• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why the church of satan is not banned? Is satanism a religion?

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

Jumi

"Christians will use all types of excuses to keep themselves out of today’s religious-moral-cultural battles. One of the most diabolical excuses is to claim that Satan is the rightful god of this world."
It is a quote from where? It is ignorant at best. And adding this weird notion that Christians think Satan is the rightful god of this world is offensive.

I do not know these smaller denominations viewpoints but it would be completely ignorant to say they think Satan is a rightful god.

In Islam Satan is not a Angel, rather he is a Jinn, a creation made from smokeless fire. He was the most righteous amongst his kind, but is not the ruler of his kind, rather there are many who have their own kingdoms and followers. Jinn have been given free will just like us.
I don't believe in them and don't know Islamic theology to know how this differs from how some Christians think of demons.

[/QUOTE]
It is aimed at an Islamic audience, people who already understand and agree with your religions viewpoints.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
The God is the Law and Order. The God is the Police.
I thought you said God is Love in post #19? Doesn't "Love your neighbor as you love yourself" apply towards all your neighbors, even the Satanists? If not, then aren't you violating the Law of Love?

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
The last time I checked, I wasn't living in a theocracy. Believe in whatever religion you want. I don't care.
I broadly agree with this, but unfortunately there are cults out there that can kill; cults such as Jonestown and Heaven's Gate, which ended horrendously. So, to a certain degree, I think we should care.

Jesster

Friendly skeptic
Premium Member
I broadly agree with this, but unfortunately there are cults out there that can kill; cults such as Jonestown and Heaven's Gate, which ended horrendously. So, to a certain degree, I think we should care.

Then go after people for killing. That shouldn't be a reason to make a religious belief illegal in any way, though.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Then go after people for killing. That shouldn't be a reason to make a religious belief illegal in any way, though.
I'm not saying we should make it illegal, but cult behaviours are quite easy to spot and should be monitored imo. Prevention is better than the cure.

Jesster

Friendly skeptic
Premium Member
I'm not saying we should make it illegal, but cult behaviours are quite easy to spot and should be monitored imo. Prevention is better than the cure.

Why should this be monitored more than other religious beliefs?

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Why should this be monitored more than other religious beliefs?
Others can be monitored. For instance, here in the UK some Mosques are monitored for extremist/terrorist sympathies. But first there needs to be a clear reason why such monitoring is happening. But there is a well-known list of cult behaviours, such as when cults start isolating themselves, i.e., Jonestown, and that place in Australia (forget the name) then that usually spells trouble.

Jesster

Friendly skeptic
Premium Member
Others can be monitored. For instance, here in the UK some Mosques are monitored for extremist/terrorist sympathies. But first there needs to be a clear reason why such monitoring is happening. But there is a well-known list of cult behaviours, such as when cults start isolating themselves, i.e., Jonestown, and that place in Australia (forget the name) then that usually spells trouble.

Monitoring the entire set of a specific religion is lunacy. It shouldn't be based on that factor at all. As I said before, though, it's fine to go after those who would kill. Religion itself doesn't do that, even if it is a religion that you don't like.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Monitoring the entire set of a specific religion is lunacy. It shouldn't be based on that factor at all. As I said before, though, it's fine to go after those who would kill. Religion itself doesn't do that, even if it is a religion that you don't like.
I guess we just think differently. That's okay. I believe that the safety of the nation is more important than the privacy of the individual, that's all :)

Jesster

Friendly skeptic
Premium Member
I guess we just think differently. That's okay. I believe that the safety of the nation is more important than the privacy of the individual, that's all :)

I also think the safety of the nation is very important. I just see no reason why this is any more dangerous than other religions.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I also think the safety of the nation is very important. I just see no reason why this is any more dangerous than other religions.
Perhaps you just need to do some research on cults?