• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

50 Best Food Dishes In the World

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Where's cream of leek soup with stilton cheese? Or braised beef cheeks with root vegetable polenta?

And one perfected by me! Terrine of foie gras with ice-wine soaked raisins, served on a wheatberry salad with apple cider vinaigrette, and a home-made apple chip! (Yes, I really did that, for my lover's 40th birthday party.)

Last edited:

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Oh, and lest I forget, one of my best creations ever: caramelized port pears with stilton cream. There's a dessert you don't forget, I'll tell you.

Recipes available for just a few frubals...

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
(For those who haven't guessed....I really like food, and I really love cooking...and I'm good at it. You should see my lover's waistline! :eek:)

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Looks a mixed bunch. Since when was a condiment (ketchup) a "food dish" ?

Popcorn? Food dish?

Maple syrup... I think that's actually just an ingredient.

Oh dear.

Food is like love. It's all in the eyes of the beholder.

I probably put popcorn though in the historical category as the best food dish of its day. Ode' to the ear of corn. Where is coffee is the elixir of the Gods, corn could be considered the food of the Gods. ;0)

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Man I'd hate to think of what I was eating whenever I have pigs in a blanket.
As well you should! Nobody who ever experienced how sausages are made would ever eat one. (The same goes for those bottles of hot-dog relish that haunt every barbecue -- ghastly stuff, so hard to get the dirt and pebbles out.)

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member

I probably put popcorn though in the historical category as the best food dish of its day. Ode' to the ear of corn. Where is coffee is the elixir of the Gods, corn could be considered the food of the Gods. ;0)
No, no, no! Chocolate is the food of the gods. It must be properly made -- dark (not that icky milk-chocolate swill), with deep flavours like chilis, or madagascar vanilla, or dried rasperries and orange peel.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
No, no, no! Chocolate is the food of the gods. It must be properly made -- dark (not that icky milk-chocolate swill), with deep flavours like chilis, or madagascar vanilla, or dried rasperries and orange peel.
I've forgotten about chocolate. Man, I'm such a blasphemer!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
As I've always felt that shepherd's pie should be made with real shepherds. Alas, the rules are too restrictive these days...
I know.
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara

For me, "food dish" means meals (as some in the list are), not condiments, ingredients etc. I love chocolate but it's not a "food dish."

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Ive eaten most, including tomato ketchup*. Some are nice but none are a favourite. Which happens to be Lamb Korai.

*As a child a favourite after school snack was tomato ketchup spread on a slice of bread. Delightful.
I was and am much more a mustard fan:), and I never liked ketchup. :p

But I'm with ya on lamb as that's the only meat I ever crave.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I was and am much more a mustard fan:), and I never liked ketchup. :p

But I'm with ya on lamb as that's the only meat I ever crave.

Mustard, tarragon and cream sauce, delightful with chicken or steak.
Or mustard, cracked black pepper and cream sauce.

ChristineM

Premium Member
For me, "food dish" means meals (as some in the list are), not condiments, ingredients etc. I love chocolate but it's not a "food dish."

Chocolate is a food staple, or should be ;-)

A local restaurant does a triple chocolate fondant in chocolate sauce. A definite food dish

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Mustard, tarragon and cream sauce, delightful with chicken or steak.
Or mustard, cracked black pepper and cream sauce.
Ya, I make my own cream sauces, with my favorite being a lemon-dill sauce, which is great over fish especially. Sometimes I convert that into a type of hollandaise sauce by adding cheese.

That's my French and Swedish coming out btw.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Ya, I make my own cream sauces, with my favorite being a lemon-dill sauce, which is great over fish especially. Sometimes I convert that into a type of hollandaise sauce by adding cheese.

That's my French and Swedish coming out btw.

I love them, tarragon cream sauce with diced mushrooms, garlic and white wine is great with fish.

I am pushing tarragon like crazy because i only recently used it in a sauce. And i love the flavour.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
Ah. One of those chocoholic snobs. I thought they were a myth. :D