• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Would you date a fat chick?

Nanda

Polyanna
One of my co-workers has lost a lot of weight over the last six months or so; she went from a size 18 to a size 10, and she likes getting compliments about the difference.

But her husband says he liked her better as a size 18. ;)

But think about it; the chances of her keeping it off permenantly are pretty slim (har har). If she starts gaining it all back, should those same people start admonishing her? The compliments equate thin with good and fat with bad, and as such, leave a bad taste in my mouth.

(And her husband has good taste. ;) )

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
I don't think my wife would approve.......... but like Patrick, I believe that beauty is not just skin deep.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Well, since you asked, and purely theoretically, since I am very happily mated, yes. I prefer a more zaftig physical type, it's sexier to me than too straight-up-and-down, which does nothing for me.

As I grow older and wiser, I do find kindness and compassion more sexy than anything else. Happily, my gf combines kindness and looks, so all is light and joy for me.

Ðanisty

Aw, I think I'm that skinny girl everyone here finds disgusting...I'm a 95-pounder with bones poking out everywhere. Let me tell ya, skinny girls have problems finding clothes that fit too: I didn't even get to pick out my prom dress, I just went with the only size 0 they had. :cool:
I don't find you or any thin person disgusting. One of my best friends in high school weighed 97 lbs. and I know she went through hell too. My husband is also very thin, but the Army has managed to put 25 lbs. on him in 4 months. Even so, he went in at 110 lbs. and I was anything but disgusted by him. I have to say, we get strange looks with him being so thin and me being quite overweight, but who cares? We both know that we both struggle with our weight...just in different ways.

I've struggled with my weight since childhood and it's still an emotional (and physical) struggle for me but overall, I am happy with who I am as a person and am often times comfortable in my own skin until I'm reminded of the "society standard" of beauty.
It's always been a struggle for me as well. It's hard to love yourself sometimes, even when you really want to. In theory, I know I'm beautiful the way I am, but it doesn't mean I always get to feel that way.

"You have the most beautiful face. If only you were thinner, we'd be perfect for each other" or "If you could lose fifty pounds, I'd so date you."
I've heard the same thing and it's the worst when it comes from relatives.

I was teased during my school years...labeled the "lesbian fat girl" because I am bi-sexual and fat. :) It's no fun when your sexuality and weight is exploited during a time in your life where you're trying very hard to make it day by day and fit in or at least try to blend in.
I stopped trying. Instead I sought out the "losers" and became friends with them. It turns out that most "losers" are great people.

Trying on clothes is every bit the nightmare today as it was ten years ago and I ABHORE the fact that clothing designers and distributers aren't more flexible when it comes to plus size clothing. I live in an area, the Hampton Roads area of Virginia, where staistically, we've got quite a "plus size" population. I'm not proud of this fact but you'd think...when you've got the supply and demand going on for plus size clothing, you'd be able to find a greater selection of plus size clothing. I've gone to try on clothes and have sat down and cried in the dressing room because MY SIZE is simply NOT my size. It's either two sizes too large and envelopes me like a burlap sack or it's two sizes too small.
Ugh! Ever notice how plus size really only means size 22? If you're more than that, it's like your worse than plus size and have no right to wear decent looking clothes! I also hate that all plus size clothes are cut the same....like just because I'm big I'm supposed to have a fat butt and huge thighs! Well I don't and all my pants are baggy. And they never make the sleeves big enough on plus size shirts...like our arms aren't big also? There should be more variety on this stuff. We're not all fat in the same place. :rolleyes:

It's depressing. I can be in wonderful spirits and then I go shopping and it's like..."Gee, everything sucks."
All I can say is J.C. Penney catalogue...at least then you don't have to deal with it in public.

This is so very true and I find it really sad. A little over six months ago, I was 5'3'' and about 180-185lbs; now I'm 5'3'' and about 140-145lbs. As I lost weight, I noticed how people treated me differently; treated me much more kindly and politely. As if I didn't have enough reasons to be cynical about the human race before I lost weight, I did after. The more weight I lost, the more like a human being I was treated and the more love and respect I was shown by those around me (it made it easier for me to understand how people can develop eating disorders). It was funny how just a few months ago, I was unnoticable (or worse) to most people, but then all of a sudden I was good enough. But that's society.

I see how society's silly and superficial standards rub off on people and I find it depressing. I know a girl who is over-weight, but one of the damn nicest people I know and it's sad that she doesn't realize she is an attractive person just because society tells her she's worthless because she is over-weight. It makes me angry that some stupid societal standard could make someone fail to realize what a beautiful person she is.

But yeah, to answer the OP: Sure, I'd date a "fat chick"--and totally agree, "fat chicks" are the nicest to cuddle with. :D
I've found that the opposite happens too. I've had people actually stop liking me after losing a lot of weight. That's just as shallow and mean as suddenly being my friend.

worshiper

Picker of Nose
hairspray...
can't wait for that movie to be shown in my country
as for the thread ...
its not about being fat or skinny ... its about feeling comfy with each other.

if i were to choose, i'd rather have some huggable extra pounds if u know what i mean. i dont know why but i dont find girls with six packs attractive. but curves are. plus sized wont matter as long as there are curves.

Ciscokid

I don't think my wife would approve.......... but like Patrick, I believe that beauty is not just skin deep.

Very true, I dated this really hot chick one time and was never more turned off by a personality. I'll take flat chested Suzie if she has brains and a personality before I'll take a hot snoozer.

jacquie4000

Beauty is not skin deep as others have said. But I have always been attracted to the athletic type either long lean musles or a little bulky but not to bulky But I have dated a variety from skinny to chubby. But I always go back to my fist pick. That is just the way I like a man I guess.

Myself I am not skinny or fat I am curvy........and athletic But I can never seem to lose that J-lo type butt..........lol

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
I don't know from experience, but I have heard that having a warm bed in the cold of winter and shade in the summer is a definite advantage.

My wife is not large, but if she became large, my feelings for her would not change.

s2a

Heretic and part-time (skinny) Santa impersonator
No, I'm not looking for a date. ;) But I have been to see Hairspray three times this week, it being based off the holy grail of fat chick movies, and it got me thinking. When I was a young girl, there were no fashionable clothing stores, no prom dresses, no options for a big girl like me to feel like a normal kid. Now, there's Torrid, there's BBW dances, there are books and movies and online communities all geared toward plus-sized women; it is, as they say, a brand new day. I have never felt more happy and comfortable in my plus-sized bootie. While the hollywood standard of beauty is still impossibly thin, people in the rest of the country are starting to realize that for most of us, it's just that - impossible - and we're going to have to learn to be happy with ourselves. Fortunately, it's getting easier. What say you?

In my days of actual dating (I've been married for nearly 18 years now), my "dates" encompassed the entire gamut of size, height, race/ethnicity, and hair color. I dated skinny gals, tall gals, short gals, rubenesque gals. Gals that were absolutely flat-chested, and gals with amply astonishing busts. Gals with freckles, glasses, and unabashedly hirsute.

So yeah, I would "date" a "chubby chick"; in fact I married one . She's not "fat", in that she can count rolls on her tummy like a display in a bake shop. But she's definitely got "some "booty", and sports a 38 DD bustline, with cushy curves all about.

I'll admit that I am not physically attracted to overly fat or morbidly obese women, anymore than I am attracted to stick-figure gals that are a few cheeseburgers short of making floor lamp poles look wide.

It's cliché to say, but the primary prevailing characteristics that all (well, nearly all) of my (pre-marriage) "dates" evinced were--intellect/wit, self-confidence/uninhibited, an honest/genuine smile, and a forgiving disposition (spending time with me, that's a "must-have"). Size was never an issue (really...noting the exceptioned caveats above).

But hey...

...De gustibus non est disputandum.

There is always someone out there just for you, and you for them.

Just hope that they're not married, nor of a differing sexual orientation.

Or...a Republican. ;-)

namguy

No, I'm not looking for a date. ;) But I have been to see Hairspray three times this week, it being based off the holy grail of fat chick movies, and it got me thinking. When I was a young girl, there were no fashionable clothing stores, no prom dresses, no options for a big girl like me to feel like a normal kid. Now, there's Torrid, there's BBW dances, there are books and movies and online communities all geared toward plus-sized women; it is, as they say, a brand new day. I have never felt more happy and comfortable in my plus-sized bootie. While the hollywood standard of beauty is still impossibly thin, people in the rest of the country are starting to realize that for most of us, it's just that - impossible - and we're going to have to learn to be happy with ourselves. Fortunately, it's getting easier. What say you?
Hollywood, they're all stuck on these pencil neck women, why, beats me, I fail to see the beauty in just about all of them. Beauty is, as they say only skin deep, never in the 56 years I've been on this earth has that been more true than today. Let's take a look at this Hilton woman...WOW! What a piece of work that 'trim' is! Poped out of thin air and became an icon for jerky women. All these actors and actresses, never heard of the bigger part of them, they have no real talent.

Today one can be dumb as rock, it's the look and that's important, and that's wrong.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
I dated one or two girls in the past who definitely weren't thin, but I think at this point, if I were to date a "fat chick", my wife would have something to say on the matter. :D

Pardus

Proud to be a Sinner.
No i would never date a fat chick, i don't need the pain of my partner dying slowly.

This comes from someone who has a mother that needs 24 hour care because of her self inflicted weight issues, i have more tolerance for junkies.

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
Would you date a fat chick?

No way! :eek: Why?

Because I'm straight and I'm married! :p :D

Okay, okay, if I was a straight man I wouldn't see anything wrong with it. Personality and friendship are so important because physical beauty fades with time...but when you truly love someone they are always beautiful in your eyes.

This reminds me of an episode on the Tyra show. She disguised herself as a fat chick to go on blind dates with guys. Most of them seemed uninterested and were surprised that they got set up with a fat girl. The guys were so shocked when Tyra eventually revealed her true identity. They probably wanted to kick themselves! It just goes to show that people place so much emphasis on external appearances and by doing so, they fail the realize a person's true beauty.

BTW, lots of men like curves, not angles. :D

Pardus

Proud to be a Sinner.
BTW, lots of men like curves, not angles. :D
I do myself.
Personally, I think there's a big difference between being "fat" by current societal standards" and being morbidly obese.
And i was referring to my own standards, my current partner is considered socially fat.

But i will be out of there if she becomes obese, it's like watching the person stab themselves.