• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why the theory of evolution is so important

MJFlores

Statements quoted out of context are never legitimate. And please, if you are going to attempt to use an Italian word Google it first:

capiche - Bing

And you do not seem to understand, if one claims to be 100% right he is almost always wrong. For example if can be shown that there is no.such thing as an exact measurement. This is recognized in the sciences which is why in articles they have what the estimated error bars are.

I am temporarily limiting you to one question per post. We might get somewhere if we follow that format.

verb - transitive. to understand. Used as a question. Pronounced colloquially as "ka-PEESH", and frequently misspelled capish, capeesh, kapish, etc. Joey expects his money by Monday.
What does capisce mean? capisce Definition. Meaning of capisce ...

onlineslangdictionary.com/meaning-definition-of/capisce

capish.jpg

Just following the label....
This is not a spelling bee or is it?
Home - Capish!

If people bank and vouch for something not 100% sure - whatchamacallit?

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Humans did not evolve from chickens, so that is halal / kosher / OK to eat
Eating chickens would not make us cannibals.

However since Humans evolved from fishes, then humans would be dining with their ancestors.
Hence becomes cannibals in the process.
Sounds scary to me.

Humans did not evolve from chickens, so that is halal / kosher / OK to eat
Eating chickens would not make us cannibals.

However since Humans evolved from fishes, then humans would be dining with their ancestors.
Hence becomes cannibals in the process.
Sounds scary to me.

Your over whelming self inflicted ignorance of science continues unabated. Yout own tall tale story telling may be scary to children when forced to eat their fish on Friday

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Dear Seduction Zone,

Disagreement with my post and continued whinings about it is NOT a Rebuttal articulated with merit, but obviously, an EXCUSE, to hide your inability to reason out your foolishness and stupid belief on this thread... that you can NOT even defend intelligently with good reasons.

Included in all my postings, I have provided this thread Scriptural Truth, Scientific Facts, Historical Evidences and Statistical Facts... that you try to continue to ignore, While, so far, all I have seen from you are cut-and-paste articles of other's people that you try to impress upon us.

Come on man, I thought you are better person than that, unless, you consider yourself coming from Apes family too, like your close friends that you hang around with... would that be the case? Is that all you have???

Just asking.
Please,correcting you is not whining. Try again.

And the Bible is not evidence. It is the object in doubt. And if you are unaware of the countless flaws in the Bible you need to ask properly.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Dear Seduction Zone,

Disagreement with my post and continued whinings about it is NOT a Rebuttal articulated with merit, but obviously, an EXCUSE, to hide your inability to reason out your foolishness and stupid belief on this thread... that you can NOT even defend intelligently with good reasons.

Included in all my postings, I have provided this thread Scriptural Truth, Scientific Facts, Historical Evidences and Statistical Facts... that you try to continue to ignore, While, so far, all I have seen from you are cut-and-paste articles of other's people that you try to impress upon us.

Come on man, I thought you are better person than that, unless, you consider yourself coming from Apes family too, like your close friends that you hang around with... would that be the case? Is that all you have???

Just asking.

You have cited scripture yes, but you have not cited any scientific facts, historical evidence, nor meaningful statistical facts.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
verb - transitive. to understand. Used as a question. Pronounced colloquially as "ka-PEESH", and frequently misspelled capish, capeesh, kapish, etc. Joey expects his money by Monday.
What does capisce mean? capisce Definition. Meaning of capisce ...

onlineslangdictionary.com/meaning-definition-of/capisce

View attachment 27970

Just following the label....
This is not a spelling bee or is it?
Home - Capish!

You still need to learn how to vet your sources. It is no wonder that you get so much wrong.

Seve

Dear Godless Evols,

I present You as factual evidence that God made everything that moves, including Humans. All Humans descended from Adam, the first Human.

Science has NO idea How or When we inherited our Human Intelligence, but Moses knew, and told of it more than 3,000 years ago.

This evidence, which agrees with every true discovery of Science, History, is True to Scripture, and shows that You would Not be here, to post your ideas, if Noah had not brought Human Intelligence to this Planet of Apes.

The fact that you can organize a thought, and type it into your computer, separates you from all other animals, and identifies you as "Human".

Mindless Evolution nor Uncaring Nature produced Human Intelligence. That's the Big Lie and that's Evolutionism, the Evol Religion. No Un-Intelligent entity, nor Flawed Theory, ever produced anything. Jesus made it or it's Not here.

Godless Evols, please state factual evidence for EvolutionISM here:

A Vestigial Mote

It could be 500,000 years or 50,000 years or even 5,000 years?
Did you not read what I wrote about the math that can be applied as an "educated guess?"

Also, who cares about science using estimates? Are you trying to say that a discipline that uses estimates can just be ignored or discarded wholesale? Or is it more that you're trying to bring "science", specifically, down to the level of religious belief? 'Cause believe me... From the lofty goals of scientific inquiry and the caliber of evidence those lines of inquiry rely on, religion is a long, LONG way down.

Reminds me of that scene in the movie "Shark Tale":

"... there's whale poo, and then there's you."

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Dear Godless Evols,

I present You as factual evidence that God made everything that moves, including Humans. All Humans descended from Adam, the first Human.

Science has NO idea How or When we inherited our Human Intelligence, but Moses knew, and told of it more than 3,000 years ago.

This evidence, which agrees with every true discovery of Science, History, is True to Scripture, and shows that You would Not be here, to post your ideas, if Noah had not brought Human Intelligence to this Planet of Apes.

The fact that you can organize a thought, and type it into your computer, separates you from all other animals, and identifies you as "Human".

Mindless Evolution nor Uncaring Nature produced Human Intelligence. That's the Big Lie and that's Evolutionism, the Evol Religion. No Un-Intelligent entity, nor Flawed Theory, ever produced anything. Jesus made it or it's Not here.

Godless Evols, please state factual evidence for EvolutionISM here:
Sorry, not reliable evidence. Try again.

Edit: And there is no such thing as "EvolutionISM".

If you want to learn what is and what is not evidence people here will help you.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
When will the theory of the evolution of life from a universe of mindless matter, ever be proven to be factual?
Never. No theory is ever "proven". The theory of gravity will never be proven, but that does not mean that it is wise to jump off of a cliff.

Now if you mean the legal standard of "Proven beyond a reasonable doubt" well that happened over one hundred years ago.

PruePhillip

Why is the theory of evolution so important?

The earth being the center of the universe may have been the first major conflict between religion and the developing science but the theory of evolution now remains the center for conflict. So why is this theory so important to discuss?

I am proposing three reasons

1. Unlike any other explanations for the how life came about evolution is the only one discovered rather than created in the past. Developed over time through careful observation despite what one would desire to believe. The theory crosses all nationalities and religions. As the evidence increased it developed increasing more depth rather than contradiction. It is our one explanation not depended on faith but one what is measured and observed.

2. As important, the theory of evolution shows just how we are related to all life in this world. Different than many creations stories that separate humans from all other life, evolution shows we come from shared ancestry and shared genetics most of which are well preserved through all life forms. All life has differences which make them unique yet evolution we share too much with other life forms to see ourselves as separate.

3. Most important of all the theories Evolution and Ecology intertwine and show just how much we are intimately interconnected. No organism lives alone but all are interdependent and developed the intimate relationships in time shaped by the environmental opportunities and selective pressures. Humans and animals cannot exist without plants cannot, flowers without pollinators fail to reproduce, bacteria are essential for digestion for so many animals, and trees communicate and support each other through fungi. Evolution theory with Ecology theory in combination are the only explanation for this relationship and to ignore this interdependence is to face the fate of so many creatures before us – extinction.

Some Christians felt being the center of the universe was significant.
Not sure if the bible even mentions that. To be nerdy about it - the
center of the universe is yourself.
And many Christians took offense at Darwin - but Genesis says
that life came out of the sea.

MJFlores

Your over whelming self inflicted ignorance of science continues unabated. Yout own tall tale story telling may be scary to children when forced to eat their fish on Friday

Now I am beginning to wonder if Humans were mermaids.
It would be logical that the upper torso would be human while waiting for the lower torso to change.
It won't be like Ariel or Aquaman but rather it would be half ape and half fish.

1200px-thumbnail.jpg

Now that is evolution.

MJFlores

You still need to learn how to vet your sources. It is no wonder that you get so much wrong.

Please answer the question - its large enough that anyone without glasses could read.

MJFlores

Did you not read what I wrote about the math that can be applied as an "educated guess?"

Also, who cares about science using estimates? Are you trying to say that a discipline that uses estimates can just be ignored or discarded wholesale? Or is it more that you're trying to bring "science", specifically, down to the level of religious belief? 'Cause believe me... From the lofty goals of scientific inquiry and the caliber of evidence those lines of inquiry rely on, religion is a long, LONG way down.

Reminds me of that scene in the movie "Shark Tale":

"... there's whale poo, and then there's you."

So could you answer the question:

Love Shark Tale!

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
British English:
If people trust and strongly agree on something they are not 100% sure - what do you call it?

Brother in the Bronx English:
If people trust n' strongly agree on something they ay 100% sure - wha do ya call it?

Jamaican English:
Eff people truss an strongly agree pan sup'm dem nuh 100% sure - wah yuh call it?

Australian English:
if people trust and strawngly agray on somethin thy ahh nawt 100% shooah - whaht do yah cohl ih'?

Scottish English:
If fowk trust 'n' strangly gree oan something they're nae 100% sure - whit dae ye ca' it?

Welish
Os yw pobl yn ymddiried ac yn cytuno'n gryf ar rywbeth nad ydynt yn 100% yn sicr - beth ydych chi'n ei alw?
Nope, still not English. Until you ask it in English: