• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why the Jesus sacrifice?

Skyrim25

Shermana

1. You're welcome to whatever ignorant, whacky interpretations you want, but the Pharisees and Sadducees had added their own twistings to the same law they went by that Moses went by, which means drastic differences.

Except it isnt Different. In order to establish twists or...falsehood... in a law or teaching, then that law or teaching is NOT justifiable means to be judged according to it. Do you know what that means? It is because Moses's law is unjust and or flawed. Why is it flawed then? Because as Romans points out the matters of the spirit cant be judged by the flesh and the flesh cant be judged by the spirit. MOSES"S LAW WAS ALL ABOUT BRINGING THE MATTERS OF THE FLESH to be judged according to the spirit(like most religions still do today). LISTEN CAREFULLY, When you establish god law as...THE...law over all things then you as a high priest can make up any crap you want and say that its god will. Even Moses himself did this when he came down from Mt Zion with the 10 Commandments and said that God is a jealous God(meaning selfish God) and they all had to obey. What is more PROOF of this is the fact that Jesus himself is being judged in the SAME manner. I guess this is hard to understand.

The same IDEALS doesn't matter in regards to your point. I asked you several times to point to a verse about these "laws of the flesh". You have refused. I wonder why.

Iam not going to go over the whole book of Romans if your just going to shoot it down because it is going against your beliefs. so whats the point. If you are really interested in that topic of what I said then read over it. When I say that its the whole book of romans iam not kidding.

I also mentioned that in your view, it's not a problem for a Father to marry his daughter, or to marry your sister. You had no reply to this. I wonder why that is.

When did I ever say this^? If no one is being forced into anything then they are welcome to do as they please...yes it is weird from my point of view to marry your family member but if no one is being harmed then there is no crime!

With that said, nothing in your point remotely against what Jesus, who called the Canaanite woman a dog, teaches. He never says the Laws of Moses are wrong. In fact he says EVERY IOTA will remain standing. That little "every iota" part gets people like you and your antinomian Christian friends squirming every time.

Antinomian Christians?...Thanks for labeling me something that iam not...You just did to me what the High priests did to Jesus! I bet you would have killed the Messiah as well if he came in your time. If not then you would not be calling me labels and blasphemy on me. The canaanite women knew the word of God Jesus rewards her for it. She had wisdom. you need to read about the Canaanite women again.

You don't even acknowledge that it could be you either. You simply want to impose your own theological concepts onto me and then kick and scream when I refuse and point out the flaws in your reasoning, and your woeful ignorance of what the text says.

Let me explain everything in Gods green earth that is wrong with this statement^...
You have pointed nothing out that disproves my views. As in the first part of my answer at the top of this page^ Also I have also said many times that I have been in the box and thats why i question everything

I ask you once again, let's just settle it like this, since obviously nothing I say, no matter how logical or coherent, is going to get through to you and you're simply going to come back insisting how I'm wrong and how my God is evil. If you refuse to do it this time, I see no point in continuing this.

Here's how it works.

You say "Let the one of us who is speaking lies and heresies be brought to shame and silence". Let's make it more interesting. Let's add" Be brought to total poverty" as well. If you refuse, I'll know you don't really want to put your money where your mouth is.

Hook, line and sinker!^^^^^^ Let me answer then(money were my mouth is)!
You said..."Heres how it works" and then you also said..."That's the way I handle it". So let me get this correct then, In order to have a good debate with you we have to follow YOUR rules under YOUR guidelines? How is that fair.

Anyway I will answer despite your claims to be "logical or coherent" in YOUR debate since I cant have a say.

That's the way I handle it when I deal with crackpots like yourself who have no understanding how debate works and just want to vomit their own beliefs onto the table as if they're matter of fact regardless the thread topic.

In your attempt to set a biased and single minded standard with no understanding of how a debate works yet tell me that Iam the crackpot you forgot to mention the question!

Okay, what does it have to do with the main topic? Are you saying Jesus's sacrifice was purely just an act of being martyred?

No, Jesus's act was an act of forgiveness to his people(and everyone not just the Jews) for there crimes against the Canaanites and by the SAME standard the jews used to commit murder Jesus is JUDGED BY THE SAME STANDARD and is killed on the SAME standard as the Canaanites were...Promise Land!(revelations)

He most certainly is by many Torah obedient Jews. Just not by the Majority. Point irrelevant.

He was NOT welcomed under the covenant of Moses( the law). Remember he was judged by it. There is a difference from the ones in power to the ones not in power that may or may not have different views. Its clear that not all of the Jews are like minded. However MOST do NOT accept him as the Messiah(keep that in mind there is a reason for it and it leads back to Moses's teachings).

Because the High Priests assumed he was blaspheming by claiming to be THE son of god. Point irrelevant.

Because he said that HE IS the son of God. they even ask him and he says..."I AM".

Oh, something new here. What was this flaw in the law exactly?

(Face Palm) Iam not going over this for the 12 time now. The Flaw is stated in my first statement to this post. Either your not actually reading what I say or your not comprehending anything in three dimensional way. I forget that religion only has two dimensional logic.

You should write a book, fiction is really big these days. And with fiction you don't have to actually have any scholar that agrees! You're set!

Yeah, its called the bible. Most of it is historical but there is alot that has been changed over time and its not written by god. it was written by man's views on it. Notice that many stories of are different with different ethical views of god or moral views and standards.

Again, the kingdom of God is much different than the "Promised land". Your view is so convoluted I can't even begin to try to talk reason with you.

Revelations says other wise. the Kingdom is brought down from heaven to earth in "new Jerusalem"(promise land) but as revelations points out as well as Jesus's actions the promise land is in you and the kingdom of God is to be made in you!

Last edited:

Shermana

Heretic
Skyrim, it's an utter waste of time even replying to you, you won't listen to what I say, you simply double down on your nonsensical baseless ideas like the Kingdom of Heaven and the New Jerusalem and the Promised Land all being the exact same concept (Though I believe the New Jerusalem represents the future borders of the Third Kingdom of Israel in the future) if anyone else reading feels you have somehow disproven anything I said or substantiated your own views somehow, more power to them.

I've told you several times to start a new thread that's actually relevant to whatever it is you're trying to preach like your ineffectual uncaring God who lets innocents get butchered because "balance is necessary" (sounds even more barbaric than whatever you're accusing mine of). Why don't you want to do that?

Last edited:

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Skyrim said:
Iam sure that historians disagree that the civil rights "ideas" are from ancient times. If it was then it would have been applied long ago, language had nothing to do with it. Back then slaves was not seen as an evil thing but more a place in life among society.
I know some history and have met some actual historians, and most modern ideas are from ancient times. Ancient Greece, for example, was a place where a freedom movement fomented. That is not the only case, and freedom is a very ancient concept. Employment was not seen as evil, but slavery always has been. People are the same today as we were then, and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that cruelty is wrong.

the problem was that most people back then were not educated and it made the evolution of society evolve slower. Ever since the information age ideas are able to come together a lot faster and we get smarter with things like right and wrong(like philosophy).
The information age began during my lifetime. Besides its unfair to pretend like wealthier societies are 'More evolved'. They're just wealthier. Technology doesn't always make things better or people smarter, either. Fact is that our modern society isn't much different from wealthy ancient societies in terms of ideals about freedom, family and patriotism. These ideas have been around for ages.

Call_of_the_Wild

So your comment had nothing to do with the topic at hand, did it?

Which comment? My original comment DID. Anything after that was me responding to bogus comments from others, yourself included.

If you believe this, that's your business. But it's logically incoherent to defend it with some sort of appeal to justice. When the innocent are punished and the guilty go free, it's a miscarriage of justice, not a fulfillment of it.

I've already given a circumstance at which the guilty don't go unpunished. So therefore the above quote is irrelevant.

Skyrim25

Skyrim, it's an utter waste of time even replying to you, you won't listen to what I say, you simply double down on your nonsensical baseless ideas like the Kingdom of Heaven and the New Jerusalem and the Promised Land all being the exact same concept (Though I believe the New Jerusalem represents the future borders of the Third Kingdom of Israel in the future) if anyone else reading feels you have somehow disproven anything I said or substantiated your own views somehow, more power to them.

I've told you several times to start a new thread that's actually relevant to whatever it is you're trying to preach like your ineffectual uncaring God who lets innocents get butchered because "balance is necessary" (sounds even more barbaric than whatever you're accusing mine of). Why don't you want to do that?

I never said that they were the same concept...again you misunderstood. The Promise Land is what the Kingdom of God is to be built on. By Jesus's standards and actions that land and kingdom are in our us.

Do you really believe that the promise land and the kingdom are actually "meaningless" land (Moses is the ONLY one that has said it was land btw)?...So we dont carry the kingdom inside us(which is more meaningful btw)?

I also NEVER said that God butchered anyone or letting anyone be killed for "balance". To create free will and a mind that can understand its free will is how sin is created...WE... maintain this balance through the good(Gods power in us) in us! WE...must solve our own problems(sin) or lose our free will(its one or the other). That is what your not understanding. Your view is that God is causing people to die for his own SELFISH glory...Iam saying that God is letting us use his power of goodness(love,mercy,grace) to so people DO NOT suffer at the hands of OTHERS(sin). This is what your getting confused about the "balance" topic!

Your the one that is backing up a child killing and innocent killing God not me. Iam trying to talk to you in a three dimensional way and your understanding me in a two dimensional way(case in point with the "balance" topic).

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Which comment? My original comment DID. Anything after that was me responding to bogus comments from others, yourself included.
I'm talking about this comment:

God's holiness cannot allow sin to go unpunished. Some kind of a sacrifice had to be made. Instead of having man continue to slaughter animals for their sins, Jesus' death was sort of a "one stop" for salvation. His death alone is enough to pay the penalty for sins, and all we have to do is simply believe that he did, and we are saved.
You've argued:

- Jesus was punished for our sins because someone had to be punished if we weren't punished ourselves.
- We're punished for our sins in the form of things like stubbed toes.

These two claims are contradictory.

I've already given a circumstance at which the guilty don't go unpunished. So therefore the above quote is irrelevant.
What on Earth are you talking about?

Skyrim25

I know some history and have met some actual historians, and most modern ideas are from ancient times. Ancient Greece, for example, was a place where a freedom movement fomented. That is not the only case, and freedom is a very ancient concept. Employment was not seen as evil, but slavery always has been. People are the same today as we were then, and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that cruelty is wrong.

The information age began during my lifetime. Besides its unfair to pretend like wealthier societies are 'More evolved'. They're just wealthier. Technology doesn't always make things better or people smarter, either. Fact is that our modern society isn't much different from wealthy ancient societies in terms of ideals about freedom, family and patriotism. These ideas have been around for ages.

I understand what your saying(and I agree with you btw) but I think that your getting some things mixed up.

The freedom movement (or idea) is not to be confused with modern civil rights or civil rights itself.

As far as slavery goes, it has been made know since man could be in-slaved that slavery was not to be a good thing for "that" person. However if you look at the times starting from ancient Greece to Romans to Medieval to revolution times to Modern times you can see an evolution of how it is viewed and with each time it is seen as more negative because Logic and reason are evolving(just like Cultures and society also evolve over time). Let me explain...

1.In ancient Greece slavery was seen as a "lowly" existence but it was still accepted by those in-slaved because it "was their place in life for the glory of there state". This was true in other nations in that time as well.

2.In Roman times slavery was also seen as "their place in life for the glory of the empire" but it was around this time that people were getting smarter and people began to see it as unfair. Slaves would start to rebel and start wars against that every empire.

3.In Medieval times slavery was something that no one wanted to be in because like the past age people were getting smart enough to know that it was not a good thing but the difference then as to today was that VERY LITTLE people actually cared about slavery in those times.

4.In the revolution time(1700-1800) frame slavery is seem bad by almost everyone now(even nations). People started to care about people in-slaved in this time period more then ever.

5.In the Modern age it is not only a crime to in-slave but almost everyone in the world is against it and will actually take action against slavery more then other past time periods.

It evolves with each time period.

The ideas of right and wrong have been evolving and its the same with people back in Moses's time and how Moses's people offered men, women and children(Canaanites) as a sacrifice to there God...Today that is seen a pure evil but back then is was in the name of good and salvation!

Last edited:

Skyrim25

Brickjectivity

in my last topic I mentioned this...

The ideas of right and wrong have been evolving and its the same with people back in Moses's time and how Moses's people offered men, women and children(Canaanites) as a sacrifice to there God...Today that is seen a pure evil but back then is was in the name of good and salvation!

I think that Jesus was ahead of his time(proof he knew God more then anyone even Moses). He understood right and wrong and maybe the reason he didnt speak at his trial as he may have wanted to be killed to prove his point of them not knowing right and wrong( good vs evil ). Moses's People did not understand right and wrong! I think that Jesus would have condemned the actions of Moses's people's conquest into Canaan. I think his actions on the cross prove without a doubt that he condemned there actions. If Jesus didnt condemn there actions of Moses's people on the Canaanites then he would have had the blasphemers(ones who judged him) killed as God(so Moses says God did) did to the Canaanites instead of dying without a fight and saying "forgive them, they know not what they do".

Last edited:

Shermana

Heretic
Your the one that is backing up a child killing and innocent killing God not me

First off, in my religion, they're not innocent. You're the one who's imposing your idea that they are innocent upon my biblical context.

Second off, your god allows the innocent to be butchered and massacred. In my belief, they all deserve it, even if most Jews and Christians aren't familiar or accept the idea of reincarnation, I believe that this may have been the common mindset back when it was written, that all suffering was based on a series of judgments similar to Karma.

Third off, you brushed off my request to quote a verse as "I'm not going to go through Romans because you'll shoot it down wah wah".

Fourth off, you said that a Father is free to marry his daughter if they consent.

Fifth off, I told you to start a new thread if you want to preach and insist and assert your weak ineffectual father-daughter-marriage-condoning god.

Sixth off, you prove that you don't even know the basic NT you're talking about when you say

Because he said that HE IS the son of God. they even ask him and he says..."I AM".

you're confusing John 8:58 with something else, when he says "I am", he is talking about being older than Abraham. Further demontrating that you have not even read what you claim to be talking about, such as when you insisted the text doesn't indicate that the generation of Moses all died out first save one or two people before entering the land.

Seventh, your idea that Jesus being killed by the law against blasphemy is somehow comparable to the law of conquest against the Canaanites merely because they come from the same set of laws is absolutely stupid. It's irrelevant.

Eighth, you are completely ignoring what Jesus says about the totality of the Law of Moses, how even in Acts 21 the Jerusalem Church indicates that holding to the Law of Moses is binding, and when Jesus mentions Moses. You are basically proposing a bunch of claptrap revisionism in which you don't even know what the text says that you're trying to write off.

Ninth, you flat out refused a simple request to join me in asking for the one speaking lies to be put to shame and silence. For some reason those who I have to resort to using this on always are too afraid to do so except in rare occasions.

Several times now you have indicated a complete lack of familiarity with the text, so it's rather ridiculous to even address you.

Last edited:

Skyrim25

First off, in my religion, they're not innocent. You're the one who's imposing your idea that they are innocent upon my biblical context.

Second off, your god allows the innocent to be butchered and massacred. In my belief, they all deserve it, even if most Jews and Christians aren't familiar or accept the idea of reincarnation, I believe that this may have been the common mindset back when it was written, that all suffering was based on a series of judgments similar to Karma.

Third off, you brushed off my request to quote a verse as "I'm not going to go through Romans because you'll shoot it down wah wah".

Fourth off, you said that a Father is free to marry his daughter if they consent.

Fifth off, I told you to start a new thread if you want to preach and insist and assert your weak ineffectual father-daughter-marriage-condoning god.

Sixth off, you prove that you don't even know the basic NT you're talking about when you say

you're confusing John 8:58 with something else, when he says "I am", he is talking about being older than Abraham. Further demontrating that you have not even read what you claim to be talking about, such as when you insisted the text doesn't indicate that the generation of Moses all died out first save one or two people before entering the land.

Seventh, your idea that Jesus being killed by the law against blasphemy is somehow comparable to the law of conquest against the Canaanites merely because they come from the same set of laws is absolutely stupid. It's irrelevant.

Eighth, you are completely ignoring what Jesus says about the totality of the Law of Moses, how even in Acts 21 the Jerusalem Church indicates that holding to the Law of Moses is binding, and when Jesus mentions Moses. You are basically proposing a bunch of claptrap revisionism in which you don't even know what the text says that you're trying to write off.

Ninth, you flat out refused a simple request to join me in asking for the one speaking lies to be put to shame and silence. For some reason those who I have to resort to using this on always are too afraid to do so except in rare occasions.

Several times now you have indicated a complete lack of familiarity with the text, so it's rather ridiculous to even address you.

1. Regardless if they are innocent or not is not an excuse to kill there ENTIRE families. History disagrees with you and it says that they are nomads(peaceful people) Here is something for YOU to note...There are plenty of evil people back then and they...just...happen...to...pick...the people to kill as the ones...being...on..."their"...land as per the promise land(told by Moses) and you dont see that as being the excuse to...JUST...kill the Canaanites and no one else?...it had EVERYTHING to do with the land and not necessarily with the people! In the bible it says they offered them as a sacrifice to God and you dont see sacrifice of entire families(or anyone for that matter) as evil? Even animal sacrifices are seen as evil today because sacrifices of people or animals DOES NOTHING FOR salvation of sins for the one performing it. Something else Moses ALSO got wrong as well(animal and people sacrifices). What does your sin have anything to do with a dead animal you just killed?

2. My version of God does not allow or lets people die. You didnt listen at all or read what past explanation. My version of God empowers us to help other instead of God fixing everything because that would take our free will away. My god dose not sit back and lets hunger kill this world...If we sit back then it is a reflection of Gods evil nature but as it stands that we have caring loving nature and PROVES my statement correct!

3. Fine, here it is...Romans 7:4–6
So, my brothers and sisters, you also died to the law through the body of Christ, that you might belong to another, to him who was raised from the dead, in order that we might bear fruit for God. For when we were in the realm of the flesh, the sinful passions aroused by the law were at work in us, so that we bore fruit for death. But now, by dying to what once bound us, we have been released from the law so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit, and not in the old way of the written code.

Also...

For I joyfully concur with the law of God in the inner man, but I see a different law in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind, and making me a prisoner of the law of sin which is in my members. Wretched man that I am! Who will set me free from the body of this death? Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, on the one hand I myself with my mind am serving the law of God, but on the other, with my flesh the law of sin. Romans 7:22-25

This is just one of example of the Law that Moses got wrong yet states that the law is good but not in the way Moses taught it^ Its why Jesus died and was judged according to MOSES'S LAW that gave him death(an unjust death because he didnt do anything wrong)!

4. You and I AGREE that its NOT smart or wise to marry your daughter(and in this country of the U.S. its illegal, and I agree with that but from a moral stand point as long as on one is being harmed then thats THERE business). However its not a evil because no one is harming any one or anything. Its just like gay people...we mite think its weird but its not wrong and I support gays. Do you hate gays like your god(God of Moses) does like the bible says? My God(God of Jesus) loves everyone as it says as well!

5. Iam not answering that one because it is not true of me or my God. Your not understanding me at all.

6. This is what is said in Mark... Again the high priest asked him, and said unto him, Art thou the Christ, the Son of the Blessed? And Jesus said, I am: and ye shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.

It says this in Matthew... I adjure thee by the living God, that thou tell us whether thou be the Christ, the Son of God.

He does say "IAM" and in the other book of Matthew he does not say IAM but he says that he IS the son of God.

7. No, your not getting it, your not even close and maybe why you cant see where Iam coming from then. The same simple minded philosophies and low level of mental understanding of right and wrong that got the Canaanites killed is the same lack of understanding of right in wrong within the law of Moses that... ALSO... gets Jesus judged and killed.

8. He mentions that they are binding but it also says that there is a difference in that the law of the flesh is not to be brought into the laws of the spirit and judged as a SINGLE law. Moses laws are binding but are separate but in Jesus's trial they are brought together to use the flesh(law) to judge the spirit(the other law) as he is judged for blasphemy(this is how you can tell he is wrongfully judged). He commits no crime(laws of the flesh) but is judged and killed for blasphemy(law of the spirit).

9. Why would being silent have anything to do with who is right or wrong? Jesus was silent most of his trial, does that mean that the High Priests were right on there views of him? Shame is the one that trespasses on another. Your version of god is one from the bible based on someones else's beliefs on the matter...here is an example of what Iam talking about...

-Galatians 5:19-20 Jealousy is a sin!
-Exodus- 34:14 For I am a Jealous God!

My understand comes from the bible as well but it also comes from history as well as basic understandings of right and wrong. Yours only comes from a book that is not even written by God. By understanding some basic commonsense and reasons you can CLEARLY see what parts of the bible are wrong and what parts are right.

Last edited:

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Brickjectivity

in my last topic I mentioned this...

I think that Jesus was ahead of his time(proof he knew God more then anyone even Moses). He understood right and wrong and maybe the reason he didnt speak at his trial as he may have wanted to be killed to prove his point of them not knowing right and wrong( good vs evil ). Moses's People did not understand right and wrong! I think that Jesus would have condemned the actions of Moses's people's conquest into Canaan. I think his actions on the cross prove without a doubt that he condemned there actions. If Jesus didnt condemn there actions of Moses's people on the Canaanites then he would have had the blasphemers(ones who judged him) killed as God(so Moses says God did) did to the Canaanites instead of dying without a fight and saying "forgive them, they know not what they do".

Actually he made the choice to be the Sacrifice - as far as I'm concerned - in an ancient tradition.

They came to make him KING - but he headed for the hills.

Then he decided to become the Sacrifice, and came back down.

He told his disciples that he had to do certain things. He was anointed, rode on "donkeys", over fronds, he was crowned, etc. Then he was killed as the Paschal Sacrifice that he chose to be.

BEFORE he went to the cross - he said these things.

Mat 26:53 Thinkest thou that I cannot now pray to my Father, and he shall presently give me more than twelve legions of angels?
Mat 26:54 But how then shall the scriptures be fulfilled, that thus it must be?

And this –

Mat 26:1 And it came to pass, when Jesus had finished all these sayings, he said unto his disciples,
Mat 26:2 Ye know that after two days is the feast of the Passover, and the Son of man is betrayed to be crucified.

He was not abandoned at the last minute, he was doing what he wanted to do.

Shermana

Heretic
He does say "IAM" and in the other book of Matthew he does not say IAM but he says that he IS the son of God.

Another book of Matthew? What is this other book of Matthew and where's there a controversial use of "I AM" in the original Matthew?

By the way, Jesus does not say I am in Matthew 26:64 as Skyrim here insists multiple times. Once again proving that SKYRIM HAS NOT READ OR BOTHERS TO CHECK IT.

Here's what Jesus says in Matthew 26:64:

"You have said so," Jesus replied. "But I say to all of you: From now on you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven."

I really don't know what else to say about someone so adamant in his position who can't take the 10 seconds to look it up. Crackpottery is getting worse and worse these days. You'd think they'd at least want to pretend like they have a somewhat solid knowledge of the text.

Perhaps Skyrim has some super secret book of the Bible no one else has access to, because of course he's not just too lazy and/or dishonest to look it up or anything.

He mentions that they are binding but it also says that there is a difference in that the law of the flesh is not to be brought into the laws of the spirit and judged as a SINGLE law.

A further example of Skyrim confusing what he thinks the Bible says with what the Bible actually says. And if we ask him to bring up which verses he's talking about, he'll once again say there's no point in doing so since I'll just write it off.

-Galatians 5:19-20 Jealousy is a sin!
-Exodus- 34:14 For I am a Jealous God!

And Skyrim has no concept of the difference between human jealousy and the idea of a Divine Being who would be jealous of his subjects leaving him for another god.

I see no real reason to further respond to this guy who thinks that Fathers marrying their daughters is perfectly okay with his god.

Last edited:

Skyrim25

Actually he made the choice to be the Sacrifice - as far as I'm concerned - in an ancient tradition.

They came to make him KING - but he headed for the hills.

Then he decided to become the Sacrifice, and came back down.

He told his disciples that he had to do certain things. He was anointed, rode on "donkeys", over fronds, he was crowned, etc. Then he was killed as the Paschal Sacrifice that he chose to be.

BEFORE he went to the cross - he said these things.

Mat 26:53 Thinkest thou that I cannot now pray to my Father, and he shall presently give me more than twelve legions of angels?
Mat 26:54 But how then shall the scriptures be fulfilled, that thus it must be?

And this –

Mat 26:1 And it came to pass, when Jesus had finished all these sayings, he said unto his disciples,
Mat 26:2 Ye know that after two days is the feast of the Passover, and the Son of man is betrayed to be crucified.

He was not abandoned at the last minute, he was doing what he wanted to do.

He made the choice to be the sacrifice to show that the laws of Moses were wrong by being judged unfairly by that law he would then show its faults. He also died because of what his people did to the Canaanites. Point is,is that there is a difference in a willing sacrifice and a non-willing sacrifice. The Canaanites were sacrificed against there own will.

Sacrifices back then were a means of showing they were committed to "your" God...thats it! Killing something does NOT get rid of sin it just adds more sin because now you have killed someone.

No, They were only trying to make him king UNTIL he blasphemed against the law and against the temple. He then claimed to be the son of god and the Messiah. It was after this claim that they "knew" that he was not the Messiah because of his difference in opinion of the Kingdom of God. Then they seek to kill him ACCORDING to the laws of Moses/covenant.

Sacrifices were ONLY symbolic back then. They didnt actually do anything or accomplish anything...

Jesus chose a different Promise Land for the Kingdom of God then what the Jewish people had in mind according to Moses....His crown was made in HIS own pain(symbolizing that HIS crown is NOT of glory but of a SELFLESS God that would NEVER let innocent die before he would die himself/his son...again proving Moses's people's actions wrong. They did NOT know the heart of God, Jesus's actions were the proof of that)...His "Throne" was not of gold...it was made of wood, he was nailed to it(symbolizing that he was not in a position of high and mighty to be worshiped and awed, he was a victim of a broken law but forgiveness was his "seat of power"...again proving Moses's peoples actions were wrong)...His promise land was NOT restricted to Moses's people(Canaan) but the Promise land was in the hearts of ALL( his execution outside the walls of the city where his throne is was symbolic of that). All are now welcome into the promise land for Jesus has sent the kingdom of God DOWN to earth as it was for told in revelations.

"We are not under the law, but under grace" (Romans 6:15).

"Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loves another has fulfilled the law " (Romans 13:8).

Even the Ten Commandments (the holiest part of the Law) has come to be a "ministration of death" (2 Corinthians 3:7). Its "glory was to be done away" (2 Corinthians 3:7). Paul spoke of its conclusion as "that which is abolished" (2 Corinthians 3:13).

We are now "dead to the Law" (Romans 7:4);

That they have been "delivered from the Law" (Romans 7:6);

"I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and your seed may live."
Deuteronomy 30:19

( This talks about Moses's people and what they have become)For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God. (Romans 10)

The Jewish people chose Death in both the Canaanites and Jesus. Did the Jews love the Canaanites as God says to love everyone?...NO, they killed them(they break 4 of there own COMMANDMENTS in a single act)! It is this reason that Jesus can not take the throne itself in the temple without being an unjust Messiah as the throne in the temple is built on the blood of others that include unarmed women and children...It would be unrighteous of him!

Last edited:

Skyrim25

Another book of Matthew? What is this other book of Matthew and where's there a controversial use of "I AM" in the original Matthew?

By the way, Jesus does not say I am in Matthew 26:64 as Skyrim here insists multiple times. Once again proving that SKYRIM HAS NOT READ OR BOTHERS TO CHECK IT.

Here's what Jesus says in Matthew 26:64:

I really don't know what else to say about someone so adamant in his position who can't take the 10 seconds to look it up. Crackpottery is getting worse and worse these days. You'd think they'd at least want to pretend like they have a somewhat solid knowledge of the text.

Perhaps Skyrim has some super secret book of the Bible no one else has access to, because of course he's not just too lazy and/or dishonest to look it up or anything.

A further example of Skyrim confusing what he thinks the Bible says with what the Bible actually says. And if we ask him to bring up which verses he's talking about, he'll once again say there's no point in doing so since I'll just write it off.

And Skyrim has no concept of the difference between human jealousy and the idea of a Divine Being who would be jealous of his subjects leaving him for another god.

I see no real reason to further respond to this guy who thinks that Fathers marrying their daughters is perfectly okay with his god.

Keep in mind that Jesus said that the temple was to be destroyed and in three days be remade. If its true that the Promise land and the temple as well as the throne are literal as you say they are(promise land being Canaan that is) Then he would have been talking about the temple being remade in three days!...He was taking about a DIFFERENT TEMPLE, which means a different promise land because the temple is to be made on THAT PROMISE LAND.

If the temple is not a literal one(Jesus's body) then the Promise Land is ALSO not a literal promise land.

Also I never said that it was ok to marry your daughter. You are not listening to what Iam saying. Iam saying that by law it is not ok here in the U.S. but if it is willing by both parties then iam NOT TO JUDGE!

Last edited: