• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You Cannot Know Christ.

Harrison

1 John 2:3, "Hereby do we know that we know him [Christ], if we keep His commandments."

No person today can keep the Commandments of Christ. The best they can come up with is meekly to state to follow His Commands they "try their best." But, Jesus never even used the word "try." He never said it. That is because either a person does follow His Commandments, or they do not follow them. There is no compromise.

From 1 John 2:3 conveniently cited above just in case someone does not quite feel like looking it up, as if now in 2017 it takes too much time and effort to do so, we clearly can see the only means by which an individual can know Jesus. However, that principle now becomes a problem. No person can obey all of Jesus' Commandments. We know this because no person can even recite from memory all of His Commandments.

Yes, some people try to say there are only two Commandments really given by Jesus, The First and The Second. But, in fact, no person can love all of their neighbors as they love themself. Or even any one of their neighbors. As well, no person can love other Christians as Jesus loves them, according to His New Command in John 13:34. Nobody can literally replicate Jesus' Love.

Since none of the statements above can be refuted, we can for certain now be certain nobody knows Jesus. Only a very few superficial things from Scripture can be known about Him. If you are still trying to disagree, then answer this question:

"What Do You Know Of Jesus Beyond What Is Disclosed In Scripture About Him?"

Kemosloby

Premium Member
1 John 2:3, "Hereby do we know that we know him [Christ], if we keep His commandments."

No person today can keep the Commandments of Christ. The best they can come up with is meekly to state to follow His Commands they "try their best." But, Jesus never even used the word "try." He never said it. That is because either a person does follow His Commandments, or they do not follow them. There is no compromise.

From 1 John 2:3 conveniently cited above just in case someone does not quite feel like looking it up, as if now in 2017 it takes too much time and effort to do so, we clearly can see the only means by which an individual can know Jesus. However, that principle now becomes a problem. No person can obey all of Jesus' Commandments. We know this because no person can even recite from memory all of His Commandments.

Yes, some people try to say there are only two Commandments really given by Jesus, The First and The Second. But, in fact, no person can love all of their neighbors as they love themself. Or even any one of their neighbors. As well, no person can love other Christians as Jesus loves them, according to His New Command in John 13:34. Nobody can literally replicate Jesus' Love.

Since none of the statements above can be refuted, we can for certain now be certain nobody knows Jesus. Only a very few superficial things from Scripture can be known about Him. If you are still trying to disagree, then answer this question:

They say we "know we know" him when we keep his commandments. You might know something but there is always more to know....So when you "love your neighbor as yourself" you learn something about Jesus.

InChrist

Free4ever

I know He lives in me...
I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. Galatians 2;20

A main point of the gospel message, which you did address, is that no one can by their own ability keep all God's commandments or love as Jesus loved...therefore every person needs a SAVIOR, who is Jesus Christ the Lord.

Then the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid, for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy which will be to all people. For there is born to you this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord. Luke 2:11-12

Harrison

They say we "know we know" him when we keep his commandments. You might know something but there is always more to know....So when you "love your neighbor as yourself" you learn something about Jesus.
Tell us how you have ever loved one of your neighbors as yourself.

Rent paid? Insurance paid? All food paid? Clothes? Vacation? Prescriptions? Transportation? Travel? Entertainment? Retirement? Laundry done? Yard fixed up? Well...?

Harrison

I know He lives in me...
I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. Galatians 2;20

A main point of the gospel message, which you did address, is that no one can by their own ability keep all God's commandments or love as Jesus loved...therefore every person needs a SAVIOR, who is Jesus Christ the Lord.

Then the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid, for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy which will be to all people. For there is born to you this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord. Luke 2:11-12
You cannot keep Christ's Commandments even by God's ability or conferred Wisdom. Correct?

Kemosloby

Premium Member
Tell us how you have ever loved one of your neighbors as yourself.

Rent paid? Insurance paid? All food paid? Clothes? Vacation? Prescriptions? Transportation? Travel? Entertainment? Retirement? Laundry done? Yard fixed up? Well...?

I wouldn't expect anyone to do all that for me. Giving credit where credit is due, and keeping your mouth shut instead of spreading rumors about someone are two good examples.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

Can you avoid commiting a sin for an hour?

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member

And yet, I do know Jesus. Perhaps 1 John 4:7&8 He that loveth another knows God and Jesus.

Harrison

I wouldn't expect anyone to do all that for me. Giving credit where credit is due, and keeping your mouth shut instead of spreading rumors about someone are two good examples.
Yes, your answer speaks for itself. Rather than discuss the Words of Jesus given by John, the first word from you here is "I."

Lol. Do you disagree with John and Jesus?

Harrison

Can you avoid commiting a sin for an hour?
Commission of sin is not the topic here. The topic here is the inability for anyone to know Christ because His Commandments cannot be followed.

Do you need more help staying focused? Doing so is simple for me, since I am ministering God's Word to you from The Bible. God's Word is more powerful than any of your attempted diversions. Agree?

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Tell us what you know about Jesus other than what is revealed in The Bible. Did you forget I already mentioned that?

Of course, the Bible covers the person of Jesus pretty well. What part do you think the scriptures don't cover?

Harrison

Of course, the Bible covers the person of Jesus pretty well. What part do you think the scriptures don't cover?
Your "of course" is presumed. Are you actually confident all of Christ was revealed?

If you know Christ, then you will know His Mind and Heart. If so, then you will be both duplicating and exceding His Works as He said in John 14:12 His "believers" would do. And, you will be comprehending Scripture as did He.

So, are these two things true of You? Yes? No?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Commission of sin is not the topic here. The topic here is the inability for anyone to know Christ because His Commandments cannot be followed.

Do you need more help staying focused? Doing so is simple for me, since I am ministering God's Word to you from The Bible. God's Word is more powerful than any of your attempted diversions. Agree?

No sarcasm. Attempted diversions? Does the bible teach you to belittle and insult people or ask for clarification or genuine correction if something was off on the first reply at that?

His commandments can be followed by people if they truly followed christ.

Many christians feel they are unable to follow all of god's commandments thereby, they feel it's impossible to know god. They would know christ if they believed they can follow his commandments.

Edit

This is what I was replying to. Yes, people can keep the commandments of christ. I don't see why not. Can they keep the commandments for an hour? Two hours? As my above comment, why would they feel they can't if christ is with them?