• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

50 Best Food Dishes In the World

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member
I wonder how they determined the results. Reads to me like editor's picks.

Anyway... since rhubarb pie didn't make the list, I had no choice but to consider it a complete failure right out of the gate.
We used to grow rhubarb and my mother would make delicious pies out of some of it.

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member
Do you have a favorite dish?
We did not actually eat snake by choice or by surprise, but I always loved that meal scene in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom.

I am not averse to trying new dishes as long as they are well prepared, clean and interesting. Probably not live snakes though.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
We did not actually eat snake by choice or by surprise, but I always loved that meal scene in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom.

I am not averse to trying new dishes as long as they are well prepared, clean and interesting. Probably not live snakes though.

A couple friends of mine love rattlesnake. Whenever I take them to a certain restaurant, Dan, they pig out on it. I love it that they enjoy it, but I cannot even so much as harbor the thought of trying it myself. I just can't go that far. No idea why I'm so strongly put off by snake.

I also avoid pork, but I'm not even close to being repulsed by it. I used to eat it all the time. Then one day I began to feel guilty for eating an animal that is smarter than half the population of America. Now I can't eat it without at least some guilt. The animal is just too smart.

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member
A couple friends of mine love rattlesnake. Whenever I take them to a certain restaurant, Dan, they pig out on it. I love it that they enjoy it, but I cannot even so much as harbor the thought of trying it myself. I just can't go that far. No idea why I'm so strongly put off by snake.

I also avoid pork, but I'm not even close to being repulsed by it. I used to eat it all the time. Then one day I began to feel guilty for eating an animal that is smarter than half the population of America. Now I can't eat it without at least some guilt. The animal is just too smart.
I have eaten bullfrog, turtle and alligator, but have yet to try snake of the rattle type or any other. I have been told it is tasty, but mine has been more of a supply issue rather than a personal aversion to eating it. Cooked of course, not crawling around live.

A friend of mine was served rattlesnake at a party in California. He had a healthy mouthful, when he was informed what it was. He said for some reason it felt like the bite he had taken just grew in his mouth to the point of choking him and he had to spit it out. We all have aversions to something. Human food spanning such variety, there are bound to be things that stimulate some level of distaste or revulsion in various people. The Filipino delicacy balut is one that does it for me. I am fascinated with it on one hand, but could never bring myself to even try it.

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member
Judging by the discussion so far, they're moderately successful.

41. Stinky tofu???
We are human. We like to argue. Aliens probably have that down as part of a dichotomous key to life on other planets.

3010a. Likes to argue..............................................................................Homo sapiens.

3010b. Not very opinionated. Not stimulated by conflict. Affable. Agreeable.......Species not found in the Orion Arm.