• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your top three evidences that the Cosmos gives a crap about you…

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
earthspace.jpg

If our solar system is simply just as small as a spec of dust out of thousands of solar systems the size of ours, just compared to our galaxy, imagine how small an individual from earth is compared to the entire universe.

I proved the opposite, sorry.

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
1. I survived my childhood.
2. I'm not in prison.
3. I have a wonderful child.

Just wondering why that's evidence that the Cosmos cares, and not simply evidence of good genes, good upbringing, hard work on your part, and a little dash of luck?

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
earthspace.jpg

If our solar system is simply just as small as a spec of dust out of thousands of solar systems the size of ours, just compared to our galaxy, imagine how small an individual from earth is compared to the entire universe.

I proved the opposite, sorry.
On the contrary... You demonstrated how very special we really are, that we little dots can have this perspective on the world.

Sir Doom

Cooler than most of you
1. I wasn't born in the Congo
2. I don't have a horrible disfiguring or debilitating disease from birth
3. I was born in the modern era with video games aplenty

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
1. I wasn't born in the Congo
2. I don't have a horrible disfiguring or debilitating disease from birth
3. I was born in the modern era with video games aplenty

So, in other words, the Cosmos doesn't care for the Congoese, or people born with 6 toes, and most certainly didn't care for anyone before 1972?

Sir Doom

Cooler than most of you
So, in other words, the Cosmos doesn't care for the Congoese, or people born with 6 toes, and most certainly didn't care for anyone before 1972?

No, it just wouldn't care about me.

By the way, I don't consider 6 toes to be debilitating or disfiguring.

Trey of Diamonds

Just wondering why that's evidence that the Cosmos cares, and not simply evidence of good genes, good upbringing, hard work on your part, and a little dash of luck?

It might not be evidence of a caring cosmos but it certainly isn't evidence of all that. Well, maybe the luck part if you making a great big helping handful. :D

Honestly, I don't have any real evidence of a caring cosmos. Not sure I believe in a caring cosmos or even a sentient one. I'm happy with the fact that the cosmos exists and I'm a part of it.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member

Just curious, how'd that work out for ya?

It has resulted in many past and continuing years of both good luck and bad luck, the good luck has been that there has been no bad luck and the bad luck has been that there has been no good luck. ;)

Btw, here is a quick diagrammatic model of the way the cosmic hierarchy works...

scaled.php

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
It's through us that the universe has the ability to give a crap, given that we're a part of it. If there is something that can be considered "divine", it's from and of us ("us" being any sentient, sapient being), not above or separate from us.

apophenia

Originally Posted by apophenia
4. Democracy. (Excuse me while I laugh myself sick).
5. Social media.:p
6. Really cool stuff.
7. Even cooler stuff next month.
8. Credit cards ! We all get a chance to buy really cool stuff.
9. Steven Wright.

With the exception of my ignorance of who Steven Wright is, that actually appears to be a rather complete list of precisely the things that make people feel special.

I know. Ironic isn't it ?

Steven Wright is a comedian, google him for a good laugh, he has various youtubes.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
On the contrary... You demonstrated how very special we really are, that we little dots can have this perspective on the world.

I think I've shown how we're not only little dots, but how important we are. If we were truly important we'd be much larger and probably closer to the center. Let alone, considering how we're not even .00001% of the universe, there's probably uncountable amounts of unimportant dots like us, and it's probably not uncommon.

Straw Dog

I'll give it a shot. We arose through cosmic evolution so, in a way, we are in the cosmos, but the cosmos are also within us. We are both extensions of it and interconnected within in so it doesn't really make sense to think of us as wholly separate and isolated from the greater natural process. We are capable of empathy so the cosmos 'cares' in so far that we have love and compassion for one another. We create the phenomenon of love in the cosmos. Of course, this doesn't apply to the totality of existence, but size is relative. Besides we're actually about middle sized in the grand scheme of things, not too small and not too big.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
We each are at the center,..cosmic consciousness is like a circle whose center is everywhere and whose circumference is nowhere.

Each of us is totally unique at the physical and subjective level, and yet simultaneously ubique at the deepest level of our being. When the unique individual realizes the underlying ubiquitous nature shared with all that exists, it a celebration of love and joy. :bounce