• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You Cannot Know Christ.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Ok, so when Christ Jesus comes in his second coming and he has a sword and fire in his eyes, and he comes with the wrath of God, it doesn't look like he's coming with Love.

Of a matter of fact, People are calling for rocks and the Mountain's to cover them, to hide themselves from the wrath of God.
Revelation 6:16.

It doesn't look like God is coming with Love here

Love is the key, the key of david, the key to wisdom, the key to the kingdom.

Love is the yoke that binds two bodies together as being of one mind

Our Love is the consuming Spirit. Love is the embers of the fire kindled. it is prometheus personified.

the awe of Love is the beginning of wisdom

Faithofchristian

Our Love is the consuming Spirit. Love is the embers of the fire kindled. it is prometheus personified.

Can you give as to where, what you say the key of David as being the key of wisdom.

Because last i knew. The key of David is knowing the Generations from David to Christ.

Faithofchristian

He was not Hebrew you have to read the scriptures right read chapter 13 he is an descendant of the Chaldean

So your saying that God is lieing in
Genesis 14:13. That is what your saying.

No wonder Christ Jesus talks about you Christians, you can't get nothing right, Always twisting God's word into what you want it to.
God plainly said in Genesis 14:13 Abraham the Hebrew.
But yet you go about twisting what God has said.
How do you do this, and still call yourself a Christian.

Faithofchristian

Abraham was Chaldean or something from Ur.

Yeah, But Abraham is still a Hebrew.
Genesis 14:13.
Just because Abraham came from another country, does not change who he is.

Just because a native Indian, goes to another country, they are still a native Indian. It does not change to who they are.

The same with Abraham, just because he's from another country, does not change, who he is.
Therefore Abraham is a Hebrew. Genesis 14:13

Last edited:

Kelly of the Phoenix

From wikipedia:

Hebrews (Hebrew: עברים or עבריים, Tiberian ʿIḇrîm, ʿIḇriyyîm; Modern Hebrew ʿIvrim, ʿIvriyyim; ISO 259-3 ʕibrim, ʕibriyim) is a term appearing 34 times within 32 verses[1][2][3] of the Hebrew Bible. While the term was not an ethnonym,[4][5] it is mostly taken as synonymous with the Semitic-speaking Israelites, especially in the pre-monarchic period when they were still nomadic, but in some instances it may also be used in a wider sense, referring to the Phoenicians, or to other ancient groups, such as the group known as Shasu of Yhw on the eve of the Bronze Age collapse.[6]
It was not an ethnic label until later on. It only was a word for nomad, which would include lots of different types of people.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Can you give as to where, what you say the key of David as being the key of wisdom.

Because last i knew. The key of David is knowing the Generations from David to Christ.

a key is something used for opening or locking up something else.

the thing laid upon the shoulder is again a yoke, a union. the governing, shepherding is based again on love. the sheep follows the shepherds voice. the shepherd will lay down his life for the sheep.

love opens door that no body can shut and locks doors that no one can force open. love cannot be forced.

love is the key to wisdom. the pharisees had did what was expected out of rote mimicking but not from compassion and understanding, without love.

Luke 11:52
“Woe to you experts in the law, because you have taken away the key to knowledge. You yourselves have not entered, and you have hindered those who were entering.”

A Vestigial Mote

i'm not addressing a posters diatribe when they have obviously ignored the gist of the idea. there are no differences to be made between neighbor and other as self, or other as self and neighbor

when we wish to be treated by someone in a way, then we expect to be treated by that someone in that way; whether giving, or receiving.

the action doesn't flow in only one direction, nor would any rational person expect it to. that isn't logical.
Sure... BOTH people loving one another as they love themselves would see them doing and offering to do ALL SORTS of things with and for one another that would not, at all, seem "normal" by today's standards. And I argue that the amount of time spent loving as many others this way as possible would come with negative consequences. Like over-consumption of resources, even MORE population increase, and most probably neglect of other parts of "self" that aren't necessarily apparent, that are being taken care of in day-to-day functioning that doesn't include ALWAYS being around "a buddy."

You at least have to face that you love yourself enough to be around yourself ALL THE TIME. Can you say that you are prepared to love your neighbors enough to make that same sort of investment with them? If not, then where is it safe to draw the line on the literal expression of love to neighbors and rest assured that you are still following the command?

To my mind you're the one missing pieces here. You've allowed your pie-in-the-sky ideals to cloud your ability to take the statement to what I feel is its true logical implication.

Last edited:

InChrist

Free4ever
Only a sadistic god would give commandments no-one could follow for 2,000 years. G-d is not that cruel. The 613 mitzvot are perfectly doable.
I think the problem is you don't comprehend the vast difference between the Being of God the Creator and the created human being. There is no way a created being could ever live up to the perfection and holiness of God, simply because created being are not GOD. I believe it is shortsighted to think the 613 mitzvot are doable or you are under the impression that God is pleased simply with superficial obedience rather than a transformed heart.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I think the problem is you don't comprehend the vast difference between the Being of God the Creator and the created human being. There is no way a created being could ever live up to the perfection and holiness of God, simply because created being are not GOD. I believe it is shortsighted to think the 613 mitzvot are doable or you are under the impression that God is pleased simply with superficial obedience rather than a transformed heart.
You have very little understanding of Judaism if you think this.

Muffled

Jesus in me
If nobody knows Jesus, then nobody can dispute the gospels. The gospel could be right or they could be wrong and nobody would know.

The gospels could be completely wrong about Jesus.

I believe I know Jesus and He affirms the whole Bible.

Muffled

Jesus in me
We can know it is not possible for any Christian to "Love their neighbor as themself" because they are never observed doing so.

Do you love all of your neighbors as yourself? Do you pay their rent, mortgage, utilities, insurance, transportation costs, clothing costs, food bill, entertainment costs, travel costs, retirement funding, furniture needs, grooming expenses, pet maintenance, home maintenance, any legal fees, medical costs?

Just answer with facts. Otherwise, go chat with your friends over coffee. Okay?

I believe I would not love myself if I did that. Or did you forget that part?

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
I believe I know Jesus and He affirms the whole Bible.

I used to believe the same. And "Jesus" told me that Christianity was completely wrong about the Bible.

I used to pray and receive what I felt was inspired understanding about the Bible. It all seemed real and life changing.

So my question is why should I accept someone else's supposedly inspired understanding of the Bible over my own. Or why should someone else accept mine.

I see Christians often going about with their certain knowledge of God telling other folks the true understanding. Which for the most part, all seemed wrong to me.

I'd think Jesus would provide a message of some consistency to Christians. However this does not seem to be the case for Christians with their Jesus given knowledge of God and the Bible.

There seems, in my experience, as many interpretations on the Bible as there are Christians.

Even if you feel there exists some consistency among Christian, still I've been "given" my own understanding. So shouldn't I stick to it, at least as much as you feel you need to stay with your "knowledge" of God?

DennisTate

1 John 2:3, "Hereby do we know that we know him [Christ], if we keep His commandments."

No person today can keep the Commandments of Christ. The best they can come up with is meekly to state to follow His Commands they "try their best." But, Jesus never even used the word "try." He never said it. That is because either a person does follow His Commandments, or they do not follow them. There is no compromise.

From 1 John 2:3 conveniently cited above just in case someone does not quite feel like looking it up, as if now in 2017 it takes too much time and effort to do so, we clearly can see the only means by which an individual can know Jesus. However, that principle now becomes a problem. No person can obey all of Jesus' Commandments. We know this because no person can even recite from memory all of His Commandments.

Yes, some people try to say there are only two Commandments really given by Jesus, The First and The Second. But, in fact, no person can love all of their neighbors as they love themself. Or even any one of their neighbors. As well, no person can love other Christians as Jesus loves them, according to His New Command in John 13:34. Nobody can literally replicate Jesus' Love.

Since none of the statements above can be refuted, we can for certain now be certain nobody knows Jesus. Only a very few superficial things from Scripture can be known about Him. If you are still trying to disagree, then answer this question:

"What Do You Know Of Jesus Beyond What Is Disclosed In Scripture About Him?"

I believe that having a brush with death can so transform
the way that we think that these near death experiencers become
amazing examples of people who become driven to love others
24/7/365...... yes.... even they will have their bad days but.... .NDE's
shift our thinking to something pretty close to what Messiah Yeshua - Jesus commanded.

The Life Review part of the NDE seems to play a huge role in the later transformation......

Reverend Howard Storm's Near-Death Experience

Next, they wanted to talk about my life. To my surprise my life played out before me, maybe six or eight feet in front of me, from beginning to end.

The life review was very much in their control, and they showed me my life, but not from my point of view. I saw me in my life and this whole thing was a lesson, even though I didn't know it at the time. They were trying to teach me something, but I didn't know it was a teaching experience, because I didn't know that I would be coming back. We just watched my life from beginning to the end. Some things they slowed down on, and zoomed in on and other things they went right through.

My life was shown in a way that I had never thought of before. All of the things that I had worked to achieve, the recognition that I had worked for, in elementary school, in high school, in college, and in my career, they meant nothing in this setting.

I could feel their feelings of sorrow and suffering, or joy, as my life's review unfolded. They didn't say that something was bad or good, but I could feel it. And I could sense all those things they were indifferent to. They didn't, for example, look down on my high school shot-put record. They just didn't feel anything towards it, nor towards other things which I had taken so much pride in.

What they responded to was how I had interacted with other people. That was the long and short of it. Unfortunately, most of my interactions with other people didn't measure up with how I should have interacted, which was in a loving way. Whenever I did react during my life in a loving way they rejoiced.

Most of the time I found that my interactions with other people had been manipulative. During my professional career, for example, I saw myself sitting in my office, playing the college professor, while a student came to me with a personal problem. I sat there looking compassionate, and patient, and loving, while inside I was bored to death. I would check my watch under my desk as I anxiously waited for the student to finish.

I got to go through all those kinds of experiences in the company of these magnificent beings.

When I was a teenager my father's career put him into a high-stress, twelve-hour-a-day job. Out of my resentment because of his neglect of me, when he came home from work, I would be cold and indifferent toward him. This made him angry, and it gave me further excuse to feel hatred toward him. He and I fought, and my mother would get upset. Most of my life I had felt that my father was the villain and I was the victim. When we reviewed my life I got to see how I had precipitated so much of that, myself. Instead of greeting him happily at the end of a day, I was continually putting thorns in him in order to justify my hurt.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Why don't you explain to me your understanding of Judaism and how it impacts your life, if you care to?
It's not difficult. The 613 mitzvot are entirely doable, the Charedim do them every day, and there's no lack of spirituality either. I recommend you look into the Breslover or Chabad sects.

Faithofchristian

If to what you say, That the key of David, Is the key to wisdom, the key to the kingdom, Can you give the book and Chapter and Verse's as to where this is Written in the bible?

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
1 John 2:3, "Hereby do we know that we know him [Christ], if we keep His commandments."

No person today can keep the Commandments of Christ. The best they can come up with is meekly to state to follow His Commands they "try their best." But, Jesus never even used the word "try." He never said it. That is because either a person does follow His Commandments, or they do not follow them. There is no compromise.

From 1 John 2:3 conveniently cited above just in case someone does not quite feel like looking it up, as if now in 2017 it takes too much time and effort to do so, we clearly can see the only means by which an individual can know Jesus. However, that principle now becomes a problem. No person can obey all of Jesus' Commandments. We know this because no person can even recite from memory all of His Commandments.

Yes, some people try to say there are only two Commandments really given by Jesus, The First and The Second. But, in fact, no person can love all of their neighbors as they love themself. Or even any one of their neighbors. As well, no person can love other Christians as Jesus loves them, according to His New Command in John 13:34. Nobody can literally replicate Jesus' Love.

Since none of the statements above can be refuted, we can for certain now be certain nobody knows Jesus. Only a very few superficial things from Scripture can be known about Him. If you are still trying to disagree, then answer this question:

"What Do You Know Of Jesus Beyond What Is Disclosed In Scripture About Him?"
I'm glad I didnt read this post before I came to know God. I didn't know I wasn't supposed to.