• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your thoughts on death.

Dr. Nosophoros

First you actually die and you lose control of your functions, so some one will wash the excrement and/or urine from your body before anything happens. Unless you have made other arrangements you will probably be pickled and placed into an expensive coffin that your survivors have been guilted into buying, people stand around crying over you and may remember you from time to time, but it's probably the same for other routes, I chose the BBQ route (cremation) and the scattering of my ashes in Canyon DeChelly -but that is almost as expensive!, or maybe one of those funerals with music (Jazz funerals) where everyone has a big party after carrying your dead butt through the street. Other than that I couldn't tell you because I haven't died yet.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
OK, then can you give me the definition of existence that you are referring to, so that I can respond accordingly?
The condition of existing. Something exists. If it changes, its existence itself hasn't changed --it still exists. It existed before, and it exists after.

Engyo

Prince of Dorkness!
The condition of existing. Something exists. If it changes, its existence itself hasn't changed --it still exists. It existed before, and it exists after.
OK, now I think I see the disconnect. Existence, using this formulation, is a condition (causes and conditions) rather than an oject. As such it is discussed differently. However, Buddhism will maintain that even the conditions of existence will change over time - and since they do, they are not eternal. Think of either the moment of creation (if you subscribe to that concept), of the cosm-egg before the Big Bang (if that's your favorite view), or lots of other ways of looking at it. The conditions of existence then are not the same as they are now. A billion or twenty milleniea from now, those conditions will be different than today - ergo no eternal changelessness for existence, either.

P.S. - I don't necessarily expect anyone to agree - I am just putting forward the Buddhist viewpoint. It is certainly not the only one.

Rolling_Stone

There is no question that the conditions of existence change over time, but what is time? So long as time is part of our awareness, we are living the illusion of being apart from the infinite and eternal nature of That which is.

P.S.
Don't misunderstand: I love the Buddhist philosophy.

Sonic247

Next two verses please-

kay-

1 Corinthians 15:26- The last enemy [that] shall be destroyed [is] death.

SoS 8:6-
Set me as a seal upon thine heart, as a seal upon thine arm: for love [is] strong as death; jealousy [is] cruel as the grave: the coals thereof [are] coals of fire, [which hath a] most vehement flame.

summia

Scriptural reader
Is death something to be feared, to look forward to, to encourage you to make the best of your short time.

Death is the rest of life and every one has to get up after this rest for reward and punishment according to True belief.

Panda

42?
Premium Member
Its a scary thought isn't it? That there is nothing, that we simply cease to exsist and everything we were disapears. Our hopes, our dreams, our loves and hates. In an instant it is all just gone. Who wouldn't find that scary?

Sonic247

nothing if it was true, it wouldn't really be fair though, one person would be happy most of his life and the other abused most of the time and they would both go to the same place.

LogDog

Its a scary thought isn't it? That there is nothing, that we simply cease to exsist and everything we were disapears. Our hopes, our dreams, our loves and hates. In an instant it is all just gone. Who wouldn't find that scary?

Not so much when you've got the Gawd delusion. Death becomes all warm and fuzzy.

Panda

42?
Premium Member
Its comforting isn't it?

Sonic life is not fair. Believing life is fair is extremely naive of you

cardero

Citizen Mod
  • REMEMBER, everyONE has to die; everyONE has to go out of this world in some way.
  • REMEMBER, there is no judgment in death, no right or wrong in death.
  • REMEMBER, the physical existence you are living now is not your home.

Sonic247

The condition of the world, their own sins, ect. It's just the nature of God to comfort someone who mourns because he is compassionate.