1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Featured Why is Islam so dangerous?

Discussion in 'General Religious Debates' started by Raymann, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Brickjectivity

Brickjectivity Avatar Change Imminent
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +7,329
    Religion:
    Liberal Christian almost quaker
    The charge that concerns me and which has not been dealt with is that moderate Muslims simply don't practice the Koran and don't follow Muhammad's example. I would like to hear something that contradicts that.

2. stvdv

stvdv Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,047
    Religion:
    Sanathana Dharma [The Eternal Religion]
    IMO there is 1 major danger. That is the moment that members of a religion start believing their religion is the best and other religions are inferior (Muhammad is the seal of prophets). This is called "spiritual ego" or "spiritual arrogance". By definition we know that arrogance is hard to "cure" because the arrogant person believes himself to be superior. Being arrogant and dismissive the arrogant want to dominate, so war against Islamic countries might happen.

So to answer your questions:
    1) Not much hope
    2) Some kind of reform may be possible, but very little
    3) War against Islam may be difficult, because it's integrated everywhere.

3. loverofhumanity

loverofhumanity Well-Known Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,614
    Religion:
    Baha'i Faith
    Problematic? What would the world be like if we all practised these things? What problem would there be?

Sura 5

9 To those who believe and perform righteous deeds, God has promised forgiveness and a great reward.

8 O you who believe! Be steadfast for God, bearing witness to justice, and let not hatred for a people lead you to be unjust.

4 They ask thee what is lawful unto them. Say, “Lawful unto you are all good things.”

13 Truly God loves the virtuous.

119 God said, “This is the Day wherein the truthful shall benefit from their truthfulness.

Sura 2

39 And clothe not the truth with falsehood, and hide not the truth when ye know it:

These are just some of the things Robert Spencer doesn’t want you all to know. Look with your own eyes, think with your own mind and don’t let every biased site with an agenda against Islam brainwash you. Terrorism never came from the Quran just as gun violence never originated from the Bible.

4. loverofhumanity

loverofhumanity Well-Known Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,614
    Religion:
    Baha'i Faith
    True Islam is enshrined in the Holy Quran.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Wandering Monk

Wandering Monk Active Member

Ratings:
    +233
    Religion:
    agnostic
  6. Landon Caeli

Landon Caeli What's your stoyle?

Ratings:
    +1,047
    Religion:
    Catholic
    So you don't like freedom but rather theocracies... I see.

7. ChristineM

ChristineM "Be strong" I whispered to my coffee.
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8,371
    Religion:
    None

Really? Text analysis shows the bible to be twice as violent as the quran.

As far as i see it Jainism, Buddhism and Hinduism are essentially none violent. Religions that put the supernatural ahead of self control tend towards violence

8. ChristineM

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8,371
    Religion:
    None

The bible is twice as violent as the quran.

Why dispense with good arguments?

9. Raymann

Raymann Member

Ratings:
    +51
    Religion:
    Agnostic
    adrian009
    "It wasn't too long ago when the world was immersed in WWI closely followed WWII. It was mostly the Christian countries that took up arms against each other fighting for God, King and country. WWII is probably the most destructive war on record. Six million Jews were put to death alongside other minorities as a result of a country whose population consisted of nearly 95% Christians."

I heard that argument many times and I'm still not convinced any of the two WW was caused by religion.
    I don't blame Christianity for the crimes Christians commit if religion is not the reason behind their actions.
    The same goes for Islam, 1.6 billion people are Muslims today and I agree that most of them are peaceful but if only 5% of them are fundamentalists then we have a huge number of dangerous people.

ChristineM
    "Islam is no more dangerous than Christianity. What is dangerous is the fundamentalists who use the faith to justify murder and genocide
    And they are prevalent in any religion"

That is false, I don't see any Van Laden's in Christianity, Who are the equivalents of ISIS, Boko Haram, Al Qaeda, etc in Christianity?
    There are hundreds of extremists groups within Muslim communities, they hate each other (sunnies, shias) and everyone else. There is something inherent in the religion that causes this hate.

sooda
    "So you have studied Islam on the internet?"

The Internet is a powerful tool, isn't it?
    What an Imam can teach in a mosque can also be taught thru the Internet, wouldn't you agree?

Notanumber
    Interesting video, I'm still watching it.

Salvador
    "Islam is a radical **political** ideology disguised as a religion from which Sharia Law oppresses women, individual freedom, and science."

I agree with that but political correctness followers will call you an "Islamophobe" by saying it that clearly.

sooda
    "Where did you do your research?"

From multiple sources, including discussing it with Muslims on some Forums.
    Sometimes I don't even need to do the research, the research comes to me instead.
    The Sri Lanka attacks is one of those cases that proves there is something really wrong with Islam that causes these people to do such atrocities and proudly claim is has been done in the name of Allah.

10. Augustus

Augustus the Unreasonable

Ratings:
    +7,895
    Religion:
    none
    This is one of the dumbest statistics imaginable.

A book on WW2 might be twice as violent again. Contextless rate stats between texts of a different nature are completely meaningless.

• Like Like x 1
  11. icehorse

icehorse Well-Known Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,227
    Religion:
    spiritual anti-theist : )
    You just shifted the goalposts from denigration of non-Muslims to violence.

12. sooda

sooda Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,112
    Religion:
    Christian
    Well, yes.. John Garang od Sudan was a self identified Christian Marxist, trained in the US who took slave boys from among the Dinkas and Neur people.

13. Brickjectivity

Brickjectivity Avatar Change Imminent

Ratings:
    +7,329
    Religion:
    Liberal Christian almost quaker
    ***Mod: Please use quote tags. This helps reduce confusion. Thanks. ***

Example of using quote tags:
    Code:
    [quote="NAME"] what they said [/quote]
    Also one of the edit buttons adds quote tags for you, so you don't have to type them out.

14. LuisDantas

LuisDantas Aura of atheification

Ratings:
    +13,650
    Religion:
    Advocate of letting go of theism. Buddhist with an emphasis on personal understanding.
    That is one view, and certainly a prestiged one at that.

Another is that True Islaam would be the body of deeds and teachings achieved by Muslims.

• Like Like x 2
  15. ChristineM

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8,371
    Religion:
    None
    Nope,i have shifted nothing, ive been saying the same thing through this thread

16. Notanumber

Notanumber A Free Man

Ratings:
    +1,126
    Religion:
    Not even an Infidel, but still a Rebellious Kafir
    Do you agree with verse 8:55 of the Holy Quran?

Do you consider me sub-human because I do not believe in Allah?

17. sooda

sooda Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,112
    Religion:
    Christian
    In Islam women and girls have the right to an education. The Taliban are Pashtun and Deobandi.. They were orphaned students from the war with the Soviets.. and they took power in the lawless days, when hijacking trucks and rape were very common.. They did restore order.. and being ignorant they simply went too far.

Afghanistan has been at war since 1974 when the homegrown communists overthrew the monarchy. Before that Afghans had movie theaters, Cafes, western dress and a high rate of literacy.

The US wanted a gas pipeline across Afghanistan to Dabhol, India. The Dabhol LNG power plant that had been set up by Enron is located on the Southern side of Dabhol. They had no fuel source and were leveraged out with a 2 billion dollar white elephant.

We were attempting to bail out Enron.. Negotiations failed with the Taliban.. They wanted too much money in transit fees. That's why we went back in to Afghanistan.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dabhol_Power_Company

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. LuisDantas

LuisDantas Aura of atheification

Ratings:
    +13,650
    Religion:
    Advocate of letting go of theism. Buddhist with an emphasis on personal understanding.
    By the meaning of the teachings, the degree to which they claim to be superior to other sources and considerations, and the emphasis on difference of treatment between adherents and others, for starters.

There is also the direct incitation towards war and violence. The Bible sometimes gives the Qur'an a run for its money. I don't think I have ever learned of any other scripture that does.

19. Notanumber

Notanumber A Free Man

Ratings:
    +1,126
    Religion:
    Not even an Infidel, but still a Rebellious Kafir
    As a woman, do you consider yourself inferior to a man?

20. sooda

sooda Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,112
    Religion:
    Christian
    That verse is about the Jews of Medina who repeatedly broke their treaties with the Muslims. Its not about you.

• Like Like x 1