• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your thoughts on death.

Sonic247

Blessed are the poor in spirit for theirs is the kingdom of heaven, blessed are they who morn for they shall be comforted, blessed are the meek for they shall inheret the earth........ Every valley shall be filled, and every mountain and hill shall be brought low; and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough ways [shall be] made smooth;

Rolling_Stone

What's so wrong with the notion that this life is the only one we get?
Not a thing, but don't delude yourself.
To the unbelieving materialist, man is simply an evolutionary accident. His hopes of survival are strung on a figment of mortal imagination; his fears, loves, longings, and beliefs are but the reaction of the incidental juxtaposition of certain lifeless atoms of matter. No display of energy nor expression of trust can carry him beyond the grave. The devotional labors and inspirational genius of the best of men are doomed to be extinguished by death, the long and lonely night of eternal oblivion and soul extinction. Nameless despair is man's only reward for living and toiling under the temporal sun of mortal existence. Each day of life slowly and surely tightens the grasp of a pitiless doom which a hostile and relentless universe of matter has decreed shall be the crowning insult to everything in human desire which is beautiful, noble, lofty, and good.

lombas

Society of Brethren
Friends do not consider a life after death as a reward for virtue, or as a compensation for the suffering in their lives on earth. Neither has the fear or threat of damnation been used to induce Friends to live better lives. The Quaker view of what happens beyond death is firmly rooted in the experience of this life. Friends believe that life is good, and that an essential clue to its real nature is to be glimpsed in the love that people have for one another.

There is always an element of mystery about love which people cannot fully penetrate, but Friends are convinced that it has a timeless quality. Love cannot be destroyed by death and cannot be limited by time and space. This conviction is underlined by the experience of Quaker worship, and by the awareness that the personality of Jesus was not diminished by his death. His life was based on his profound trust that God is love. Friends respond to this love. They experience heaven here and now, and believe that whatever lies beyond death must be for our good.

Friends do not dogmatise about what happens after death. There are Friends who are convinced that there is an after-life, and those who are convinced that there is not. But all Friends feel that it is more important to get on with living this life, and seek to improve the conditions of humanity in this world, than to engage in speculations about the next.

(Hans Weening)

I think death is nothing to be feared of or be happy about. Although death releases us, the soul from our body it is nothing special, just natural.

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
To me death is just a part of life(read my sig). When I was younger I cried when my best friend died(my grandmother dog), but when my father passed I didn't to me at this point I felt I had to bee strong and not cry or show tears for my mom and sisters. There have been a lot of death in my family has of late, but I just see it has something that must happen for the world to keep going.

Special Revelation

Ecclesiastes 7:2- [It is] better to go to the house of mourning, than to go to the house of feasting: for that [is] the end of all men; and the living will lay [it] to his heart.

James 4:14 Whereas ye know not what [shall be] on the morrow. For what [is] your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.

Is death something to be feared, to look forward to, to encourage you to make the best of your short time.

Two groups of Humanity

Hebrews 9:27: Just as man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment,

Philippians 1:21: For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain

Sonic247

To me death is just a part of life(read my sig). When I was younger I cried when my best friend died(my grandmother dog), but when my father passed I didn't to me at this point I felt I had to bee strong and not cry or show tears for my mom and sisters. There have been a lot of death in my family has of late, but I just see it has something that must happen for the world to keep going.
Unless there was somewhere with enough room for everyone