• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why the church of satan is not banned? Is satanism a religion?

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Yes, it is your problem.
Nope, not a problem for me.
I simply dismissed it for lack of substantiation.

Seems you just figured that out.
You seem confused about it...

'satan' isnt even a name, its just a title.
Satan is the name many (dare I say Most?) Christians have put onto their Gods opposite.

If you were to say the Bible does not use the word as a name, I would agree with you.
But the fact is, many a Christian have named their gods opposite Satan.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
The days of religious law by ordeal are long gone.

Which god? There have been over 4800 worshipped in waestern religions through the ages, 3200 of them being omnipotent, creator one gods. The real problem for your statement comes with Hinduism with around 320 million gods.
Where are you getting those numbers from? Just wondering.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Where are you getting those numbers from? Just wondering.

First thing first, i erred, transposing numbers, its not 4800 and 3200 but 4200 and 3800.

There is this great thing called the internet. A simple search of Google, Bing etc will give many confirming results, particularly the Hindu 320 million. The 4800/3200 (4200/3800) is a little (only a little) more obscure, many sites admit to not listing them all and you'll have to decide the none sense sites from the genuine.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
First thing first, i erred, transposing numbers, its not 4800 and 3200 but 4200 and 3800.

There is this great thing called the internet. A simple search of Google, Bing etc will give many confirming results, particularly the Hindu 320 million. The 4800/3200 (4200/3800) is a little (only a little) more obscure, many sites admit to not listing them all and you'll have to decide the none sense sites from the genuine.
So you just choose to be rude, then. I see.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
What is rude about my post? Is is factual and answers your query. You want to take the huff because you don't like it, that's fine, just don't blame me for your intolerance.
It was rude because I just asked for a source out of curiosity and you give me a snarky response.

What "intolerance"?

VioletVortex

The "Church of Satan" is not a real entity, it only exists as an online presence and it does have a small office, but there is no 'Churh' of Satan. Second, the organization is based in the United States, and it would be unconstitutional for them to "be banned". Everyone has their own interpretations of religions and deities, theirs happens to be that Satan is a positive figure, you happen to feel inversely. This is why the constitution grants freedom of and from religion.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
It was rude because I just asked for a source out of curiosity and you give me a snarky response.

What "intolerance"?

First, i told you the internet is my source

Then the 320 million hindu gods are detailed

Then the 4200 gods associated with different religions and 3800 creator, one gods are there to see on several sites

All in all there are on, the internet, thousands of sitesnwith the information you requested.

And winging it's a rude and snarky response because i didn't list any of those sites but in stead provided more general info for you to research and decide for yourself is where the intolerance comes in.