• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your thoughts on death.

Sonic247

Ecclesiastes 7:2- [It is] better to go to the house of mourning, than to go to the house of feasting: for that [is] the end of all men; and the living will lay [it] to his heart.

James 4:14 Whereas ye know not what [shall be] on the morrow. For what [is] your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.

Is death something to be feared, to look forward to, to encourage you to make the best of your short time.

Engyo

Prince of Dorkness!
Death is a part of life - neither to be feared nor (generally) desired. It is our final act in this lifetime; the capstone of this phase of our existence.

FatMan

Death is just a temporary fade to black, which after this past Sunday obviously doesn't sit well with many people.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Sonic said:
Is death something...to encourage you to make the best of your short time.

Short time? You obviously were never married to my ex! The weeks dragged on, each a century.

BruceDLimber

Greetings!

Is death something to be feared, to look forward to, to encourage you to make the best of your short time?[/SIZE]

Well, here's our view.

From the Bahai' scriptures:

O SON OF THE SUPREME!
I have made death a messenger of joy to thee; wherefore dost thou grieve?
I have made the light to shine upon thee its speldor; wherefore dost thou veil thyself therefrom?
--The HIdden Words, Part One, #32

Best! :)

Bruce

Sonic247

Greetings!

Well, here's our view.

From the Bahai' scriptures:

O SON OF THE SUPREME!
I have made death a messenger of joy to thee; wherefore dost thou grieve?
I have made the light to shine upon thee its speldor; wherefore dost thou veil thyself therefrom?
--The HIdden Words, Part One, #32

Best! :)

Bruce

Maybe it's just me but I don't get why it's saying death is a messanger of joy, it kind of seems like it would be the opposite, but I don't know the context, who is son of the supreme, Jesus or all of us.

Mike182

Flaming Queer
I don't personally believe that, but I don't get why some people that do try to remember past lives, this one has enough problems for me.

because if you look at past lives as being lessons to learn from, it's potentially worth benefiting from those lessons.

Sonic247

because if you look at past lives as being lessons to learn from, it's potentially worth benefiting from those lessons.
I had a feeling you would say that, but if most people honestly looked at the life they lived so far (this one) they would realize that it will take enough time to apply the those lessons before worrying about the other ones.

Mike182

Flaming Queer
I had a feeling you would say that, but if most people honestly looked at the life they lived so far (this one) they would realize that it will take enough time to apply the those lessons before worrying about the other ones.

maybe, i'm not sure.... i haven't wanted or needed to invest in past life regression so i can't honestly answer.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
Death is just another part of life. It isn't something to be feared, but then you shouldn't be looking forward to it either, just accepting of its eventuality.

wa:do

Death is the gateway to birth into the third stage of life. The first stage corresponds to life in our mother's womb, the second to life in the physical world, breathing air, and the third to our eternal life in the spiritual world.

Sonic247

I figured I would have random posts on this thread with two verses about death on them-

Psalm 90:10- The days of our years [are] threescore years and ten; and if by reason of strength [they be] fourscore years, yet [is] their strength labour and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away.

Psalm 23:4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou [art] with me

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
ok how about these quotes on death. :D
"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." - Chief Aupumut (1725), Mohican.
“There is no death. Only a change of worlds.” - Chief Seattle [Seatlh], Suquamish Chief

wa:do

Sonic247

When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." - Chief Aupumut (1725), Mohican

I hope everyone could say that, and it reminds me of what Paul said

For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought a good fight, I have finished [my] course, I have kept the faith: Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

Sonic247

Death is the gateway to birth into the third stage of life. The first stage corresponds to life in our mother's womb, the second to life in the physical world, breathing air, and the third to our eternal life in the spiritual world.

See I think our physicall birth is the first, and our spiritual birth is the second, but that it doesn't happen at death, but eternal life is a present possesion, it's just a matter changing a corrupted body for an incorruptible one.

John 3-7
1Peter 1:23
Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Aasimar

Atheist
Ecclesiastes 7:2- [It is] better to go to the house of mourning, than to go to the house of feasting: for that [is] the end of all men; and the living will lay [it] to his heart.

James 4:14 Whereas ye know not what [shall be] on the morrow. For what [is] your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.

Is death something to be feared, to look forward to, to encourage you to make the best of your short time.

Death is the end of life. What occurs afterwards is unknown, but all evidence points towards the annihilation of your personality. So should you make the best of your short time? Absolutely, more than likely it's the only time you are gonna get.