• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Will Islam and Sharia dominate Europe?

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I don't think so. In Europe we have secular and liberal constitutions who would condemn any attempt of subverting the liberal structure of our society.

I've met only moderate Muslims in my life. Almost all of them never talk about religion.
As for Belgium, if there are people who like to dream, let them go on dreaming

Last edited:

MD

qualiaphile
It's only a matter of time, Europeans are weak and would prefer hedonistic liberal lives rather than protect their own heritage and culture.

Putin recognized this which is why he went on the offensive so early.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
It's only a matter of time, Europeans are weak and would prefer hedonistic liberal lives rather than protect their own heritage and culture.

Putin recognized this which is why he went on the offensive so early.

We are not weak. We are incredibly and infinitely tolerant and hospitable, that's true.
but we will never allow that something so anachronistic takes the lead here. By the way, what I am sure about is that Atheism will spread more and more in the future. An Atheistim-oriented society will always laugh at these fanatic dreamers-

Last edited:

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |

Is it just me or is the secularism found in India similar, in your opinion, to that which is found in many European countries ? Aapko toh maalum hai yaar ... p-s-e-u-d-o ... ?

MD

qualiaphile
Is it just me or is the secularism found in India similar, in your opinion, to that which is found in many European countries ? Aapko toh maalum hai yaar ... p-s-e-u-d-o ... ?

I don't know to be honest, but there's a difference between secularism and liberalism imo.

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
I don't know to be honest, but there's a difference between secularism and liberalism imo.

Absolutely true, yes. But perhaps Avrupa has been hit hard with vote-bank politics and radical minority-appeasement. :p Estonia, on the other hand, is still legit.
icon14.gif

xkatz

Is it just me or is the secularism found in India similar, in your opinion, to that which is found in many European countries ?
Comparing what I've see between Europeans and Indians, India is secular but it's people are WAY more traditional.

Nyingjé Tso

Tänpa Yungdrung zhab pä tän gyur jig
I have mixed feelings about it. But it is true that we are weak for this and worse than that, most don't know how to handle the situation. It can be clearly seen in France and Great britain, and equally in the number of european people flocking to middle east to learn Jihad and then come back to Europe. It's increasing and it's truly frightening.

Last edited:

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
Comparing what I see between Europeans and Indians, India is secular but it's people are WAY more traditional.

On one side, I see the applicability of secularism in Europe completely viable, socio-economically and politically. In India, on the other hand, secularism has usually had a disastrous track record since its unprofessional implementation by the various Indian governments of the past. But please pardon me, I didn't mean to diverge from the topic ... I saw the opportunity to have a little off-topic conversation with another fellow Indian and went for it. :p

Phil25

I don't think so. In Europe we have secular and liberal constitutions who would condemn any attempt of subverting the liberal structure of our society.

I've met only moderate Muslims in my life. Almost all of them never talk about religion.
As for Belgium, if there are people who like to dream, let's them go on dreaming

Constitution is just piece of paper. Power is what is required to enforce it. Europeans are getting weaker and weaker while Islam is getting more aggressive with the increase in Radicalization of European Muslim youth.
Already 25% of Brussels population is Muslim. Its just a matter of time with the astronomical birth rates of Muslims for Muslims to become Majority in Belgium.
Then which law will be enforced in Belgium, Sharia or Belgian.
Islamists are aggressive, they can easily suppress any voice of opposition from "Moderate" Muslims.
I am pretty sure now, Sharia will dominate Europe in future.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Constitution is just piece of paper. Power is what is required to enforce it. Europeans are getting weaker and weaker while Islam is getting more aggressive with the increase in Radicalization of European Muslim youth.
Already 25% of Brussels population is Muslim. Its just a matter of time with the astronomical birth rates of Muslims for Muslims to become Majority in Belgium.
Then which law will be enforced in Belgium, Sharia or Belgian.
Islamists are aggressive, they can easily suppress any voice of opposition from "Moderate" Muslims.
I am pretty sure now, Sharia will dominate Europe in future.

I know how things work here, from a juridic point of view.
That will never happen. The state controls society restlessly.
Trust me, I studied law at college. I know what I'm talking about

Last edited:

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
I am concerned as a Brit about the rise of Islamists but as a country, as well as being tolerant, we have zero tolerance for 14th century fukwitts. Heck, we've even ditched the Christian delusion, by and large.

MD

qualiaphile
We are not weak. We are incredibly and infinitely tolerant and hospitable, that's true.
but we will never allow that something so anachronistic takes the lead here. By the way, what I am sure about is that Atheism will spread more and more in the future. An Atheistim-oriented society will always laugh at these fanatic dreamers-

The native European birth rate is a bit over 1 child per couple. That means every generation the population halves. Fundamentalists of all faiths have more kids, let's assume around 4. That means in every generation their population doubles.

Do the math.

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Phil25, your posts are unnecessarily alarmist.

Europeans will not allow Shariah to rule its lands.

Phil25

Anyone who protests against Sharia Law, like EDL, Britain First, Geert Wilders etc are dismissed as Racist.

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Anyone who protests against Sharia Law, like EDL, Britain First, Geert Wilders etc are dismissed as Racist.

So what? They can be thought of as racists as long as Shariah law doesn't take over Europe. Methinks you spend way too much time watching fear-mongering television.