• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your beliefs of Afterlife?

Jabar

“Strive always to excel in virtue and truth.”
I wanna learn about other faiths/beliefs afterlife.

• I myself believe in the concept of Heaven and Hell as the afterlife.

• In the Grave, we are questioned by Angels about our beliefs.

:)

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I wanna learn about other faiths/beliefs afterlife.

• I myself believe in the concept of Heaven and Hell as the afterlife.

• In the Grave, we are questioned by Angels about our beliefs.

I guess I'll go first. First, why the caps?

Second, I do believe in a afterlife. I believe our souls (the souls of all living) stay on earth to help our loved ones and to those here who call on their souls for support. I am an animist, so there really is not life after this. We are all souls. We are alive by our spirits. We interpret this through our minds. We experience it in our hearts. Everything is held together and felt by our flesh or body.

When we die, the spirit/life leaves our bodies and minds.
Our bodies and minds decease.
Our Souls stay on earth in all things and beings alive today.

No heaven or hell.

I believe what the Bible says at:

Psalm 146:4 - "His spirit goes out, he returns to the ground; On that very day his thoughts perish"

Ecclesiastes 9:5 - "For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing at all...."

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
I believe in a Heaven which is comprised of three distinct "degrees of glory" and that based upon our faithfulness and worthiness, we (i.e. almost all who have ever lived) will be resurrected to spend eternity in one of them. I believe that only those who willfully reject God will be separated from Him forever -- not in the typical Christian version of Hell (as a place of fiery torment) but in a place of the absolute absence of His glory.

Shak34

I believe in a Heaven which is comprised of three distinct "degrees of glory" and that based upon our faithfulness and worthiness, we (i.e. almost all who have ever lived) will be resurrected to spend eternity in one of them. I believe that only those who willfully reject God will be separated from Him forever -- not in the typical Christian version of Hell (as a place of fiery torment) but in a place of the absolute absence of His glory.
I don't know much about LDS. Where does this belief come from? Is it biblical, handed down, or elsewhere?

vaguelyhumanoid

I am curious what "willfully reject" means in this context. Is it blasphemers? Apostates?

Tarheeler

Argumentative Curmudgeon
Premium Member
I believe that you won't know until you die. What matters is the now, so be happy and good to others.

Yeah, that's my general stance as well.

Your beliefs of afterlife.
I don't believe in eternal punishment, and I don't believe in a heaven like often described.

I do believe in divine punishment, and i do believe in divine reward.
I also believe that we won't know what that entails until we die.

Jabar

Interesting.

Jabar

Yeah, that's my general stance as well.

I don't believe in eternal punishment, and I don't believe in a heaven like often described.

I do believe in divine punishment, and i do believe in divine reward.
I also believe that we won't know what that entails until we die.
So, there is not a specific reward or punishment you think of it as?

Only until he/she gets there?

Jabar

I guess I'll go first. First, why the caps?

Second, I do believe in a afterlife. I believe our souls (the souls of all living) stay on earth to help our loved ones and to those here who call on their souls for support. I am an animist, so there really is not life after this. We are all souls. We are alive by our spirits. We interpret this through our minds. We experience it in our hearts. Everything is held together and felt by our flesh or body.

When we die, the spirit/life leaves our bodies and minds.
Our bodies and minds decease.
Our Souls stay on earth in all things and beings alive today.

No heaven or hell.
Sounds cool, haha.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

:eek: Wha...how we live determines how we will be after death. For example, you have some practices (I'm taking up) that heal unsettled spirits because they did left in a hurt state. We live mindfully so we leave in a peaceful state, type of thing.

Why do religions focus on the future?

Neo Deist

Th.D. & D.Div. h.c.
My belief in the afterlife is that if there is one (paradise), hopefully living a moral life will grant me passage to it.

Anything beyond that is human speculation because we can't prove what happens after death.

Jabar

:eek: Wha...how we live determines how we will be after death. For example, you have some practices (I'm taking up) that heal unsettled spirits because they did left in a hurt state. We live mindfully so we leave in a peaceful state, type of thing.

Why do religions focus on the future?
Yes, but this life is merely a test, the afterlife is the real life.

Jabar

My belief in the afterlife is that if there is one (paradise), hopefully living a moral life will grant me passage to it.

Anything beyond that is human speculation because we can't prove what happens after death.
I see.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
I am curious what "willfully reject" means in this context. Is it blasphemers? Apostates?
The best explanation I've heard is one that says that if you are standing under a cloudless sky where the sun is shining brightly and you insist that you're standing in a torrent of rain instead, you'd be "willfully rejecting" a truth that had been positively shown to you. Mormonism sees this kind of "willful rejection" as not likely to happen very often. If I were answering the same question coming from a Christian, I would probably say that had Peter and the others who witnessed Jesus' transfiguration later denied that it ever happened, they'd probably qualify as having "willfully rejected" the truth of who He was. We believe that this is the only sin that cannot and will not be forgiven. All others can be.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I don't believe in an afterlife. There is some controvery about what exactly are the Buddhist views on the matter, but IMO that is mostly moot, given the non-personal core concepts of the religion.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
I don't know much about LDS. Where does this belief come from? Is it biblical, handed down, or elsewhere?
The Bible alludes to it (in 1 Corinthians 15 and elsewhere) but we believe the details about it have been given in modern revelation.