• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why the theory of evolution is so important

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I put faith on things I understand.
Then seize the day, and enlarge your understanding. You have a long way to go before you can carry on discussion in your own words, without resorting to other people's videos.

sealchan

Sure appearances of people change from generations to generations
But they are still people.
These are made possible through interracial marriages
But then again they are still people.

What I am after is the evolution of one kind of animal to another like the chart below from a YouTube video about evolution:

View attachment 27938

In the chart - it shows the progress of evolution from:
1. Protozoa
2. to a Worm
3. to a Fish
4. Another fish
5. Then another fish
6. Then a reptile
7. Then a rat
8. Then a monkey
9. Then an ape
10. Then finally a homo sapien

See the jumps? From a germ to a worm then to fishes then reptiles then a rodent then monkey to man.
Have anyone seen such transformation? At least witness something like that?
These things are stuff of Hollywood, aren't they?

Some things, like mountains, take much longer than the span of a human life to occur. Have you seen a language change? Has anyone watched as Old English changed to Modern Englush?

MJFlores

You are clealry ignoring the vast evidence of fossil intermediates based on fossil evidence and current evidence of living life today based on your mythological religious agenda.

The evolution of homo sapien is not from apes. Homo sapien and apes evolved from earlier primates by the objective verifiable evidence over millions of years, and not grade D sci-fi movies.

Fossils...yes.

Amazing aren't they?

http://tumblehomelearning.com/top-ten-top-10-fraudulentfake-fossil-cases-in-history/

9 Fossils and Finds That Were Total Fakes

The great dinosaur fossil hoax | Cosmos

I am a fan of Jurassic World!

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member

So what? Yes there were fraudulent and misdescribed fossils, but science removed them from the record.

Still waiting . . .

You avoided the question: Where is the objective verifiable evidence outside the Bible that would support your Creationist mythological assertions?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
So what? Yes there were fraudulent and misdescribed fossils, but science removed them from the record.
And we could also apply the issue of corruption for all the pastors and priests in Christianity that were fraudulent to discredit the entire religion. But, as you correctly point out, science tends to be self-correcting over time, so I do believe it's likely to have a far better record than religion on this.

MJFlores

I take this as an admission that you haven't looked into (or maybe simply haven't understood) the evidence.

What's been observed is the way the world/universe works, and then evidence is also observed that, when combined with knowledge of how the world/universe operates makes the evidence pretty undeniable to anyone who understands it. Look up ERVs and their implications for common descent of apes to humans. The evidence truly is a smoking gun. Evolution is real, and we are related to the other apes. There is really no denying this once you have reviewed that evidence.

Not with the overwhelming body of evidence available it doesn't.

And now here we are, back to you displaying outright that you have no idea what you are talking about. I've already stated to you (as have several others in this thread), that evolution does not include any statement about how "nothing made everything." Evolution doesn't include this. It doesn't. Stop saying it. It only makes you look incredibly dumb and ignorant.

There is absolutely no evidence for this - but it is still not within the purview of evolution anyway.

You have absolutely no way to demonstrate or know this. None. You should probably stop saying this as well.

Overwhelming body of evidence.....

Prokaryote,
Cyanobacteria,
Eukaryote,
Choanoflagellate,
Platyhelminthes(Flatworms),
Pikaia,
Haikouichthys,
Agnatha, Placodermi,
Cephalaspis,
Coelacanth,
Panderichthys,
Tiktaalik,
Acanthostega,
Ichthyostega,
Hynerpeton,
Tulerpeton,
Westlothiana,
Hylonomus,
Phthinosuchus,
Cynognathus,
Repenomamus,
Juramaia,
Plesiadapis,
Carpolestes,
Aegyptopithecus,
Proconsul,
Sivapithecus,
Ouranopithecus,
Orrorin,
Ardipithecus,
Australopithecus,
Homo erectus,
Neanderthal,
Homo sapiens.

From being a microorganism to a human being, that's overwhelming, isn't it?
Now my question - WHO saw a Neanderthal change into a Homo sapien?
Who witness the transformation or evolution?
None? Then the evidence are just guesses and mere imaginations.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member

Prokaryote,
Cyanobacteria,
Eukaryote,
Choanoflagellate,
Pikaia,
Haikouichthys,
Agnatha, Placodermi,
Cephalaspis,
Coelacanth,
Panderichthys,
Tiktaalik,
Acanthostega,
Ichthyostega,
Hynerpeton,
Tulerpeton,
Westlothiana,
Hylonomus,
Phthinosuchus,
Cynognathus,
Repenomamus,
Juramaia,
Plesiadapis,
Carpolestes,
Aegyptopithecus,
Proconsul,
Sivapithecus,
Ouranopithecus,
Orrorin,
Ardipithecus,
Australopithecus,
Homo erectus,
Neanderthal,
Homo sapiens.

The objective verifiable evidence of fossils and genetics has determined the relationship between Neanderthals and humans. There is no evidence, nor claim in science that Neanderthals 'changed' into humans.

Your bogus self-imposed ignorance in science is blatantly obvious.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Science is studying the evolution of the sons of God (prehistoric mankind) INSTEAD of Humans, who are the descendants of Adam, the common ancestor of ALL Humans

Today's Evols and some Religionist are totally ignorant that Human blood was contaminated by the blood of the common ancestor of Apes because Noah's grandsons had NO other humans to marry. They married the descendants of the sons of God (Prehistoric people) who were ALREADY here when Noah arrived. In the past, some 10-11k years ago, Humans have been scattered over the whole face of our Planet. Gen 11:9

Adam was formed of the dust of the ground on the 3rd Day, the SAME Day as the Big Bang of our Cosmos, or some 13.7 Billion years ago in man's time. Adam was made with a higher intelligence level than ANY creature whose origin was in the water on the 5th Day, because Adam had an intelligence like God's. Gen 3:22

Of course, it is IMPOSSIBLE for Adam, the first Human, to have evolved from the common ancestor of Apes since our Earth is only 4.53 Billion years old, and Adam had been around for Billions of years before then.

Adam's direct descendant, Noah, arrived on our Earth - after their world was totally destroyed in the flood - some 11k years ago. Human civilization, on this Planet, can be traced to Noah’s arrival in the vicinity of Mt. Ararat. History agrees and odd man out is the False ToE which is "willingly ignorant" 2Pe 3:5 of our true Human origins. You can read of the sexual compatibility of the sons of God (prehistoric mankind) and Adam's descendants in Genesis 6:1-4.
The Bible is largely a book of myths in this regard. Why believe it?

MJFlores

Some things, like mountains, take much longer than the span of a human life to occur. Have you seen a language change? Has anyone watched as Old English changed to Modern Englush?

It is still language not an evolution
Adaptation is not evolution
I have not seen English change because it is a borrowed language for me and a 100 M Filipinos.
However, I have seen dialects die out
Not used when generations rather speak the national language than the provincial dialect.

If it takes a billion million or thousands of years
Then observing becomes impossible
Darwin himself did not have that infinite number of years to
accomplish, prove and determine with certainty his science
I think it is Darwin's guesses
And people are banking that he is right
and that is putting a blind faith on a man like Charles Darwin,
whom people haven't met or shook hands with.

So we are indeed basically the same.
I believe in the teachings of a man named Jesus Christ
whom I haven't met or shook hands with
I just read his teachings, believed in it and have placed my faith on these teachings.

People have Darwin
I have Jesus
We believe and have faith on them.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Apes and their descendants don't grow crops. This was true until the last less than 1% of the time since science teaches that "humans" diverged from Chimps, which was 6 Million years ago and these "humans" NEVER grew a crop. When you pin them down, they say that humans didn't become "fully human" until 200k years ago.

Of course they then cannot explain WHY it took some 190k years before these "humans" grew themselves something to eat. The answer is simple. Prehistoric people, who descended from animals, did NOT have the Human intelligence which ONLY the descendants of Adam, the first Human, was made with. Adam's descendants arrived on the Ark and human farming began.

Since prehistoric people began to diverge from Chimps some 6 Million years ago, this means that for more than 99% of the time since then, prehistoric people NEVER planted a crop, built a house, or had ANY of the traits of modern Humans. This is because they were NOT humans since they did NOT descend from Adam. Only the descendants of Adam are Humans.

Science agrees that prehistoric mankind evolved from the water along with every other living creature Gen 1:21, since living cells cannot live without liquid water. Adam was a Special Creation, made to be an Eternal Being like God. Adam was FIRST made Gen 2:4-7 and had an intelligence like God's, Gen 3:22 which is superior to any other living creature, since Humans are destined to have dominion over Heaven. Gen 1:28

Prehistoric man was NOT made with an intelligence level like God's but was made to be compatible with Humans sexually. This happened on the 5th Day when God (Elohim-The Trinity) created and brought forth from the water EVERY living creature that moves EXCEPT Humans, since Adam had lived with Jesus for Billions of years BEFORE these creatures were made from the water on the 5th Day. Gen 1:21
Some do. You are an ape. You have relatives that grow crops. And the request was for a biological difference, not a behavioral one. Your failure tells us that you are an ape too.

And can you please make a point without cluttering up your answer with nonsense. The extraneous garbage in your posts make it look as if you might not be all there. As Joe Friday said "Just the facts maam."

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
It is still language not an evolution
Adaptation is not evolution
I have not seen English change because it is a borrowed language for me and a 100 M Filipinos.
However, I have seen dialects die out
Not used when generations rather speak the national language than the provincial dialect.

If it takes a billion million or thousands of years
Then observing becomes impossible
Darwin himself did not have that infinite number of years to
accomplish, prove and determine with certainty his science
I think it is Darwin's guesses
And people are banking that he is right
and that is putting a blind faith on a man like Charles Darwin,
whom people haven't met or shook hands with.

So we are indeed basically the same.
I believe in the teachings of a man named Jesus Christ
whom I haven't met or shook hands with
I just read his teachings, believed in it and have placed my faith on these teachings.

People have Darwin
I have Jesus
We believe and have faith on them.
Cottection, just because you do not know how to observe something does not mean that others do not know.

You really need to learn the scientific method and what is and what is not evidence. Right now almost every post that you write here tells us of your lack of education.

MJFlores

Odd irrational response!

Humans evolved from fishes, not were fishes.

Humans did not evolve from chickens, so that is halal / kosher / OK to eat
Eating chickens would not make us cannibals.

However since Humans evolved from fishes, then humans would be dining with their ancestors.
Hence becomes cannibals in the process.
Sounds scary to me.

MJFlores

Prove it. I already explained why you are an ape and gave you an article to read. Strangely enough it is extremely obvious that you are an ape you deny it, the slightly less obvious facts such as being a mammal and being a vertebrate you accept.

I'm sorry but some people do not look like apes at all.

Some do. You are an ape. You have relatives that grow crops. And the request was for a biological difference, not a behavioral one. Your failure tells us that you are an ape too.

And can you please make a point without cluttering up your answer with nonsense. The extraneous garbage in your posts make it look as if you might not be all there. As Joe Friday said "Just the facts maam."

Cottection, just because you do not know how to observe something does not mean that others do not know.

You really need to learn the scientific method and what is and what is not evidence. Right now almost every post that you write here tells us of your lack of education.

Lack of education is better than behaving like an ape.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
To use Desmond Morris' title, we are "The Naked Ape", which not only applies to much of our appearance but also much of our behavior.

A Vestigial Mote

Prokaryote,
Cyanobacteria,
Eukaryote,
Choanoflagellate,
Pikaia,
Haikouichthys,
Agnatha, Placodermi,
Cephalaspis,
Coelacanth,
Panderichthys,
Tiktaalik,
Acanthostega,
Ichthyostega,
Hynerpeton,
Tulerpeton,
Westlothiana,
Hylonomus,
Phthinosuchus,
Cynognathus,
Repenomamus,
Juramaia,
Plesiadapis,
Carpolestes,
Aegyptopithecus,
Proconsul,
Sivapithecus,
Ouranopithecus,
Orrorin,
Ardipithecus,
Australopithecus,
Homo erectus,
Neanderthal,
Homo sapiens.

Is the video and list you posted supposed to serve as evidence for creation? Or evidence against evolution? The video is incredibly simplistic... not nearly supposed to serve as evidence of anything. It is a high-level description of a possible route life took from relatively simplistic to complex. It isn't "evidence" of anything... just an animated description. I certainly don't accept what it presents as "canon." It is nearly worthless except as an introduction to the idea of evolution.

So, I took a look at your stuff... did you happen to read up on the subject of ERVs (endogenous retroviruses)? Here are links to videos on YouTube that break it down pretty well. These are two in a series. The first explaining what ERVs are and how they end up being expressed within animal DNA, and the second delves into the relationship that is evidenced between humans and the other primates due to the fact that we all share thousands upon thousands of segments of the same viral genetic code inserted into the same sites within our DNA. And the only way for us to share this high a percentage of insertion sites and viruses (due to the fairly random way in which viruses affect a site genetically) is through common ancestry. The videos:

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
"A typical cell is only one thousandth of an inch [0.03 mm] across! In that infinitesimal space, complex functions vital to life are occurring. (See diagram, pages 8-9.) Little wonder that it has been said: “The bottom line is that the cell—the very basis of life—is staggeringly complex.”

The cell can function only as a complete entity. Thus, it cannot be viable while being formed by slow, gradual changes induced by evolution.

A mousetrap, for example is a simple apparatus which can function only when all its components are assembled. Each component on its own—platform, spring, holding bar, trap hammer, catch—is not a mousetrap and cannot function as such. All the parts are needed simultaneously and have to be assembled for there to be a working trap. Likewise, a cell can function as such only when all its components are assembled"....which leads to the problem of “irreducible complexity.”

"Darwin knew that his theory of gradual evolution by natural selection faced a big challenge when he said: If it could be demonstrated that any complex organ existed, which could not possibly have been formed by numerous, successive, slight modifications, my theory would absolutely break down.”Origin of Species.

Another example of irreducible complexity is a process most of us take for granted when we cut ourselves—blood clotting. Normally, any liquid will immediately leak out of a punctured container and will do so until the container is empty. Yet, when we puncture or cut our skin, the leak is quickly sealed by the formation of a clot. However, as doctors know, “blood clotting is a very complex, intricately woven system consisting of a score of interdependent protein parts.” These activate what is called a clotting cascade. This delicate healing process “depends critically on the timing and speed at which the different reactions occur.” Otherwise, a person could have all of his blood clotting and solidifying, or on the other hand, he could bleed to death."

Is Evolution’s Foundation Missing? — Watchtower ONLINE LIBRARY

Why do we never see these examples raised?
Because it was all debunked long ago.