• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your top three evidences that the Cosmos gives a crap about you…

s2a

Heretic and part-time (skinny) Santa impersonator
Your top three evidences that the Cosmos gives a crap about you…

…and no, at least for the purposes of this discussion/debate, any claims of “god loves me” are uninvited and most certainly eliminated as “evidence” herein. Please limit yourselves to provision of currently observable phenomena in considered reply, if you please.

So, removing any and all supernatural causations/rationalizations…where can we look into the vastness of the cosmos to point to any particular and specific examples that the Cosmos is either consciously aware of you, personally…or humanity as a collective whole?

Astronomers can readily observe both nascent protostars and the violent aftereffects of supernovae, not to mention actual collisions of entire galaxies…

..so, absent any accountings or testimonies of wishful thinking or religion…what do you see/account/attribute/claim as compelling evidence that the entirety of the Cosmos even notices your presence?

The best we can fairly speculate upon today is that you, as an individual, are but one of appx. 7 billion other human beings on this planet… just one planet of at least eight others in this solar system…orbiting a rather mediocre and average star, with appx. 100 billion other stars in this galaxy we call the “Milky Way”,…of appx 100 billion other galaxies within the known and observable/estimable Cosmos…give or take just a few billion…

So, speak up and make your case :)

apophenia

4. Democracy. (Excuse me while I laugh myself sick).
5. Social media.:p
6. Really cool stuff.
7. Even cooler stuff next month.
8. Credit cards ! We all get a chance to buy really cool stuff.
9. Steven Wright.

apophenia

Ditto.
It was Shuddhasttva's fault. And Kurt Vonnegut.
I'm easily misguided.

On the other hand, it has bumped your thread.

Good thread too. I join you in your challenge for evidence that god (or the cosmos) gives a crap about us.

I can't imagine what might be presented as evidence, if you are disallowing "I feel his love". I wait with bated breath.

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't think the universe gives a crap, at least not in an emotional context.

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
Another thought. Without me, the reality I perceive, interact with, exist in and experience could not exist. This is, naturally, true for everyone.

So in a way, the fact I exist, that I am the centre of my reality is how the universe "gives a crap about me".

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
I've been crapped on by a sparrow, a swallow, and a pigeon!!!

I've been told that it's good luck when it happens so it seems the Cosmos uses this peculiar method to help people. ;)

BSM1

What? Me worry?
[quo
te=ben d;3027201]I've been crapped on by a sparrow, a swallow, and a pigeon!!!

I've been told that it's good luck when it happens so it seems the Cosmos uses this peculiar method to help people. ;)
[/QUOTE]

Just curious, how'd that work out for ya?

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I think that you put so many conditions on what constitutes "evidence" is somewhat unfair to certain belief systems of the world. :shrug:

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
4. Democracy. (Excuse me while I laugh myself sick).
5. Social media.:p
6. Really cool stuff.
7. Even cooler stuff next month.
8. Credit cards ! We all get a chance to buy really cool stuff.
9. Steven Wright.

With the exception of my ignorance of who Steven Wright is, that actually appears to be a rather complete list of precisely the things that make people feel special.

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
It appears that this question relies more upon the characteristics of the Cosmos, rather than humans, yet unsurprisingly, most of the answers (both snarky and real) are based upon the human.

Skwim

Veteran Member
If it didn't care it wouldn't have made me so damn handsome.
tough-guy-2-300x205.png