• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Will Islam and Sharia dominate Europe?

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Let's not conflate. Sharia is disgusting shytte but orgs such as EDL are avowedly racist.

There is a big difference between EDL and radical Muslims. The first ones would never hurt anybody, and spread their ideas through a democratic political dialog with the counterpart.
The second tendentiously affirm that murder in the context of jihad could be something justifiable. And God could forgive that.
This is the most devilish thing I've ever heard. Besides being illegal.

Last edited:

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
You know something?

I can't help but feel that if people are so easily swayed to ideas that they ought to disapprove, they are not taking themselves very seriously in the first place.

I'm not really seeing the point in fearing for the future without seeking a clear direction in the present. If Sharia is a bad thing (and that should not be taken as a premise), then let's all discuss why it is so and raise public awareness of its downsides.

Isn't that the proper way to deal with dangers to the public sanity?

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
You know something?

I can't help but feel that if people are so easily swayed to ideas that they ought to disapprove, they are not taking themselves very seriously in the first place.

I'm not really seeing the point in fearing for the future without seeking a clear direction in the present. If Sharia is a bad thing (and that should not be taken as a premise), then let's all discuss why it is so and raise public awareness of its downsides.

Isn't that the proper way to deal with dangers to the public sanity?

This is a fair post and one I agree with. We can complain and make stereotypes all day, but discussing why something is unacceptable seems like a better choice. Many people, including Muslims, aren't very familiar with what Shariah Law entails.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
If Eastern Europe isn't falling, I don't see much of a need to worry about Western Europe. There may be terrorists attacks, battles, and maybe war, but I don't see Europe falling to Islamic extremists, especially when no more than a few extremists in their homelands have managed to retain power for long. European militaries may seem "weak" when they stand next America's, but they are not weak. Plus the American military is stationed throughout Europe, so really I see no reason to fear as America will not give up any sort of interests without first making sure there are consequences for whoever provokes such a giant.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Already 25% of Brussels population is Muslim. Its just a matter of time with the astronomical birth rates of Muslims for Muslims to become Majority in Belgium.

well..if they dare overpopulate our country, we will be forced to vasectomize them all obligatorily. Do you think we are not capable of that?

Last edited:

Nyingjé Tso

Tänpa Yungdrung zhab pä tän gyur jig
well..if they dare overpopulate our country, we will be forced to vasectomize them all obligatorily. Do you think we are not capable of that?
we are...
we will tell them: either Vasectomy or out of the country. choose

amazed+cat.jpg

I dunno what you're taking, but definitely too much

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
we are...
Woh! Alright then Mr. Machiavelli.

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
we are...

What the everliving hell?

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
we are...

Who is "we"?

The Roman Catholic Church? Gay Sicilians?

Tom

mycorrhiza

There's no reason to believe that Europe will get sharia law...

Most muslims aren't extremists, and birth rates adjust very quickly to the ones of people born in the country. Believing that muslims will birth a whole bunch of kids and take over Europe is islamophobic ************!

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Who is "we"?

The Roman Catholic Church? Gay Sicilians?

Tom

It's an exaggeration, I know. I said, the government will be forced to take drastic measures if the population grows. I don't believe it will be necessary vasectomy. The legal imposition of childless family or one-child-families will suffice

Shad

Veteran Member
If Islam/Muslim was a race you would have a point. However neither is so your point is has no merit. EDL is xenophobic especially considering their rhetoric regarding Britain and culture. They use the guise of secularism to cover up their xenophobia

Jeremy Taylor

I don't think so. In Europe we have secular and liberal constitutions who would condemn any attempt of subverting the liberal structure of our society.

I've met only moderate Muslims in my life. Almost all of them never talk about religion.
As for Belgium, if there are people who like to dream, let them go on dreaming
I don't think there is any immediate danger, though I find it strange that one would think that constitutions would restrain a majority. I don't think a Muslim majority is likely to set up a theocracy, but I doubt it will maintain quite as robust a secular and liberal attitude as today, though as a traditional conservative this doesn't worry me.

Mycroft

Ministry of Serendipity
Sharia Law has nothing to do with Islam. It's a Saudi Arabian thing, and most Muslims look at people who support Sharia Law the same way most Christians look at Westboro Baptist Church.

The Quran instructs Muslims to live under the law of the land, regardless of whose law it may be. So people who are campaigning for Sharia Law (mostly white and black converts) are acting against the principles of Islam and are, therefore, not Muslim.

Having the view that most Muslims are extremists is the same as having the view that most Americans are dumb hicks.