• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your top three evidences that the Cosmos gives a crap about you…

jasonwill2

Are we a part of that which is considered the Cosmos?

Are we capable of caring for one another?

Are we not evidence that the Cosmos is capable of producing the phenomenon of "care" and "compassion"?

! It has been proved.

(?)

Right?

s2a

Heretic and part-time (skinny) Santa impersonator

Are we not evidence that the Cosmos is capable of producing the phenomenon of "care" and "compassion"?
Oh fun:)

Rhetorical nonsense proffered as profundity... I can manage at least that much too :)

Are we not? (see how easy answering a question with a question seems probing and perhaps insightful, but really isn't)?

Um..."yes"..."no"?

Your probative and informed reply is...?

Yes.

Just and still wondering what your take on that might be...

...if anything at all :)

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Your top three evidences that the Cosmos gives a crap about you…

…and no, at least for the purposes of this discussion/debate, any claims of “god loves me” are uninvited and most certainly eliminated as “evidence” herein. Please limit yourselves to provision of currently observable phenomena in considered reply, if you please.

So, removing any and all supernatural causations/rationalizations…where can we look into the vastness of the cosmos to point to any particular and specific examples that the Cosmos is either consciously aware of you, personally…or humanity as a collective whole?

Astronomers can readily observe both nascent protostars and the violent aftereffects of supernovae, not to mention actual collisions of entire galaxies…

..so, absent any accountings or testimonies of wishful thinking or religion…what do you see/account/attribute/claim as compelling evidence that the entirety of the Cosmos even notices your presence?

The best we can fairly speculate upon today is that you, as an individual, are but one of appx. 7 billion other human beings on this planet… just one planet of at least eight others in this solar system…orbiting a rather mediocre and average star, with appx. 100 billion other stars in this galaxy we call the “Milky Way”,…of appx 100 billion other galaxies within the known and observable/estimable Cosmos…give or take just a few billion…

So, speak up and make your case :)

The Cosmos arranged the extinction of dinosaurs so my ancestors wouldn't get eaten.

The Cosmos sent me a birthday card last year. Well, when I say 'The Cosmos' it was really a card out of the blue from someone I don't even know. And when I say 'My Birthday', it was a birthday card that arrived a month after my birthday, addressed to someone called 'Constance'. Which starts with 'Co', just like 'Cosmos'. Coincidence?

Despite living on the bottom of the Earth, the Cosmos instituted 'gravity', thus sticking my feet firmly to the ground, and allowing me to survive. I appreciate this, despite often (when playing basketball) wishing my feet weren't quite so firmly stuck to the ground.

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The method I've seen the universe utilize to care about people, is for humans (and some pets) to care about people. The reality of humans caring about other humans, seeing as how humans are part of the universe, is at least one way for the universe to care.

I've not seen reason to believe that the universe as a whole, as like a god or something, cares about individual people or other individual animals.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
The method I've seen the universe utilize to care about people, is for humans (and some pets) to care about people. The reality of humans caring about other humans, seeing as how humans are part of the universe, is at least one way for the universe to care.

I've not seen reason to believe that the universe as a whole, as like a god or something, cares about individual people or other individual animals.
All is One, the One is God, God is the One that is All...

God sleeps in the rock,
God dreams in the plant,
God stirs in the animal,
God awakens in man..
. Al Arabi

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
I am happy
things general work out for me
I perceive.

s2a

The Cosmos arranged the extinction of dinosaurs so my ancestors wouldn't get eaten.

Ahhh… well that explains everything! :)

(Just a word of caution…birds are the evolutionary descendants of the dinosaurs…and they know where you live, so avoid those delicious colognes, especially when applied around ocular regions).

The Cosmos sent me a birthday card last year. Well, when I say 'The Cosmos' it was really a card out of the blue from someone I don't even know. And when I say 'My Birthday', it was a birthday card that arrived a month after my birthday, addressed to someone called 'Constance'. Which starts with 'Co', just like 'Cosmos'. Coincidence?
I’d prefer to blame the US Post Office. Doesn’t seem all that spooky that way.

Despite living on the bottom of the Earth, the Cosmos instituted 'gravity', thus sticking my feet firmly to the ground, and allowing me to survive. I appreciate this, despite often (when playing basketball) wishing my feet weren't quite so firmly stuck to the ground.
Fortunate that it appears to be a fairly universal constant (gravity), so I wouldn’t take it too personally :)

s2a

All is One, the One is God, God is the One that is All...

God sleeps in the rock,
God dreams in the plant,
God stirs in the animal,
God awakens in man..
. Al Arabi

Ya know, and not to quibble overmuch, but "God" counts as only one "example" :)

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
The simple truth is that the universe/cosmos etc doesn't give a crap about you, as it is not likely to be aware of your existence anymore-so than you are aware of the amoeba in the glass of water you just chugged down.

Well, I can't say for sure that the cosmos cares about us, but the One who created it
might. :)

So I'm not sure the following would count as "evidence" (a goal-post that I have found
mysteriously moves no matter what is proffered), but:

1. Love
2. Bliss
3. Beauty

Okay it's really really hard to stop at just 3.... :sorry1:

4. Forums like RF
5. Bacon has been mentioned. I concur on the bacon thing.
6. Coffee. Dear Lord, the coffee... He knew I loved it so He made it. There's yer
evidence, right there! :D
7. Red wine.

I could go on and on .... and on ....

8. This thread -- it's making me fall in love with life all over again, lol!:hearts:
-

idav

Being
Premium Member
The simple truth is that the universe/cosmos etc doesn't give a crap about you, as it is not likely to be aware of your existence anymore-so than you are aware of the amoeba in the glass of water you just chugged down.
I'm glad that the cosmos were able to express this truth through you, very helpful.;)

1). Personal experience that was intersubjectively verifiable.
2). What you want to observe is observable from within, not outside.
3). Unified Field
[youtube]Fqdcdky9wR4[/youtube]

Last edited:

s2a