• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why it's confusing us more than guiding us?

Im sorry for your loss. I know our family (everyone) lives after their physical passing. Their role is go help ans take care of us. I know this from literal experience. My grandmother passed two years ago and she is still with me. My father has liver disease so I pray to our family and spirits to keep him safe as he continues through life.

Our flesh doesnt live forever. Our spirit does on earth. Its good you find peace in your god. Never let go of that.

Thank you my sister.

It is true that they die physically but their soul still there. I'm just going to ask you one thing I hope you don't mind, but why do you think that people who couldn’t help themselves to stay alive and to save themselves form disease can save other peoples after they die? They have a soul before they die and after they die too. I believe that my father still watching over me, but he can't save me from an accident or from a disease.

I wish that your father get well soon. Don’t lose faith in God and be sure that he will be saved.

Yes, every single religion on earth is man made. They did not happen over night...it took centuries for them to develop in every culture, on every continent, and in every era. Man came up with the superstitions, dogma and mythology. Man wrote all the "holy texts" involved with whatever religion. Man came up with the costumes, rites, rituals and customs. Unless you have video proof of some supernatural being coming down out of the heavens and interacting with mankind, then the only verifiable answer is that man did it all. Do you have such proof?

The book (holy Quran) content of facts of the past and the future, no human can speak of it without great knowledge, at that time, during the life of the prophet( peace be upon him), they were not familiar with technology and there were no modern tools, they lived in a desert, there was no knowledge of any kind specially science and astronomy. There are facts in Quran that is not discovered yet and some which have been discovered only lately using the most modern equipment. How did a normal man who lived in a desert fifteen centuries ago to know about it? There are lots of things Quran told us such as the stages of embryonic development, the nature of the oceans, etc.

In Quran there are some verses talks about the prophet( peace be upon him) which rebuke him, but if the Quran was written by him he will avoid writing those things.

But instead he will write lots of good things about himself and there are no such verses of that in Quran. And people of course want credit for what they publish, but there are no verses talk about the prophet asking people to worship him.

Al Imran, verse 144: Muhammad is no more than a messenger preceded by [other] messengers, so if he were to die or be killed, would you then turn your backs? Those who turn their backs will cause God no harm, [but] God will reward the grateful ones.

This verses proves that Quran is not from the prophet ( peace be upon him) but from God.

Miracles in Quran contains of stories, beliefs, legislation, rulings and the accuracy of it cannot be produced by any existent, no matter of how great his intelligence, which was been proved by the most knowledge - non-believers themselves then and now.

But I can't provide you with a video as an evidence. I understand that you have a strong feeling of disbelieving and I don't know what the reason behind that, however the prophet ( peace be upon him) lived for 63 years, he lived a normal life, he was a shepherded, he don’t know how to read or write, when he received the massage of Islam. And you say it takes ages and centuries, and to descends from antecedent to the new generations, it needs a lot to write a book, but this religion started with the prophet ( peace be upon him) it was new at that time. How did the prophet ( collected all the information of the past and the future?) why can't any other man do that? There are some people who live until 100, can they create a religion during their life?

The Quran remind unchanged, and if anyone tried to change a letter he will be discovered immediately that the power of Quran, it was and still saved by God.

And as i said in my previous reply, man-made religions are wrong.

Thank you for sharing that. =) I'd like to read the Quran some day. I'm going to wait, however, as I'm not very fond of Islam at this moment... I'd like to read it when those negative feelings subside, though that might take some time (I've known people who have suffered due to extremism, and I'd like to set that aside when I read the Quran, as I understand extremism doesn't represent Muslims and their beliefs).

Ultimately, I'm glad to know it's given you peace of mind, and that it's helped you find your way. =) I feel there are many paths that lead towards the right direction, but some are more right for us than others. For me, Christianity wasn't the right path...

I'll try to keep it short; I've been a Christian most my life, and a pretty serious one at that... I grew up in a Christian home, became part of my local community, involved myself in the volunteer projects (which I still love doing), etc etc. Eventually, though, there were some things in the Bible that just didn't sit well with me. Over the years more and more of those things just bothered me... So, I just decided to take a break from god and shove Christianity into the back of my mind. For years I just let it sit there and ignored it. =/ I tried to adopt an agnostic view, though that wasn't a happy way for me to be.

So, just recently I decided to bring all of it up and confront it. I gave Christianity a try again, but very quickly I realized that it just isn't my cup of tea anymore. I know there are denominations that reflect my personal views more, but there are things about Christianity that are irreconcilable to me. =/

After that, I decided to cut ties with Christianity, and to look and learn about other religions. This is a daunting task, though, as I'm extremely ignorant of other religions. There is a LOT to learn out there (I guess that's one reason you won't see me post much, as I lurk and read more than I write and respond, heh). It's good, though; knowledge is power.

I then stumbled across Zoroastrianism (the world's oldest monotheism, as far as most historians can agree)... and, well, it just clicked with me. The more I learned, the more I fell in love with it. It was a strange experience for me, as I really wasn't expecting to find a religion that fit me so well... I thought it would be more difficult than that. Still, I prefer caution over blindly diving in, so I've not been allowing myself to give in entirely to it (I'm still new to the religion). =) The lack of dogmas has been liberating, and I love that the religion is geared towards improving ourselves and those around us. Good thoughts, good words, and good deeds are the three primal elements of the faith (there is more to it than that, but fundamentally, those are the three pillars everything is built around).

I won't say more on it than that, as I don't want to come across as proselytizing. XD You can post in the Zoroastrianism DIR if you have any questions that are specific to the Good Religion (the original name for Zoroastrianism). =)

Thank you for sharing your story. Zoroastrianism, I learned about it in an early age when I was a teenager, I wasn’t interested before, so I know some general information. I would like to get deeply in it and know more about it.

As you said, there is sure some right religions, but there are some tips will guide you to the right way. I'll give you one advice, don’t give up until you find the truth. Good luck.

However, I'm sure that the admin won't mind since you invited me to discuss in your DIR yourself, otherwise ill get a warning, I don’t need that. I'm curious about few things too.

Neo Deist

Th.D. & D.Div. h.c.
The book (holy Quran) content of facts of the past and the future, no human can speak of it without great knowledge, at that time, during the life of the prophet( peace be upon him), they were not familiar with technology and there were no modern tools, they lived in a desert, there was no knowledge of any kind specially science and astronomy. There are facts in Quran that is not discovered yet and some which have been discovered only lately using the most modern equipment. How did a normal man who lived in a desert fifteen centuries ago to know about it? There are lots of things Quran told us such as the stages of embryonic development, the nature of the oceans, etc.

It was written by humans and therefore full or errors, as there are no perfect humans. Furthermore, taking a verse and "loosely" applying it to mean something has no merit. Nostradamus has a ton of prophecies, but you have to stretch to make them fit.

If you show me a prophecy that says "on this date, this exact event will happen in this manner," and that prophecy comes true, then I might start believing. Until then, it is all just a bunch of rubbish, regardless of religion.

Tumah

Veteran Member
Everyone here is trying to convince you that their beliefs are the right ones.

Everyone shares their thoughts and their beliefs.

they impose their thought into others while embracing their own beliefs.

What is right and what is wrong.

Is there a God or two or three? To which God we belong?

At some point its getting confusing.

Anyway my point is, lots of thoughts, lots of ideas, lots of religions, lots of beliefs ,it feels like its diverting our attention from the one reality . We want to see something but our attention is heading toward something else. We want to believe in something but some people are saying it's good and some people are saying it's bad. You get confuse along the way and in the end of the road you lose your way. It's just getting too confusing.

There is no "a one policy" or one "goal" to target and to focus on but lots of things going on and on every where it feels like a mess .

I mean why we enter a forum to debate and compare? To end up with one- the best conclusion right? But instead I'm getting more confused why?

For example, some asks who is God. The answer suppose to be one simple answer, but NO, every answer is different than the other. It's not suppose to be like this. Where is the conclusion? Where is the answer? No one can find an answer.

There is a God but if we just put our ideas and our thoughts from every religion, from ever region, from every single human being mind, the outcome will be a mess.

There is a God but God have some specific features we can't just add and subtract as we wish, can we?.

At the end, we change our religions from one to another like changing our outfit to the one that suits us and fit our mentality and our thinking, how come?

Why parents are strict? Because there are lines between right and wrong, we can't just change the "right" to be" wrong" and change the "wrong" to be" right". There must be some rules some borders and some lines that shouldn’t be crossed. There are some things we need to know and some things we need not to know.

Again what I'm saying that there is something wrong when everyone conflict about the right religion, thoughts, beliefs . it's just a mess, there must be a one right answer, it can't be that every religion in this world is right.

There are lots of possibilities of religions that is right, but there is one answer, one truth. At the end, only the religion that answered right will pass and the rest will fail, because there is only one answer is right and there is a defiantly an end to everything like the end of every human's life.

If you put your own ideas and your own thoughts it doesn’t make it the "TRUTH". We have to think that is why we have a brain, we can't just read and believe every line we go through. Because not everything is the truth only one truth is there.

So no more new thoughts or new stuff added to the list we had lots and it is confusing as it is. We want to focus and to see the straight line to the " good end".

Why it's confusing us more than guiding us?
Everyone here is generalizing.

ThePainefulTruth

Romantic-Cynic
I know that we can't prove that there is a God because we don’t have physical evidence.

The absent doesn’t deny the present.

1. You feel the wind but you can't see it.

2. Devil exist but we can't see it.
There's no need for a Devil, except maybe as a symbol for our temptation to do evil.
  1. Look up to the sky, you can see as far as clouds, small stars, sun, moon but you can't see beyond that.
    The hell you say. We've just discovered the visible edge of the universe where light is red-shifted by the expansion of the universe.

2. There is a soul inside you and you can't see it.
My consciousness exists. I think therefore I am. Beyond that there's no way to know what awaits us.

It was written by humans and therefore full or errors, as there are no perfect humans. Furthermore, taking a verse and "loosely" applying it to mean something has no merit. Nostradamus has a ton of prophecies, but you have to stretch to make them fit.

If you show me a prophecy that says "on this date, this exact event will happen in this manner," and that prophecy comes true, then I might start believing. Until then, it is all just a bunch of rubbish, regardless of religion.

It was not written by human , It's only the translation is may be is not perfect but was done with effort so that the people who don't know arabic can read and understand it content, but the original content of Quran in arabic which remain unchanged for ages. Believe it or not.

There are a lot that was written in the book and was discovered just few centuries and lots of facts that is going to happen yet. but i can't write the exact date. If you interested ill write it down later.

Everyone here is generalizing.
I guess so, some of them do.

There's no need for a Devil, except maybe as a symbol for our temptation to do evil.

1. The hell you say. We've just discovered the visible edge of the universe where light is red-shifted by the expansion of the universe.
My consciousness exists. I think therefore I am. Beyond that there's no way to know what awaits us.

Looks like you are having fun. Anyway it is really is up to you to understand the rest. Good luck, I'm a litle curious about the painful truth though.

Corthos

Great Old One
Thank you for sharing your story. Zoroastrianism, I learned about it in an early age when I was a teenager, I wasn’t interested before, so I know some general information. I would like to get deeply in it and know more about it.

However, I'm sure that the admin won't mind since you invited me to discuss in your DIR yourself, otherwise ill get a warning, I don’t need that. I'm curious about few things too.

Sure thing! =)

As you said, there is sure some right religions, but there are some tips will guide you to the right way. I'll give you one advice, don’t give up until you find the truth. Good luck.

Well, as far as religions go, I'm more than happy with Zoroastrianism. =)

As far as the search for truth goes, that is a task that will last me a lifetime... That's a good thing, though. Living a life based on assumptions can be an emotionally, intellectually, and spiritually stunted way to live (from my own personal experiences).

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I hope you don't mind, but why do you think that people who couldn’t help themselves to stay alive and to save themselves form disease can save other peoples after they die?

Thank you for your kind words.

Its like a six sense and personal experience, ya know. I wasnt too religious anymore [edit: untill] after my grandmas death. I walk to the store when buses arent running. So, I was about cross a three lane intersection with no traffic lights and just when I steped out, someone grabbed me by my shoulder, sqeezed it and push me back before a car rushed forward though he had enough time to see me. I didnt have time to anayze. I just said out loud, thank you grandma. I called my friend ten mins after in shock and said I could have faked it. She is Christian and says, just dont question it. Maybe she believed god did it.

We have a lot of skeptics in America and my friend and I were talking about it. She said "you Americans always question stuff. [go with the flow]".

Through ritual and prayer, I can help heal unset spirits/people who passed away. I feel that even though family have passed on, they still care. Death isnt an end towards paradise but another step towards spiritual growth.

If we can pass with a smile our afterlife would be better and hopefully, if we are close to our family on earth we would be even so after their passing.

I hope this answered your question?

Last edited:

Akivah

"Can the same God send down different teachings? This question is answered by Islam alone, and this, too, is a distinctive feature of this religion.

Not Islam alone. Both Judaism and Hinduism believe that there are multiple ways to G-d.

lovesong

:D
Premium Member
Again what I'm saying that there is something wrong when everyone conflict about the right religion, thoughts, beliefs . it's just a mess, there must be a one right answer, it can't be that every religion in this world is right.

There are lots of possibilities of religions that is right, but there is one answer, one truth. At the end, only the religion that answered right will pass and the rest will fail, because there is only one answer is right and there is a defiantly an end to everything like the end of every human's life.

Every religion can in fact be right. I'm not saying that's the case but it's very possible. Yes there is only one ultimate truth, but by looking at that truth from different angles we can get many different interpretations, all of which carry aspects of the full truth. This means that there could be a great number of religions which all demonstrate equal amounts of truth despite looking so different.
Here's an image that explains what I'm saying:

7667e2a8-3e9c-421a-9df0-632b4e7c6107.jpg

It's all how you look at it! This center shape is our one ultimate truth, but the D, the U, and the T are all aspects of it. They may not be the whole truth but they aren't false. The ultimate truth is some combination of these interpretations, which is why it's important for us to share and exchange ideas, so that we, as individuals, can grow in our understanding of this truth.

Neo Deist

Th.D. & D.Div. h.c.
You are presenting a false argument. You think you are presenting 'facts'/

He stated that the Quran was not written by humans. I stated that God did not come down out of the cosmos, sit at a desk and write it (a FACT). It was written by humans (another FACT).

<===== the exit is that way

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
He stated that the Quran was not written by humans. I stated that God did not come down out of the cosmos, sit at a desk and write it (a FACT). It was written by humans (another FACT).

<===== the exit is that way

I'm surprised your an ordained minister. I guess i shouldn't be.