• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why western countries support Israel?

Panda

42?
Premium Member
I wouldn't say I support the Governments of either side. Both sides have committed terrible atrocities and quite frankly this whole game of placing blame and pointing fingers isn't going to get anyone anywhere. Both Israel and Palestine need to grow up, admit they have made mistakes and come to some peaceful solution. Of course I don't actually think that will happen any time soon unless something massive changes.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Sometimes it seems like Israelis are more in favor of a Palestinian state than Palestinians. If only the Palestinians would cease their commitment to destroy Israel and accept peaceful coexistence, there could be a Palestinian state that would live in peace and prosperity.
Precisely.

TheKnight

Guardian of Life
Why western countries always support Israel ?? whatever they did like crimes against humanity and killing innocents

I'd have to say that the U.S. support of Israel is primarily due to influence from religious figures and organizations.

However, personally, I believe that Israel should be supported. But then, I also believe that the Native Americans should be supported and the like.

freethinker44

If only the Palestinians would cease their commitment to destroy Israel and accept peaceful coexistence, there could be a Palestinian state that would live in peace and prosperity.

Maybe isreal could give back the land they stole and murdered for and quite trying to expand there territory into egypt. Then everyone could live in peace.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
When you look at the nations that do support Israel. in the UN
You find Prior to Obama, The USA always Did.
And the UK usually do, or abstain.
Very few other ever do....

The British population is largely anti Israeli, on middle eastern matters.

Money talks especially in the USA ... some of the biggist shareholders in the biggist banks and Corporations are Jewish, and have strong connections with Israel.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
I'd have to say that the U.S. support of Israel is primarily due to influence from religious figures and organizations.

However, personally, I believe that Israel should be supported. But then, I also believe that the Native Americans should be supported and the like.

There was no Jewis Nation in Israel from Roman times until after the WW2.
Even before the destruction of the temple, they had won the land through conquest. ( given of course by God)
They are certainly not the earliest native inhabitants of Israel.

TheKnight

Guardian of Life
Even before the destruction of the temple, they had won the land through conquest. ( given of course by God)
They are certainly not the earliest native inhabitants of Israel.

Maybe, but I would say that they are the earliest "native" inhabitant of Israel that are still around.

Alceste

Vagabond
Maybe western rulers are afraid, as the Jewish people hold the major economy of western countries

It's not "the Jewish people" that control the economy - it's a few international bankers, some of whom happen to be Jewish. Ordinary Jews are no more aware of this state of affairs than ordinary non-Jews, and nobody in the west would approve if they understood it.

moegypt

Perhaps those who commit violent aggression against Israel should not hide behind innocent civilians.

Suggest that they are hiding behind innocent civilians.. that means to take planes and kill all the people.. what is the crimes against humanity if this one not?!

Poisonshady313

Maybe isreal could give back the land they stole and murdered for and quite trying to expand there territory into egypt. Then everyone could live in peace.
They're not trying to expand their territory into Egypt, and they didn't steal any land.

Aside from the land purchased by Jews from Arabs (for outrageously high prices), many of whom were absentee landlords who owned useless and undesirable land, any land taken by Israel from Arabs was done while Israel was defending its very existence from people who would attempt to annihilate Israel.

All Israel wants to do is live in peace, side by side peacefully with its Arab neighbors.

Unfortunately, none of the Arabs want Israel... none of them acknowledge Israel.... and Palestinians have stated in every one of their political charters, in some way or another, that their intent is to destroy Israel.

Israel's declaration of establishment explicitly states the intent to live peacefully among its Arab neighbors. PLO, Hamas, Fatah... all founded with the intent to destroy Israel through armed struggle. Hamas doesn't even stop with Israel... they want to see the death of all Jews anywhere they exist.

The cause for this conflict is the Arab refusal to accept the existence of Israel as a legitimate state.

The solution for this conflict is the Arab acceptance of the existence of Israel as a legitimate state.

Everything else is details.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
I'm impressed with any country who is able to thrive despite being surrounded by millions of people who want to exterminate them, while at the same time restraining their superior military technology and not obliterating their enemies who would not show them the same courtesy.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I'm impressed with any country who is able to thrive despite being surrounded by millions of people who want to exterminate them, while at the same time restraining their superior military technology and not obliterating their enemies who would not show them the same courtesy.
Precisely.

dragynfly0515

Satan Worshipper
But what about the palestinian people who are now in Jordan and Egypt as refugees?? They should leave their homes in Palestine and leave their right!

I recently listened to a Roman Catholic nun who had returned from Israel give accounts (and showed photos) of how the Palestinian people were being treated and I was sickened. There is a demonstration in my village every Friday night in favor of stopping financial aid to Israel and I support them wholeheartedly.

:candle:
Crys

kai

ragamuffin
They are certainly not the earliest native inhabitants of Israel

niether are Arabs but i think looking ever backwards is not helping and some more people willing to look forwards would help in the region.

kai

ragamuffin
I recently listened to a Roman Catholic nun who had returned from Israel give accounts (and showed photos) of how the Palestinian people were being treated and I was sickened. There is a demonstration in my village every Friday night in favor of stopping financial aid to Israel and I support them wholeheartedly.

:candle:
Crys

Yes sometimes its a shock for us people that live in a cozy financially well off world of our own to see the conditions of others.I too would like to see peace in the region. Do you demonstrate for Peace and against financial aid to Hamas etc or is this purely an anti Israeli thing?

Bismillah

Submit
OPEC does have some leverage.