• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You Cannot Know Christ.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
I

If you have Christ's Mind, then you will thoroughly understand all of Scripture, including Prophecy.

So tell me, where does the Temple Worship take place as narrated by Ezekiel? Step up with the Mind of Christ.
LOL apparently you equate the Mind of Christ with knowledge... which are not the same.

But, since it appears that you are saying that you do have all knowledge, why don't you enlighten me about the Temple Worship.

Kenny

Premium Member
Do you obey "all of Scripture?"

Lol. Be brave, and answer with the facts, not with your hopes and feelings.
It isn't by works, but by grace through faith... it is a gift of God. Those who understand scripture and know Jesus Christ, his blood continuously washes away our sins so that he can present us faultles before God with joy.

Therefore, your question is irrelevant.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Have you

Indeed. Lazy, unproductive, self centered, drug abusing, thieving and foolish people easily end up homeless. If homelessness is such a good idea, what is stopping you?

I am sure they will like you, and your chatty one liners. Lol.

Jeremiah 31:34
“People will no longer need to teach their neighbors and relatives to know me. For all of them, from the least important to the most important, will know me,” says the Lord. “For I will forgive their sin and will no longer call to mind the wrong they have done.”

"He who knows himself knows God,"[1] and, as it is Written in the Koran

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I

If you have Christ's Mind, then you will thoroughly understand all of Scripture, including Prophecy.

So tell me, where does the Temple Worship take place as narrated by Ezekiel? Step up with the Mind of Christ.

20 Now at one point the Pharisees asked Jesus when the kingdom of God was coming, so he answered, “The kingdom of God is not coming with signs to be observed, 21 nor will they say, ‘Look, here it is!’ or ‘There!’ For indeed, the kingdom of God is in your midst.

it isn't elsewhere.

you got a bone to pick with me?

23 Then if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ!’ or ‘There he is!’ do not believe him. 24 For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. 25 Remember, I have told you ahead of time. 26 So then, if someone says to you, ‘Look, he is in the wilderness,’ do not go out, or ‘Look, he is in the inner rooms,’ do not believe him. 27 For just like the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so the coming of the Son of Man will be. 28 Wherever the corpse is, there the vultures will gather.

Last edited:

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I can't tell when your beliefs are, but find it extremely interesting that I, as an atheist, have made some of these same points myself. Truly loving your neighbor as yourself is simply too tall an order, and is completely counterproductive.
as an atheist you don't adhere to humanism?

Muffled

Jesus in me
I believe He has a sense of humor and that does not show up in scripture. However my feeling is that Jesus is not much different in person than He is in the Bible.

Muffled

Jesus in me
They say we "know we know" him when we keep his commandments. You might know something but there is always more to know....So when you "love your neighbor as yourself" you learn something about Jesus.

I believe we use knowing someone as a way of saying we are fmailiar with them. I know my daughter but I guarantee I only know what she is willing to reveal. It is the same with God. You will know what He is willing to reveal about Himself.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I know He lives in me...
I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. Galatians 2;20

A main point of the gospel message, which you did address, is that no one can by their own ability keep all God's commandments or love as Jesus loved...therefore every person needs a SAVIOR, who is Jesus Christ the Lord.

Then the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid, for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy which will be to all people. For there is born to you this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord. Luke 2:11-12

I had a fellow Christian point out that even though I have a savior I still am not perfect but it is only through the blood ofJesus that perfection is attributed to me. So although I am not sinless I do sin less.

... But, in fact, no person can love all of their neighbors as they love themself. Or even any one of their neighbors....

Please explain how do you know that?

I rather believe what Jesus said.

All things have been delivered to me by my Father. No one knows the Son, except the Father; neither does anyone know the Father, except the Son, and he to whom the Son desires to reveal him.

Matt.11:27

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
1 John 2:3, "Hereby do we know that we know him [Christ], if we keep His commandments."

No person today can keep the Commandments of Christ. The best they can come up with is meekly to state to follow His Commands they "try their best." But, Jesus never even used the word "try." He never said it. That is because either a person does follow His Commandments, or they do not follow them. There is no compromise.

From 1 John 2:3 conveniently cited above just in case someone does not quite feel like looking it up, as if now in 2017 it takes too much time and effort to do so, we clearly can see the only means by which an individual can know Jesus. However, that principle now becomes a problem. No person can obey all of Jesus' Commandments. We know this because no person can even recite from memory all of His Commandments.

Yes, some people try to say there are only two Commandments really given by Jesus, The First and The Second. But, in fact, no person can love all of their neighbors as they love themself. Or even any one of their neighbors. As well, no person can love other Christians as Jesus loves them, according to His New Command in John 13:34. Nobody can literally replicate Jesus' Love.

Since none of the statements above can be refuted, we can for certain now be certain nobody knows Jesus. Only a very few superficial things from Scripture can be known about Him. If you are still trying to disagree, then answer this question:

"What Do You Know Of Jesus Beyond What Is Disclosed In Scripture About Him?"

If nobody knows Jesus, then nobody can dispute the gospels. The gospel could be right or they could be wrong and nobody would know.

The gospels could be completely wrong about Jesus.

Harrison

I am Pretty sure they weren't navigating nature by book. Soooooo, if they werent navigating nature by any book I would recommend trying that. I know unsettling and certainly not modern.
Can you try to state who was ... "navigating nature...?" Perhaps you should start your own Thread on that idea. Did you need help doing that ... ?

Harrison

Please explain how do you know that?

I rather believe what Jesus said.

All things have been delivered to me by my Father. No one knows the Son, except the Father; neither does anyone know the Father, except the Son, and he to whom the Son desires to reveal him.

Matt.11:27
We can know it is not possible for any Christian to "Love their neighbor as themself" because they are never observed doing so.

Do you love all of your neighbors as yourself? Do you pay their rent, mortgage, utilities, insurance, transportation costs, clothing costs, food bill, entertainment costs, travel costs, retirement funding, furniture needs, grooming expenses, pet maintenance, home maintenance, any legal fees, medical costs?

Just answer with facts. Otherwise, go chat with your friends over coffee. Okay?

Harrison

It isn't by works, but by grace through faith... it is a gift of God. Those who understand scripture and know Jesus Christ, his blood continuously washes away our sins so that he can present us faultles before God with joy.

Therefore, your question is irrelevant.
Jesus never spoke the word or concept of "grace." Your reference to that is irrelevant, unless you know more than Christ.

Harrison

If nobody knows Jesus, then nobody can dispute the gospels. The gospel could be right or they could be wrong and nobody would know.

The gospels could be completely wrong about Jesus.
Keep using circular reasoning for the rest of your life. It suits your level.

David T

Premium Member
Can you try to state who was ... "navigating nature...?" Perhaps you should start your own Thread on that idea. Did you need help doing that ... ?
Well since you are living in fantasy lala la I thought I might try and mention jesus is not about living in fantasy lala land. Now I know you believe he is all about fantasy lala land how you fantasise it but sorry he isn't.

Harrison

Well since you are living in fantasy lala la I thought I might try and mention jesus is not about living in fantasy lala land. Now I know you believe he is all about fantasy lala land how you fantasise it but sorry he isn't.
If you do not know who was "navigating nature," just say so. If you cannot remember, just admit it. Is that so difficult?

Kenny

Premium Member
Jesus never spoke the word or concept of "grace." Your reference to that is irrelevant, unless you know more than Christ.
I disagree. It's demonstrated everywhere both in word and in deed.

Matthew 20:28
Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Matthew 11:5
The blind receive their sight, and the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, and the poor have the gospel preached to them.