• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Witches and witchcraft

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
It's My Birthday!
and why couldn't God give insight to a Witch or Fortune Teller and etc.? why would God limit his divine insight only to certain people.
It's a good question. I don't know the answer. Sorry.
I've been thinking about your question.

What you are describing, "God giving divine insight to everyone... why not?"

In Abrahamic Monotheism, God has this already. They are Angels. Angels know and execute God's will perfectly.

This means there must be something special about not knowing the divine will and having to evalutate, make choices, and reflect on the consequences. Else, humans would not exist. There would only be Angels.

Diamond

Depends how you define witch. Yes you can do witchcraft but if you want to be a real witch you have to have a familiar spirit. AKA spirit guide. These are spirits that teach or guide the witch in their practice of witchcraft. They actually control the witch however. It's spiritual bondage/slavery. It's really stupid to be a witch.

As for witches not believing in demons. Some do, some don't. That's beside the point.
actually being called stupid by people like you are common cause you speak out of ignorance.I've been on this path for 22 years I think I would know better then you if we Witches need a spirit guide or not, some do, some don't and I don't.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
It's My Birthday!
@Diamond ,

I'm just catching up and reading your explanation of who you are and what you believe. Don't worry about the bible if you don't believe in it. I think most bible-folk would not be cruel to you because you are into spell-casting.

Diamond

Sorry, I have to call this out. We have enough people within the Pagan and magical/occult communities spouting nonsense about what it means to be a "real witch" without this sort of nonsense being added into the mix. Outsider perceptions of spellcraft are, for better or worse, directly relevant to this thread, but...

... you know? Here's an answer for the OP. Per folks like you as an example, people have problems with certain types of withcraft because their beliefs about what witchcraft is and means are simply off-base.
I am a witch of 22 years ,I don't speak out of not knowing and your answer final is good

74x12

actually being called stupid by people like you are common cause you speak out of ignorance.I've been on this path for 22 years I think I would know better then you if we Witches need a spirit guide or not, some do, some don't and I don't.
That was a bit inconsiderate of me. I didn't mean to imply you were stupid. I don't believe you are. And I hope we can be friends. I have at least one relative into the new age stuff. But I have to be be honest with you about witchcraft. Even though the meaning of witch/wizard/magic is linked with wisdom. It's not the wisdom of God.

You may believe you're a white witch. But, since you made this thread to get the Christian POV; I'll tell you I don't believe in white witchcraft.

• Psychic abilities are not necessarily fake; but granted to people by spirits entities
  • White witches can't win against black magic because the game is rigged.
  • The only way to beat satan is with Jesus Christ on your side; not spirit guides.
  • You can't beat satan with witchcraft.
  • Christianity is not witchcraft and Solomon wasn't a witch. The wisdom of God is different and holy.
So I don't mean any offense. Just giving you my POV since you made this thread to find out what Christians think. Obviously I'm not all Christians. But this is from my own personal research/knowledge.

74x12

Sorry, I have to call this out. We have enough people within the Pagan and magical/occult communities spouting nonsense about what it means to be a "real witch" without this sort of nonsense being added into the mix. Outsider perceptions of spellcraft are, for better or worse, directly relevant to this thread, but...

... you know? Here's an answer for the OP. Per folks like you as an example, people have problems with certain types of withcraft because their beliefs about what witchcraft is and means are simply off-base.
I probably know more than you realize about magic and even what witches think about themselves. But you assume that witches themselves know themselves the best. A mistake in my opinion. Ultimately I line everything up with the Word of God to define what is true or not. This thread is about the Christian POV on witchcraft so ...

exchemist

Veteran Member
I asked the question cause I'm curious to wonder why? also who considers Witchcraft demonic and why?
There are different Templar crosses that have been used, in one case it was the French Fleur De Lis cross. In another, there was a less wide crossbar under the top one, The also used the equidistant Maltese cross.

No matter, The red cross on a pure white background, singlet, has been the the sign of the Templars, The colors were just as important as the cross.

An English Templar would recognize a French one by a red cross on a white background.One might have a maltese Cross, the other a traditional cross, but they are Templars none the less
Then I stand corrected. That's interesting. Can you direct me to a source on this?

exchemist

Veteran Member
obviously a lot of people still give two hoots or else there would have not been 25 alerts in my inbox this morning when I opened this up.
Yes you are right. I was not taking into account certain types on this forum. I don't live in the States, you see.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Good Grief

, it's a picture,can we please get back to the post question?

I gave a suggestion.
Maybe you missed it.

The 'witches should not be suffered to live' OT law is a miss-translation?
After all, Jewish Kings did seek the guidance of witches, as in the case of the Witch of Endor.

Jesus was a tecton, or nagara, this word can mean 'handworker', but it can also mean 'Magi', and term connected to those whose abilities could be considered as 'mysterious'.

You see? Jesus could have been a magi, and therefore not far removed from sorcerer or witch. How many folks who healed people were considered otherwise than witches?

Christianity was not much to do with the real Jesus, imo.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
It's My Birthday!
The 'witches should not be suffered to live' OT law is a miss-translation?
After all, Jewish Kings did seek the guidance of witches, as in the case of the Witch of Endor.
The story of the woman in Endor is in first Samuel 28. hyperlink >>> sefaria.org - I Samuel 28:12

Selection_165.png

It seems consensus among Jewish commentators is that Saul went to a necromancer, but that the communication with Samuel was not the result of necromancy. The commentators focus on the "shriek", that it was a "divine being", and that it was "coming up".

The reasons that this is not necromancy are complicated, and many will likely see these reasons as loopholes and excuses. But, it seems that:

this specific situation does not indicate that there is a miss-translation in the law in the OT.

Last edited:

InChrist

Free4ever
What does the bible and it's followers have against Witches and Witchcraft,I'm looking for real and real convincing reasons?
I have just read through this thread, reading each of your comments and most of the responses.

I have been a Christian for about twenty-eight years, having been saved out of various religions, spiritual perspectives, and the new age. One of my dearest friends was a witch from a very young age before she knew Jesus as her Savior.

I think probably the main reason the Bible condemns witchcraft is because it is a practice or methodology which attempts to control or manipulate one's life and reality apart from God, the Creator, rather than under His loving guidance and will. The Bible informs us that there are only two sources of spiritual power: God and Satan (with Satan's being limited, yet still very powerful over humanity). I think the warning in the scriptures against witchcraft or any spirituality apart from God is for our best interest and well-being because God is the only Source of life and goodness. To seek spirituality, knowledge, or power apart from God is idolatry....For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, And stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry ( 1 Samuel 15:23). This is the mentality of Lucifer and his attitude toward God, so when one participates in this attitude they are putting themselves in a vulnerable place of being deceived, manipulated, and being dangerously led astray from God and His wisdom and words of eternal life.

Just my thoughts and response to your question. Have a good afternoon.

MJFlores

ok those are the scriptures,thanks for that,it just states the fact of it's supposingly against it however it doesn't give a reason Why it's against it, I think my best explanation came from "stvdv".

Catholics in the Philippines love witchcraft
Charms and potions are sold at the sidewalk near the Quiapo Catholic Church

But for me, as a Christian - I do not subscribe to any of these because:
1. I love God and I desire to be saved on Judgement Day
2. God hates these witchcraft items