• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Zero Probability of Evolution. Atheism wrong?

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
I would love to hear this evidence.

I think you don't want to hear it, which is why you tend to talk and not listen when you are on a religious forum, wasting your time and mine. Just my opinion, of course.

If you really wanted to hear evidence, you would ask the ultimate evidence-giver!

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
I think you don't want to hear it,
I just told you I did.

which is why you tend to talk and not listen when you are on a religious forum, wasting your time and mine. Just my opinion, of course.
Which is hilarious, considering you currently seem intent on telling me what I believe rather than actually listening to what I believe.

Clearly, you are the one talking and not listening. I'm happy to post other examples of you doing this to myself and other posters too.

If you really wanted to hear evidence, you would ask the ultimate evidence-giver!
So you don't have any evidence despite saying there was reason/evidence/logic that there was?

ArtieE

strong belief in God or in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual apprehension rather than proof.
This is the definition we use when we talk about religious faith. "based on spiritual apprehension rather than proof" can be translated as ""spiritual apprehension" is not based on actual evidence and can also go against actual evidence."

ArtieE

Respectfully, I disagree, as do millions of open-minded people who searched for God and found Him.
If they have found Him they should get Him on some television talk show. And if He's too shy, tell those millions of open-minded people to go looking for all the other gods in the Bible and persuade some of them.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
The likelihood that God did not participate in the creation of the universe is negligible (and likely zero). Why be an Atheist?
Show your working for that figure?
To say that the probability of the godless origin of life is 100 percent (because we are alive) is not scientific. This is the so-called "conditional" probability. Unconditional probability is negligible.
Who's making the claim that the probability of the godless origin of life is 100 percent? How is that any less scientific than your claim about a probability of zero in your first line?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
=== Non-Moderator Notice ===
If anyone claims a numerical probability for
something, you must show all your calculations.
The penalty for failing to do this is to wear me
kilt for a month....on yer head!

Truly Enlightened

All faith-based culturally-specific beliefs, exploit the 0.00000001% degree of certainty. If you are not 100% certain of your position, then how can you be 100% certain that my position is wrong? This is a textbook fallacy. All believers know that there is no OBJECTIVE evidence to support their beliefs. Therefore, their belief is solely based on their subjective experiences, pride, ego, and faith. The more knowledge you have, the less faith you need. The less knowledge you have, the more faith you need. Maybe Religion is an evolutionary necessity that supplants our evolved fear of death. I really don't care what grown adults want to believe in, as long as they keep it to themselves. Or else, provide the evidence to support it.

My problem is when believers force their personal beliefs onto our education system, to give it a false sense of relevancy. When you claim that your beliefs are equivalent to well established and evidence-based scientific principles, then you better do more than just assert it. When you try and infect all areas of government with your factless and static religiosity, your movement becomes self-serving and one dimensional. When you send children off to religious camps, schools, and churches to be indoctrinated with your belief, before they develop the mental skills to decide for themselves, then this is blatant child abuse. If you think that you do have this right, then you better start presenting some objective evidence that will justify this abusive action. If you choose to believe in fantasies and myths, that's your business, but leave our kids alone. Are you afraid that that might grow up and start asking the same questions as Atheist do?

If you still feel that you are correct, please demonstrate that the "power of prayer" has any objective application, or can be scientifically proven. Please demonstrate at least one scientifically proven miracle. Maybe you can explain how we can test for anything that exist outside of our reality? Can you even explain why your Religion is the correct Religion, and all the others are false? Please demonstrate any scientifically proven examples of anything that has died(not NDE), and returned to life. Maybe a rational philosophical argument that is free of logical fallacies. In short, what objective evidence can you present that anything supernatural exists, outside of your own imagination? What you call faith, I call cognitive dissonance. When 4 out of 10 Americans believe that a God created the earth, the Universe, and all life 6-10,000 years ago, I'm starting to believe that the "dumbing down" is real. Finally, what kinds of predictions, new discoveries, or practical applications can be achieved through religion? Don

Last edited:
I think you don't want to hear it, which is why you tend to talk and not listen when you are on a religious forum, wasting your time and mine. Just my opinion, of course.

I'm not sure, this word; evidence, means what you think it means.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
If they have found Him they should get Him on some television talk show. And if He's too shy, tell those millions of open-minded people to go looking for all the other gods in the Bible and persuade some of them.

It sounds like you're unaware God is withdrawn from sinners but responds privately, not on TV, to the HUMBLE. ;)

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
I just told you I did.

Which is hilarious, considering you currently seem intent on telling me what I believe rather than actually listening to what I believe.

Clearly, you are the one talking and not listening. I'm happy to post other examples of you doing this to myself and other posters too.

So you don't have any evidence despite saying there was reason/evidence/logic that there was?

Evidence for what? For your existence? Prove you exist and I'll prove to you God exists...

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
They may believe that they have found God, but the contradictions of their beliefs between one another tells us they found different gods.

There is no contradiction of belief in the universal religious notion that there is Heaven for believers and Hell for unbelievers. Have you considered the universal nature of this notion?

Why do you lack the experience of 99% of humankind, do you think? Genetic issue?
You could be close to the truth. There are those that posit the bits of the brain that weave these religious fantasies are a coping mechanism for the awareness of mortality, as in, at some point it was a beneficial trait.

Now it's pretty much vestigal, like tonsils or wisdom teeth.

ArtieE

It sounds like you're unaware God is withdrawn from sinners but responds privately, not on TV, to the HUMBLE. ;)
Then make yourself useful and find some of the other gods mentioned in the Bible. If you can make only one of them appear on a television talk show you have disproved atheism.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
There is no contradiction of belief in the universal religious notion that there is Heaven for believers and Hell for unbelievers. Have you considered the universal nature of this notion?

That is overly simplistic and even many of your fellow Christians disagree with you on the Hell aspect. Do you even know what others of the Christian faith believe? The only thing that they seem to agree upon is the existence of a god, but then that only makes them theists. The countless contradictions tell us that they do worship the same "god".

Amazingly enough it appears that you have never heard one Christian say about another "He is not a real Christian".