• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your beliefs of Afterlife?

Eliab ben Benjamin

Premium Member
but do you retain....'you'

To a point you retain you, The place after death, whatever you name it, is a place of life review,
to measure the life lessons learned, the circumstances overcome, the achievements and losses,
and then to plan the conditions required for the next life to improve you towards perfection...
after which if achieved you essence (Soul) returns complete with all its experience to the
creator from whence it originated.....

Thief

Rogue Theologian
To a point you retain you, The place after death, whatever you name it, is a place of life review,
to measure the life lessons learned, the circumstances overcome, the achievements and losses,
and then to plan the conditions required for the next life to improve you towards perfection...
after which if achieved you essence (Soul) returns complete with all its experience to the
creator from whence it originated.....
so you become a better person....and worthy the presence of God

Tmac

First I'd like to add that my thought on Life is that it is much more than the polar concepts we know as life and death and that this Life is not bound by "time" and there is no afterlife, we are all ready there, we just have to evolve. Do I believe in eternity? I think that the "I am" is the creator and I, a little "I am" if you will, am its creation and will exists as the "I am" sustains itself. To and for me, to experience oneness with the "I am" seems to be the only way to insure one gets the most out of the "Life" experience.

Demonslayer

First I'd like to add that my thought on Life is that it is much more than the polar concepts we know as life and death and that this Life is not bound by "time" and there is no afterlife, we are all ready there, we just have to evolve. Do I believe in eternity? I think that the "I am" is the creator and I, a little "I am" if you will, am its creation and will exists as the "I am" sustains itself. To and for me, to experience oneness with the "I am" seems to be the only way to insure one gets the most out of the "Life" experience.

latest

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
but do you retain....'you'
Even now I am not 'I', I am Brahman what constitutes the whole universe. 'I' is only an illusion. I am past that. I constitute all 'I's. "Sarvam khalu idam Brahma' (All this here is Brahman). 'Tat twam asi' (That is what you too are).

Last edited:

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
Easy for you to say, old one with wisdom all around !
But all that netherworld stuff, is beyond me.
I can see the attachment of the invisible bonds,
those feelings of attachment to higher orders,
but I agree, "I know I am not "I" or "i",
and 'I' won't ever achieve those heights.
Whatever is out there, in Brahmanland,
has been there for a long, long time.
~
Maybe I'll open a beer and think of it for a while.
~
'mud

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
I believe in Heaven & Hell

If you fill yourself with kind & compassionate thoughts that is Heaven. Do the opposite and you will experience the opposite.

I don't ALWAYS remember to practice! :)

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Almost forgot!

There is a site called afterlife knowledge that people might find interesting ...

Here's a quick sample -

Bruce Moen is a lot like you. He's never had a near-death experience, nor does he claim any special psychic gift or ability. Yet, he's learned to do some special things. He has freed "lost souls" from their isolated, sometimes terrifying post-death existence; helped them regain free will choice over their own destiny; brought comfort to those left behind when a loved one dies; moved earthbound ghosts to their place in the Afterlife; verifiably explored nonphysical human consciousness and other realities.

Afterlife exploration has profoundly changed his life. It's taught him what Love is and shown him the purpose of his life. Through this website, his books and tapes, and his workshops, Bruce is sharing a continuing journey of discovery that began in 1992 at The Monroe Institute. It was there he first learned to explore the Afterlife during Lifeline, a program developed by noted out-of-body traveler and author, Robert A. Monroe.

Cheers!

Milton Platt

I believe in a Heaven which is comprised of three distinct "degrees of glory" and that based upon our faithfulness and worthiness, we (i.e. almost all who have ever lived) will be resurrected to spend eternity in one of them. I believe that only those who willfully reject God will be separated from Him forever -- not in the typical Christian version of Hell (as a place of fiery torment) but in a place of the absolute absence of His glory.

What about those who simple recognize the lack of evidence for his existence and waited for the evidence to show up?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
"tampering" only slows the process.
you mean the process....where 'you' escape your body

if 'you' don't leave the body....
'you' slip into the insanity of total isolation and darkness

eternal darkness is not a philosophical idea

it's real

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Almost forgot!

There is a site called afterlife knowledge that people might find interesting ...

Here's a quick sample -

Bruce Moen is a lot like you. He's never had a near-death experience, nor does he claim any special psychic gift or ability. Yet, he's learned to do some special things. He has freed "lost souls" from their isolated, sometimes terrifying post-death existence; helped them regain free will choice over their own destiny; brought comfort to those left behind when a loved one dies; moved earthbound ghosts to their place in the Afterlife; verifiably explored nonphysical human consciousness and other realities.

Afterlife exploration has profoundly changed his life. It's taught him what Love is and shown him the purpose of his life. Through this website, his books and tapes, and his workshops, Bruce is sharing a continuing journey of discovery that began in 1992 at The Monroe Institute. It was there he first learned to explore the Afterlife during Lifeline, a program developed by noted out-of-body traveler and author, Robert A. Monroe.

Cheers!
Edgar Cayce rings a bell

Tmac

Even now I am not 'I', I am Brahman what constitutes the whole universe. 'I' is only an illusion. I am past that. I constitute all 'I's. "Sarvam khalu idam Brahma' (All this here is Brahman). 'Tat twam asi' (That is what you too are).
An illusion does not mean it does not exist but that it isn't what it seems to be. True God (in your case Brahman) is all there is, yet it allows me to believe "I" exits and to feel this existence and I get to celebrate both.

The Scriptural doctrine is that man lies unconscious in the grave as these scriptures show:
"The living know that they shall die: but the dead know not anything." "Their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion forever in anything that is done under the sun." "There is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest." Ecclesiastes 9:5, 6, 10. "His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth; in that very day his thoughts perish." Psalm 146:4.
There is a day when Jesus will call the dead from their graves and recompense them according to the deeds done in the body,
"For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad." 2 Corinthians 5:10