• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Would you date a fat chick?

Nanda

Polyanna
No, I'm not looking for a date. ;) But I have been to see Hairspray three times this week, it being based off the holy grail of fat chick movies, and it got me thinking. When I was a young girl, there were no fashionable clothing stores, no prom dresses, no options for a big girl like me to feel like a normal kid. Now, there's Torrid, there's BBW dances, there are books and movies and online communities all geared toward plus-sized women; it is, as they say, a brand new day. I have never felt more happy and comfortable in my plus-sized bootie. While the hollywood standard of beauty is still impossibly thin, people in the rest of the country are starting to realize that for most of us, it's just that - impossible - and we're going to have to learn to be happy with ourselves. Fortunately, it's getting easier. What say you?

cardero

Citizen Mod
hollywood standard of beauty is still impossibly thin, people in the rest of the country are starting to realize that for most of us, it's just that -
While the Hollywood standard might be that , Patrickism always believed in the the beauty within.

jonny

I don't like to seriously date annorexic or obese women. I prefer to date people who have a healthy weight.

I'll go on one date with just about anyone though.

Mathematician

Reason, and reason again
Define fat. :p I've gone out with a girl who was slightly overweight, but she didn't let herself go. I know there are people who have slow metabolisms, but *admittedly* looks is the first thing that captures my attention. Maybe that's a good thing since I'm horrible at judging people by first contact.

Mike182

Flaming Queer
well, i wouldn't date any chicks, but in the past i have been out with guys who are over weight.

darkpenguin

Charismatic Enigma
I don't think I could ever bring myself to date a 'stick insect' as that look just really isn't attractive and looks very unhealthy.
On the flip side of that I don't think I could date anyone who was hugely overweight either.
I do believe that beauty lies within to a certain extent but if you're not attracted to someone then you're just not attracted.

Random

If I were fat, I would.

...My GOD. That was a vacous answer, was it not?

Off the top of my head again...damn. Forgive my lack of depth in this matter, please..! :run:

TurtleGirl

Not a Member
I'm fat and so is painted wolf. If I were single again I would be more concerned with whether or not I got along with my date rather than how much the person weighs. For me personality has a huge overriding impact on appearance. The person could be absolutely physically stunning but if said person was unsavory personality-wise, I would see them as ugly.

Panda

42?
Premium Member
I'd rather fat than a stick insect that is just ugly. I prefer average for pure physical attraction but as I've never really had a very serious relationship I can't comment much. One of my friends is fat and I still think she is attractive though I would never date her, mainly because she's my friend.
I know I am rambling on and on but hey. Basically who they are is more important than what they look like,
And yes I do know this post could be one line long but meh.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
I have to be openly shallow like Random and say that I wouldn't date a dude who was obese. The thought of a squishy basketball between us in bed is not very appealing.

Random

Why only if you were fat? Thin guys can't date fat girls? Most of the guys I've dated were rail thin and didn't mind at all.

I have no difinitive answer on this issue, Nanda. Love is love, and were a thin man to fall for a roomy girl and vice versa then all is right and proper with that.

nutshell

I like big butts and I cannot lie. You other brothers can't deny - that when a girl walks in with an itty bitty round thing in your face you get sprung! Better pull up tough ---stuff---- Deep in the jeans she's wearn', I'm hooked and I can't stop starin'. Oh, BABY! I wanna get witcha and take your pictcha. My homeboys tried to warn me, but that BUTT you got makes me so horny!

Just kidding.

My wife is a size 0 or 2, depending on the brand.

Mathematician

Reason, and reason again
All I can say is that my girlfriend is rock hard [maybe limestone] in the abdominal area and I don't think anything flimsier, be it a factor of too much weight or too little, could turn me on as much. :p

But that has no bearing on dating. ;)