• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Would you date a fat chick?

nutshell

All I can say is that my girlfriend is rock hard [maybe limestone] in the abdominal area and I don't think anything flimsier, be it a factor of too much weight or too little, could turn me on as much. :p

But that has no bearing on dating. ;)

Have you ever found the size of the girl to interfere with your use of a lightsabre?

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Ðanisty;892338 said:
Ditto. Most of the guys I've dated were very thin.
Would you be attracted to guys who looked like Chris Farley or John Goodman?

I have would have had no problem with guys who are a bit chubby....but my idea of fat is really large like the two I just mentioned.

Nanda

Polyanna
Would you be attracted to guys who looked like Chris Farley or John Goodman?

I have would have had no problem with guys who are a bit chubby....but my idea of fat is really large like the two I just mentioned.

Though my preferred type is usually rail thin, like I mentioned, not only would I date a guy like that, I married a guy like that. I even had his baby. :eek:

Looks aren't everything.

Though truth be told, while I wasn't attracted to him for a long time, I think he's adorable now.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
A long time ago at work, a few females were talking (I was part of the group, but as usual did not say much). They asking each other if they would date or marry a bald man. They said no way (not me, I said I would, if he were nice). I suddenly became curious and asked them if the man went bald later down the line, would you leave him? One of the young ladies said yes. I was younger and still mean and told her I thought that was shallow. ;) Sometimes I wonder if I said the wrong thing.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Looks aren't everything.
Of course I heartily agree. However, there has to be some sort of physical attraction for a relationship to last because as the years go by the sexual chemistry definitely diminishes some. Love might become stronger but body familiarity breeds lackluster desire of sorts.

Blindinglight

Disciple of Chaos
It depends. IMO, weight says alot about a persons personality. Anorexic and the grossly over weight, in my eyes, says the person really doesn't care much about there body. When you can see your bones or wear pants big enough to fit two, three, or more people in, you have some serious problems.

But, alittle extra weight I do not mind.

Nanda

Polyanna
It depends. IMO, weight says alot about a persons personality. Anorexic and the grossly over weight, in my eyes, says the person really doesn't care much about there body. When you can see your bones or wear pants big enough to fit two, three, or more people in, you have some serious problems.

I would argue that anorexics care too much about their body, or at least, how their body is perceived; That's just the problem.

As for the overweight, you're not taking into account people who are heavy because of genetics, or *gasp* fat people who might actually like their bodies. If I'm a size 24, I exercise and I think I look beautiful, can you honestly say that I don't care about my body?

Nanda

Polyanna
Of course I heartily agree. However, there has to be some sort of physical attraction for a relationship to last because as the years go by the sexual chemistry definitely diminishes some. Love might become stronger but body familiarity breeds lackluster desire of sorts.

But like I said, if you love a person, they can become attractive to you. This was the case with my husband, and we've been together for 12 years now.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
But like I said, if you love a person, they can become attractive to you. This was the case with my husband, and we've been together for 12 years now.
Right, but you made mention that you weren't physically attracted to him for a long time, probably not until you fell in love with him, correct? In that case, love was the catalyst so the physical attraction was delayed. I get it and I've been there. It really doesn't matter when the physical attraction takes place as long as it happens.

From my own experiences I can say that I wasn't physically attracted much at all to my first husband but fell in love enough to marry him. Now, that I'm remarried and very happy, I can look back and say there wasn't enough attraction or strong feelings of love for that relationship to last. Live and learn.