• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

World Ceasefire- the beginning of the end of War?

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Sayings are not always true. ;)
Yeah, Buddha warned against that. Kesamutti Sutta (getting rid of being held by hair, Kesa = hair, mutti (Mukti) = release). The Buddha named ten specific sources whose knowledge should not be immediately viewed as truthful without further investigation to avoid fallacies:

1. Oral history, 2. Traditional, 3. News sources, 4. Scriptures or other official texts, 5. Suppositional reasoning, 6. Philosophical dogmatism, 7. Common sense, 8. One's own opinions, 9. Experts, 10. Authorities or one's own teacher.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I see no reason either since you call yourself a Hindu and an atheist.
:) Because that is exactly what I am. I do not believe in existence of Gods and Goddesses, and I completely believe in importance of 'Dharma' (duties). I do not try to fulfill my duties of fear of any God or hell, I do it because of trying to be a responsible member of my society.

Last edited:

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
:) Because that is exactly what I am. I do not believe in existence of Gods and Goddesses, and I completely believe in importance of 'Dharma' (duties).
I do not really know much about Dharma but if it is duties that sounds good to be. Fulfilling our duties is more important than holding beliefs, Imo. :)

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I do hope you're right about the world. I just struggle with believing that mankind will ever reach a true state of peace with ourselves - at least in this life.
I understand. ;)
The only reason I have that hope is because of what Baha'u'llah wrote about the new race of men that will emerge.

New Race of Men

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
In recent developments due to the corona virus, world leaders are on the verge of calling for a world ceasefire. So that monies can be spent on the health and well being of people.

Is this virus leading us and the world to establish world peace and rid the world finally of the curse and expense of war?

I believe peace is inevitable but I never imagined such a tiny virus to be the catalyst to push the world towards peace. With funding and economies strained and stressed it makes all the sense in the world that governments can no longer afford wars and an arms race when their populations are stricken with illness and they need monies for medicines and the well being of people.

Amanpour and Company | UN Secretary-General Calls for Global Ceasefire | Season 2020

World unity and peace - the beginning?
Certainly among modern democracies there is no more war and there will be no more war. As for the world in its entirety, I think the philosophy of the day is that what we want is trade and business, and war is bad for business.

Does this mean a one world government? No. But it means worldwide cooperation.

As far as response during such things as pandemics -- they bring out both the best and the worst. We see the highest forms of cooperation and instances of altruism. But also see such things as hoarding and blaming.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Trailblazer said: Baha'u'llah fulfilled all the prophecies for the return of Christ and the coming of the Messiah promised in the Old Testament.
Please provide scriptural references for this....

Trailblazer said: Jesus cannot now come and re-fulfill them because it's already been done.
What exactly has been done?
The prophecies and how they were fulfilled by Baha’u’llah are delineated in the book Thief in the Night by William Sears.
Matthew 25:31-33,
“When the Son of man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit down on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate people one from another, just as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 And he will put the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on his left.
34 “Then the King will say to those on his right: ‘Come, you who have been blessed by my Father, inherit the Kingdom prepared for you from the founding of the world. . . . .“Then he will say to those on his left: ‘Go away from me, you who have been cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the Devil and his angels."
None of these verses are “Jesus” promising to return to earth. No such verses exist in the NT.

I believe that the verses above are all referring to Baha’u’llah. The Son of man is a title and it ultimately comes from the Book of Daniel, where it refers to the Messiah, and is frequently used in the Gospels as a title of Jesus. Presumably the title is symbolic of the perfect humanity that Jesus represented. Jesus was the Son of man, and Bahaullah referred to Jesus as such. Bahaullah was the return of Christ so as such He was the return of the Son of man.
Daniel 2:44, when prophesying about the Kingdom that Christ taught us to pray for says concerning the present day rulers...
In the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed. And this kingdom will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, and it alone will stand forever."
Jesus is the King of that Kingdom....but he ruling from heaven over earthly subjects.
I do not believe that Jesus is the King who is ruling from heaven. Jesus never said He would rule from heaven or rule on earth. Christians came to believe that because they misinterpreted scriptures. Nowhere in the NT does Jesus say He will rule. Jesus had four gospels to say He would rule if He had planned to rule, but Jesus never said that. Paul saying Jesus will rule does not count because Paul had an agenda to promote Jesus as Savior, a claim Jesus never made about Himself. Jesus knew nothing of any original sin so Jesus did not die as a ransom for our sins.

Jesus did not give Paul any authority to change the gospel message. Paul transformed the ‘Faith of Jesus’ into ‘Faith in Jesus.’ Jesus, who never claimed religious worship for himself was not worshipped in the original community, is for Paul the pre-existent risen Christ, the Son of God. This was the ‘Fall’ of Christianity, that Paul with his ‘Gospel’, which became the core of Christian dogma formation and conquered the world, while the historic basis of Christianity was declared a heresy.

In each age of history, God orders the affairs of the world through one of His Manifestations, and I believe that the Manifestation of God for the present age is Baha’u’llah.
Revelation 21:1-4...

A righteous "new heaven and new earth" are what we are awaiting (2 Peter 3:13)....a new form of rulership with Christ as King in heaven, assisted by his chosen ones from the earth, and a new earthly society of people who support God's Kingdom and are eager for it to rule over them. There will be no vestige of the old world with all its troubles left....we will never be troubled by them again...."the former things have passed away"...permanently.
I believe that Baha’u’llah came to usher in the Kingdom of God, as Jesus promised would happen. Jesus never promised to establish the Kingdom of God. I find it rather comical that Christians believe that Jesus will rule as a King, since Jesus never made any such claim. Christians believe that the verses listed on the following website refer to Jesus.

Bible verses about: Jesus Christ as King

But there are no verses listed that say Jesus is a King. In fact John 18:36-37 is Jesus saying His kingdom is not of this world and Jesus denies He is a King when He answers Pilate, saying “For this cause I was born, and for this cause I have come into the world, that I should bear witness to the truth.” Christians try to make verses about Jesus when they are not about Jesus, they refer to the return of Christ and the Messiah.
The mission for which Jesus was sent was accomplished in his death. That is what paid the ransom for mankind.
In his role as Messiah, Jesus glorified his Father and redeemed fallen mankind, paying a debt that was so big, no earthly person could provide it.
The problem is, Jesus never made any such claim to be a “ransom for mankind” because Jesus knew nothing of original sin. Christians made these claims about Jesus long after Jesus died. Original sin was a Christian doctrine that was created by taking a story from the OT and trying to use it to support the need for Jesus to die as a ransom. It is all political, not religious.
"No more in the world" means exactly that. Jesus did not need to come into the world in the flesh ever again. He sacrificed his human body to save us and his glorified spiritual body in which he was raised will rule from heaven over the earth.
I believe that you got that part right, but what about the millions and millions of other Christians who are still waiting for Jesus to return to earth in His glorified resurrected body?

Jesus never said He would ‘rule’ from heaven over earth. It is amazing how all the Christians come up with a different idea of what Jesus “will do” at the Second Coming, and the fact that Christians do not agree demonstrates that there are many different ways the scriptures can be interpreted; yet all Christians ‘believe’ their interpretation is the correct one.
Speaking of his anointed fellow rulers, Jesus said...."and you made them to be a kingdom and priests to our God, and they are to rule as kings over the earth.” (Revelation 5:10)
Jesus did not write the Book of Revelation so Jesus did not ‘say’ anything that is in it. Much of it is about the Messiah, so Christians just assumed it was about Jesus.
That makes no sense at all to me. You see in those scriptures what you want to see...but you have to understand that the Bible backs itself up....no scripture can be taken in isolation unless the statement agrees with the whole Bible.
I do not see what I want to see, I see what the text says, and I read it in context It makes no sense to you because you have a preconceived belief about who Jesus was and what He will do, so you cannot understand what Jesus is actually saying, the plain meaning.
Beliefs are all any of us have. We just have to have the right ones.
Jesus said that he would appoint a "faithful and discreet slave" to "feed" his household their "food at the proper time"....it is up to us to find that slave and feed on what he is serving....there is only one table and one truth....not many. (Matthew 24:45)
And all Christians are going to interpret that verse differently so what makes you think you know what it means? Baha’u’llah wrote that the Bible can have many meanings and there is no reason to think that there cannot be more than one meaning that is correct.

“Know assuredly that just as thou firmly believest that the Word of God, exalted be His glory, endureth for ever, thou must, likewise, believe with undoubting faith that its meaning can never be exhausted.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 175
As a Christian I believe that Jesus had no equals. No one was prophesied to come after him, and he was Jewish, not Muslim.
Spoken like a true Christian, but “I have no equals” never came from Jesus. Jesus said that God had no equals, and Jesus was not God so you can do the math.

As far as others coming after Him, Jesus was the Comforter and Jesus promised that He would send ‘another Comforter’ and the Spirit of truth from the Father who Baha’is believe was Baha’u’llah. Muhammad, the Bab and Baha’u’llah were all prophesied in the Bible, OT and NT.

11: COMMENTARY ON THE ELEVENTH CHAPTER OF THE REVELATION OF ST. JOHN
Baha'i is an offshoot of Islam.
Baha’i is not an offshoot of Islam anymore than Christianity is an offshoot of Judaism. The Baha’i Faith grew out of Islam because Bahaullah was a Muslim, just as Christianity grew out of Judaism because Jesus was a Jew. However, Judaism, Christianity, Islam, and the Baha’i Faith are all independent religions because they all had their own Founders who revealed different scriptures.
There are so many instances where Baha'i beliefs contradict the Bible.....where Baha'ullah's life is the complete opposite of Jesus' life.
The man had three wives and 14 children.....Jesus was not married because he was not put on this earth to marry and have a family ....and certainly not three wives.
The tact that Baha’u’llah’s life was different from the life of Jesus does not contradict the Bible. There is no reason to believe that the return of Christ would be just like Jesus. Baha’u’llah was not put on earth to marry either, he just happened to be married.
Christianity did not in any way promote polygamy. Jesus reinstated God's standard for marriage in the first century....one man, one wife.
The Laws of Moses and Jesus were abrogated by Muhammad so there were new laws in Islam that allowed for up to four wives. After the Dispensation of Muhammad ended, Baha’u’llah wrote a new Book of Laws so now we are back to monogamy. Please bear in mind that Baha’u’llah married His wives while He was still under Islamic law, long before He wrote His Book of Laws, so He broke no religious laws.

2ndpillar

In recent developments due to the corona virus, world leaders are on the verge of calling for a world ceasefire. So that monies can be spent on the health and well being of people.

Is this virus leading us and the world to establish world peace and rid the world finally of the curse and expense of war?

I believe peace is inevitable but I never imagined such a tiny virus to be the catalyst to push the world towards peace. With funding and economies strained and stressed it makes all the sense in the world that governments can no longer afford wars and an arms race when their populations are stricken with illness and they need monies for medicines and the well being of people.

Amanpour and Company | UN Secretary-General Calls for Global Ceasefire | Season 2020

World unity and peace - the beginning?

"Amanpour and Company", which would include the WHO, made the Co-19 virus consequences worse by down playing the Wuhan incidence and discouraging quarantining China from the US. Even the head of the CDC downplayed the Co-19 virus until the 27th of March based on WHO information. Depending on the UN or its WHO agency is a curse in itself. Preparing for war, and subsequently diverting war, is a much cheaper route than not preparing, and creating a power vacuum filled by the unscrupulous, who will eat the poor, or at least harvest and sell their organs at a profit. The death rate for the co-19 virus is no higher than any serious flu, which according to CDC is around 0.1%, and seems to kill only the unhealthy and the very old. Kind of like the wolves in Yellow Stone Park. Now with the wolves in Yellowstone, the land has recovered its vegetation, and the overall animal population is healthy and better proportioned.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
OK...lots to address. Ill break it up.
This is how I see things....

The prophecies and how they were fulfilled by Baha’u’llah are delineated in the book Thief in the Night by William Sears.

I asked for scripture...so please do not provide what is not scripture. I have no interest in William Sears.
God provided one book and he has only one "only begotten" son...Jesus Christ.

None of these verses are “Jesus” promising to return to earth. No such verses exist in the NT.

John 14:2-3...
"In the house of my Father are many dwelling places. Otherwise, I would have told you, for I am going my way to prepare a place for you. 3 Also, if I go my way and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will receive you home to myself, so that where I am you also may be."

Where did Jesus "go home" to? His "Father's house" had "many dwelling places" and he said he was going to "prepare a place" for his disciples, and that he would return to take them "home" to be with him. His disciples were on earth, some sleeping in their graves and some who are alive when he returned would never need to sleep at all, but would be transformed into spirit beings so that they may dwell with him in the presence of God. (1 Corinthians 15:51-52) These will rule from heaven over the earth. (Revelation 21:2-4)

I believe that the verses above are all referring to Baha’u’llah. The Son of man is a title and it ultimately comes from the Book of Daniel, where it refers to the Messiah, and is frequently used in the Gospels as a title of Jesus. Presumably the title is symbolic of the perfect humanity that Jesus represented. Jesus was the Son of man, and Bahaullah referred to Jesus as such. Bahaullah was the return of Christ so as such He was the return of the Son of man.

According to your beliefs that may be so....but it is not my belief because it argues with the Bible. The Bible is my only source of truth.
Baha'u'llah is never mentioned as one to be expected.....and when Christ was to come and render his judgments upon earth's inhabitants, it was going to mean great change in the way humans would be ruled. The wicked would be dispatched and the righteous spared through a "great tribulation" (Matthew 24:21). Man's failed rulership under influence from the devil will never be seen again. (1 John 5:19)

I do not believe that Jesus is the King who is ruling from heaven. Jesus never said He would rule from heaven or rule on earth. Christians came to believe that because they misinterpreted scriptures. Nowhere in the NT does Jesus say He will rule. Jesus had four gospels to say He would rule if He had planned to rule, but Jesus never said that.

Jesus is the King of God's Kingdom...what do kings do? He has assistants chosen by God who will share in rulership and priesthood. (Revelation 20:6)
Those who go to heaven are made perfect because of leaving their fallen flesh behind, so the sinners who need priests to shepherd and guide Christ's disciples to everlasting life are to be found on earth as survivors of the great tribulation. (Revelation 7:9-10; 13-14)

Paul saying Jesus will rule does not count because Paul had an agenda to promote Jesus as Savior, a claim Jesus never made about Himself. Jesus knew nothing of any original sin so Jesus did not die as a ransom for our sins.
:facepalm: Paul was used to write most of the Christian scriptures. Do you not think that if Paul was a fraud that God would know and prevent him from spreading lies about Jesus? Do you have no faith in God's ability to preserve his own word?The other apostles had God's spirit and they accepted Paul as an genuine apostle, though he was not one of the twelve.

You'll believe Baha'u'llah who was a self proclaimed prophet, whose writings are not supported by the Bible, and yet rubbish Paul who was personally educated by the risen Christ himself. Paul did not get his education about Jesus from men. Like the other apostles, he got it straight from 'the horse's mouth'. He was specially chosen for a specific assignment that the other apostles would never have been able to fulfill. He was an educated man, a former Pharisee who was brought before governors and Kings. He was equal to the task of addressing the Greek philosophers at the Ar·e·opʹa·gus. The twelve were uneducated men for the Jewish standpoint....Paul was not. He was also a Roman citizen which worked in his favor as well.

Jesus did not give Paul any authority to change the gospel message. Paul transformed the ‘Faith of Jesus’ into ‘Faith in Jesus.’ Jesus, who never claimed religious worship for himself was not worshipped in the original community, is for Paul the pre-existent risen Christ, the Son of God. This was the ‘Fall’ of Christianity, that Paul with his ‘Gospel’, which became the core of Christian dogma formation and conquered the world, while the historic basis of Christianity was declared a heresy.

Please tell me where Paul ever contradicted a teaching of Jesus. Christendom took Paul's teachings and massacred them like they did the rest of the scriptures. Jesus never claimed to be God and therefore never solicited worship for himself. Christendom was the fall of Christianity, not Paul. They are the "weeds" that Jesus warned about (Matthew 13:24-30)....sown by the devil in an attempt to steer people away from the truth.

We also have Peter's words of warning...
"Furthermore, consider the patience of our Lord as salvation, just as our beloved brother Paul also wrote you according to the wisdom given him, 16 speaking about these things as he does in all his letters. However, some things in them are hard to understand, and these things the ignorant and unstable are twisting, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction.

17 You, therefore, beloved ones, having this advance knowledge, be on your guard so that you may not be led astray with them by the error of the lawless people and fall from your own steadfastness. 18 No, but go on growing in the undeserved kindness and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be the glory both now and to the day of eternity. Amen.
" (2 Peter 3:15-18)

Last edited:

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
In each age of history, God orders the affairs of the world through one of His Manifestations, and I believe that the Manifestation of God for the present age is Baha’u’llah.

God punished his ancient people for adopting the beliefs and practices of other religions....he does not speak with a forked tongue.
He has one religion that is his, and his people believe in it and practice it...it has always been that way. They have always been in the minority.

I believe that Baha’u’llah came to usher in the Kingdom of God, as Jesus promised would happen. Jesus never promised to establish the Kingdom of God. I find it rather comical that Christians believe that Jesus will rule as a King, since Jesus never made any such claim. Christians believe that the verses listed on the following website refer to Jesus.

Baha’u’llah did nothing that Jesus said he would do when he returned.....and nothing has changed.....its just gotten worse. In the time time since your prophet lived, humans have worked out how to destroy all life on this planet. Something that God foresaw and will rectify in our day. (Revelation 11:18)

But there are no verses listed that say Jesus is a King. In fact John 18:36-37 is Jesus saying His kingdom is not of this world and Jesus denies He is a King when He answers Pilate, saying “For this cause I was born, and for this cause I have come into the world, that I should bear witness to the truth.” Christians try to make verses about Jesus when they are not about Jesus, they refer to the return of Christ and the Messiah.

Jesus is the Christ and the Messiah. When he speaks about his Kingdom, he is the King.
The angel Gabriel told Jesus' mother before his birth: This one will be great and will be called Son of the Most High; and Jehovah God will give him the throne of David his father, and he will rule as king over the house of Jacob forever, and there will be no end of his kingdom.” (Luke 1:32-33) It is very obvious that you know very little about the Bible's teachings.

The problem is, Jesus never made any such claim to be a “ransom for mankind” because Jesus knew nothing of original sin. Christians made these claims about Jesus long after Jesus died. Original sin was a Christian doctrine that was created by taking a story from the OT and trying to use it to support the need for Jesus to die as a ransom. It is all political, not religious.

Oh good grief ....."But Jesus called them to him and said: “You know that the rulers of the nations lord it over them and the great men wield authority over them. 26 This must not be the way among you; but whoever wants to become great among you must be your minister, 27 and whoever wants to be first among you must be your slave. 28 Just as the Son of man came, not to be ministered to, but to minister and to give his life as a ransom in exchange for many.” (Matthew 20:25-28) Jesus is the Son of man.

I have been a serious student of the Bible for over 45 years....please don't tell me what Jesus said or didn't say when it is clear that you haven't got a clue.

1 John 2:1-2
"My little children, I am writing you these things so that you may not commit a sin. And yet, if anyone does commit a sin, we have a helper with the Father, Jesus Christ, a righteous one. 2 And he is a propitiatory sacrifice for our sins, yet not for ours only but also for the whole world’s."

I believe that you got that part right, but what about the millions and millions of other Christians who are still waiting for Jesus to return to earth in His glorified resurrected body?

Christendom has never taught the truth. Christ was raised as a spirit, not a man of flesh and blood. His "appearances" after his resurrection were in materialized form, just as angelic messengers had appeared to God's servants in the past. It was forbidden to God's people to communicate with spirits. (Deuteronomy 18:9-12) He certainly has a glorified body, but it is not the one he sacrificed....he didn't take it back.

Jesus never said He would ‘rule’ from heaven over earth. It is amazing how all the Christians come up with a different idea of what Jesus “will do” at the Second Coming, and the fact that Christians do not agree demonstrates that there are many different ways the scriptures can be interpreted; yet all Christians ‘believe’ their interpretation is the correct one.

And you believe a prophet who had no credentials, performed no miracles, and who was a flawed human being who died from a fever.
There is nothing about him that resembles Christ in the slightest way, according to what I have read about him.

Jesus did not write the Book of Revelation so Jesus did not ‘say’ anything that is in it. Much of it is about the Messiah, so Christians just assumed it was about Jesus.
Again, your ignorance speaks....who gave the Revelation to John? Read Revelation 1:1.

I do not see what I want to see, I see what the text says, and I read it in context It makes no sense to you because you have a preconceived belief about who Jesus was and what He will do, so you cannot understand what Jesus is actually saying, the plain meaning.

No, I see that you are very short on Bible knowledge and ready to believe whatever it is that your prophet said....that is entirely your prerogative, but we have entered unprecedented times and the Bible gives us the explanations as to why these things are taking place, and where this is ultimately going. World peace will never come by man's efforts.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
And all Christians are going to interpret that verse differently so what makes you think you know what it means? Baha’u’llah wrote that the Bible can have many meanings and there is no reason to think that there cannot be more than one meaning that is correct.

At this point in time Christ's appointed "slave" is feeding his fellow slaves their "food at the proper time".....(Matthew 24:45)
The slave exists and we have to identify him and feed on what he provides as spiritual food.

As far as others coming after Him, Jesus was the Comforter and Jesus promised that He would send ‘another Comforter’ and the Spirit of truth from the Father who Baha’is believe was Baha’u’llah. Muhammad, the Bab and Baha’u’llah were all prophesied in the Bible, OT and NT.

"The helper", which I already showed you from the scriptures, was the holy spirit.....not Baha’u’llah.

Baha’i is not an offshoot of Islam anymore than Christianity is an offshoot of Judaism.

Christianity is founded on the Jewish faith....not the corrupted version that Jesus encountered in the first century, but a cleansed version involving the "new covenant" that was instituted by Jesus on the night before his death. Jesus warned that Christianity too would be corrupted in much the same way as Judaism had been....with people preferring man-made traditions over God's word.

Islam does not figure in God's arrangement because God's promises were to come through Abraham to Isaac and Jacob. They had nothing to do with Ishmael.

The Baha’i Faith grew out of Islam because Bahaullah was a Muslim, just as Christianity grew out of Judaism because Jesus was a Jew. However, Judaism, Christianity, Islam, and the Baha’i Faith are all independent religions because they all had their own Founders who revealed different scriptures.

Jesus said that 'salvation originated with the Jews', not with Muslims.

The tact that Baha’u’llah’s life was different from the life of Jesus does not contradict the Bible. There is no reason to believe that the return of Christ would be just like Jesus. Baha’u’llah was not put on earth to marry either, he just happened to be married.

Do you understand why Jesus never married?

The Laws of Moses and Jesus were abrogated by Muhammad so there were new laws in Islam that allowed for up to four wives. After the Dispensation of Muhammad ended, Baha’u’llah wrote a new Book of Laws so now we are back to monogamy. Please bear in mind that Baha’u’llah married His wives while He was still under Islamic law, long before He wrote His Book of Laws, so He broke no religious laws.

Jesus established God's original standard for marriage long before any of your prophets were even born. So he did disobey the teachings of Jesus, which came directly from the Father.

"‘Did you not read that he who created them at the beginning made them male and female and said: “For this reason a man will leave his father and his mother and will stick to his wife, and the two will be one flesh”? So that they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore, what God has yoked together let no man put apart.’" (Matthew 19:4-6)

What does Islamic Law have to do with Jesus?

It is true that he will not return in the flesh, but he will return to judge the world....and his angels will be with him ready to act as his executioners. (Matthew 25:31-33)

I do not believe that Jesus is the King who is ruling from heaven. Jesus never said He would rule from heaven or rule on earth. Christians came to believe that because they misinterpreted scriptures. Nowhere in the NT does Jesus say He will rule. Jesus had four gospels to say He would rule if He had planned to rule, but Jesus never said that. Paul saying Jesus will rule does not count because Paul had an agenda to promote Jesus as Savior, a claim Jesus never made about Himself. Jesus knew nothing of any original sin so Jesus did not die as a ransom for our sins.

SMH....

Jesus never promised to establish the Kingdom of God. I find it rather comical that Christians believe that Jesus will rule as a King, since Jesus never made any such claim. Christians believe that the verses listed on the following website refer to Jesus.

What is comical is non-Christians telling Christians what their own Bible says. And getting it so wrong...

Revelation 11:15...
"The seventh angel blew his trumpet. And there were loud voices in heaven, saying: “The kingdom of the world has become the Kingdom of our Lord and of his Christ, and he will rule as king forever and ever.”

You show by what you post that you have very little knowledge of the Bible, so please stop pretending that you know what it says.

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
Tribal pride is the most common nature of mankind that I see in nature. Not to mention that the whole hierarchy of life on Earth is predator/prey.

Human vulnerability exacerbates the problem.

Competition, superiority, exceptionalism are all drives of mankind.

It was wise to set up democratic constitutions that are wary of power and corruption.

There are peaceful circles though.

World Peace sounds so unrealistic.

The peace nature is less common in my eyes.

Samantha Rinne

Resident Genderfluid Writer/Artist
Sayings are not always true. ;)

Well here's another two sayings.

"But time flows like a river, and history repeats..."
(Secret of Mana, btw)

Those who fail to learn in history class, are doomed to repeat the course.

As being in a Messianic era, you haven't been paying attention. People are locked in their homes unable to do anything (this is oppression for oppression's sake, as it loses governors money who want income taxes from people if they all suddenly can't work). Government is in a worldwide police state. People are dying of a plague, and it is worse in places like nursing homes. War if it is down, is down because people CANNOT GO TO WAR. That would involve people gathering. Btw, if you thought the upside of this was that Muslims setlled in and you stopped hearing about Muslim jihad or whatever... well,
MORE MUSLIMS all over the word are rejecting ‘social distancing’ and gathering in groups to scare away the virus
Yeah, they've decided to horde up to scare away the disease. What this means is that some of them will die, yes, but it also means others will become carriers (thanks guys), and still others become immune well before the rest of us. Bill Gates wants to vaccine the population, and no this is not to say that he has come with a miracle cure (read up on how her tried to inoculate kids in India with Polio vaccine, leaving many of them paralyzed. "Fact checker" websites predictably declare this false. Oh really? Then why is the Indian Supreme Court trying to sue him? If nothing happened, or he helped, wouldn't they give him a medal or something? Bill Gates Faces Trial in India for Illegally Testing Tribal Children with Vaccines - Global Research ). In fact, I wouldn't trust this cure for anything, and I read in one place that it has a sort of "marker" on it. Yes, let's imagine if only "clean" people are allowed out. Nobody else gets to but or sell... Revelation 13:16-17 Sound familiar? It gets worse. When this quarantine ends, people who hoarded food with be fighting with people who tried to continue working/weren't practicing social distance.

And then there's our governors, who tried to take our rights from us. There's no guarantee that the next hurricane/blizzard/earthquake they won't pull this crap again, hoping it'll be even easier this time. "This blizzard will freeze everything! Stay inside until June!" " It hasn't even snowed... " "Shut up and do what you're told!" And there's laws they passed while hoping we were all not paying attention. Northam signed a law undoing our Voter ID regulations "to make it easier to vote." Uhhhh, when you don't check voter ID, a number of types of fraud happen.
1. Sending tons of absentee ballots from people who on the books but dead, no longer in the state, etc
2. Allowing foreign interests to fix an election
3. Allowing people to disguise themselves and vote twice. Also, allowing people to drive to multiple precincts.
4. And even register their dogs and cats to vote.

Not to mention nearly every church or temple is shuttered except in area where the right to worship is actually respected, and some bishops got them to do it willingly! In Virginia, even if we did not have our governor banning gatherings (used to be ten or more, now in some buildings they're saying 3 or more), with no exceptions made for churches, many bishops just plain decided to show how much they fawn over the governor and close down well before he even said anything. Meanwhile, the job of ministers (visiting the sick, the depressed, the lonely, and the rejected and getting them to come to church again (yes, it might surprise you to know that they work during the week, not just Sunday)) is not being done, and unless they've set something up where the do a stream of themselves worshipping or video conference, the church is left barren. In fact, it has become a haunting reminder that churches and temples have in boasting about how safe they're being, have actually turned their backs on the needy.
How Would Jesus Handle the Coronavirus? | RELEVANT Magazine
Luke 11:37-42
Matthew 15
Mark 7

The ancient Jews were so obsessed with cleanliness that they made people stand in the street shouting "Unclean! Unclean!" if anyone got to close. Is that what we've been reduced to? That even during the height of Easter, people can't hear the news that God has made all welcome, and given us all grace? That instead ministers start looking at their flock like " those people"? We got an email from our bishop that was basically, "Nobody visit me or say hi, because I don't want to be sick." She also wants nobody to stream for a church even if it's just them alone (because churches are inherently filthy, amirite?)

These are not Messianic times, even if they happen to be peaceful. Btw, since people have stopped going to doctors, a reduction in medical mistake deaths has also resulted. This is not to say that a great era of health is upon us. It's just because everyone is penned up, and can't visit the hospital.

Last edited:

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
Or start of a new war? Bahaollah! :D
Add China, India and Saudi Arabia to big spenders on defense. The world order changeth.

0053_defense_comparison-full.gif

The one problem I can see if they try to establish peace is who will run the show. Museums will want an Islamic version of a world order, the west a democratic model and countries like China and Russia a communist system. It might end up being a mixture of the best of each system. India I think would want a democratic system but with religious values.

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
That is not how the Bible tells it. Nor is anyone with an unpronounceable name prophesied to be "Christ returned". It beggars belief to me that anyone can acknowledge a prophet just on his say so. Baha’u’llah is no one to anyone but Baha'i's. He in no way scripturally represents the second coming of the Messiah for many reasons.

1) He had no credentials....nothing to demonstrate his claims. He didn't perform miracles nor did he institute the blessings of the Kingdom as Jesus promised he would on his return. (Revelation 21:2-4)

2) The wicked are still with us, death still takes lives and human suffering has not ceased... and Jesus said he was going to dispatch the wicked along with his angelic forces at the end of this age. (Matthew 13:36-43) Nothing Jesus predicted with his return has seen fulfillment with Baha’u’llah....most people have no idea how to even pronounce his name. (including me)

3) Baha’u’llah died of disease. Jesus Christ was a perfect human who would never have succumbed to illness or death by natural causes. He was not the son of humans but the Son of God, whose life was miraculously produced so that he would not inherit the sin of Adam. If you understand the ransom as it is explained in the Bible, you will see how absurd it is to think of a sinful human as the returned Christ....no matter how wise his words may seem.

4) Baha’u’llah was hailed as a prophet by men because they believed him and when he died they gave him an ornate burial tomb.....where is Jesus' burial tomb?

5) None of the prophesies concerning Messiah's return have been fulfilled in all these years after Baha’u’llah's death.....in fact the world has gotten progressively worse.

Spiritual insight is essential to discern the return of Christ....Jesus gave a "sign" of his "presence" NOT of his "coming".
Christ's return was to be heralded by the world events that he foretold at Matthew 24:3-14. It was a time period in which all of the signs would be seen within a generation. We have seen them all.

First...there was to be unprecedented warfare, like we saw in 1914 with the outbreak of the world's first global conflict, in which all nations were forced through their alliances to participate. It came about when no one was expecting it. The assassination of Arch Duke Ferdinand in Sarajevo came to be called "the shot that was heard around the world" because of the ramifications of that one act of violence. It triggered a domino effect that plunged the whole world into war that nobody saw coming.

Then there were food shortages caused by the war, and the outbreak of a pandemic called "the Spanish Flu" that took more lives than the war did. There were great earthquakes and people claiming to be the returned Christ, but were false prophets.

There was to be an increase in lawlessness and as a consequence, the love that people once practiced for their neighbors and towards one another, was to disappear along with trust.....there are so many scammers and liars about that you really can't trust anyone anymore. Institutions that people once trusted have now been exposed as ripping us off for decades. The underbelly of this world is a cess pit of corruption. God promised to expose it at the time of the end. (2 Peter 3:10)

The fact Jesus body has not been found does not mean it did not decompose like every other human body. Science proves this. I believe the interpretation of the Bible by some verges on fantasy and superstition and that in reality it is the Christ Spirit that lives on in the hearts and minds of people not His body.

Just like the saying the kingdom of God is within you so Jesus is within you but not His body and not a kingdom of stone.