face to wacky---it's

bodie-hodge.jpg

Bodie Hodge
"A speaker, writer, and researcher for Answers in Genesis,
Bodie Hodge has a master’s degree in mechanical engineering
from Southern Illinois University at Carbondale."

... and professional idiot it seems too. :D