• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why is Islam so dangerous?

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Maybe you should read it before making such claims. Of course, instead of doing that, I eagerly await your cherry picked out of context passages from some hate site that you'll post instead.
I was right there where you are at one time.

Then I researched. I paid attention. And I learned.

Cooky

Veteran Member
Really? Text analysis shows the bible to be twice as violent as the quran.

As far as i see it Jainism, Buddhism and Hinduism are essentially none violent. Religions that put the supernatural ahead of self control tend towards violence

Why should anyone believe this?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

but if only 5% of them are fundamentalists then we have a huge number of dangerous .

ChristineM
"Islam is no more dangerous than Christianity. What is dangerous is the fundamentalists who use the faith to justify murder and genocide
And they are prevalent in any religion"

That is false, I don't see any Van Laden's in Christianity, Who are the equivalents of ISIS, Boko Haram, Al Qaeda, etc in Christianity?
There are hundreds of extremists groups within Muslim communities, they hate each other (sunnies, shias) and everyone else. There is something inherent in the religion that causes this hate.

I think you will find that the figure is around 0.006%

As for christian terror groups, did you forget
LRA, anti-balaka, IRA kkk, anti abortionist, the army of god, NLFT, Phineas Priesthood, there are more

Fyi, to claim my post was false implies i lied. I do not lie.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
In Islam women and girls have the right to an education. The Taliban are Pashtun and Deobandi.. They were orphaned students from the war with the Soviets.. and they took power in the lawless days, when hijacking trucks and rape were very common.. They did restore order.. and being ignorant they simply went too far.

Afghanistan has been at war since 1974 when the homegrown communists overthrew the monarchy. Before that Afghans had movie theaters, Cafes, western dress and a high rate of literacy.

The US wanted a gas pipeline across Afghanistan to Dabhol, India. The Dabhol LNG power plant that had been set up by Enron is located on the Southern side of Dabhol. They had no fuel source and were leveraged out with a 2 billion dollar white elephant.

We were attempting to bail out Enron.. Negotiations failed with the Taliban.. They wanted too much money in transit fees. That's why we went back in to Afghanistan.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dabhol_Power_Company
Also:
Turkmenistan–Afghanistan–Pakistan–India Pipeline - Wikipedia

I see that the Enron deal was signed a year after the 911 attacks.

Aftermath of the September 11 attacks - Wikipedia

NATO invades Afghanistan in order to remove the Taliban regime harboring al-Qaeda.

Notanumber

A Free Man
That verse is about the Jews of Medina who repeatedly broke their treaties with the Muslims. Its not about you.

Is this about me?

But as for those who disbelieve, garments of fire will be cut out for them; boiling fluid will be poured down on their heads; Whereby that which is in their bellies, and their skins too, will be melted; And for them are hooked rods of iron

sooda

Veteran Member
Also:
Turkmenistan–Afghanistan–Pakistan–India Pipeline - Wikipedia

I see that the Enron deal was signed a year after the 911 attacks.

Aftermath of the September 11 attacks - Wikipedia

NATO invades Afghanistan in order to remove the Taliban regime harboring al-Qaeda.

The power station was a built by the Dabhol Power Company (DPC), which was a joint venture of Enron, General Electric, Bechtel and Maharashtra Power Development Corporation.

At the start of its construction in 1992, the Dabhol power station was the biggest foreign investment in India.

Dabhol Power Station - Wikipedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dabhol_Power_Station

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Nope,i have shifted nothing, ive been saying the same thing through this thread

But you strawmanned other's argument. Others were talking about denigrating non-Muslims - you shifted their claims to being about violence.

sooda

Veteran Member
Is this about me?

But as for those who disbelieve, garments of fire will be cut out for them; boiling fluid will be poured down on their heads; Whereby that which is in their bellies, and their skins too, will be melted; And for them are hooked rods of iron

In context.. that's about hell.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
But you strawmanned other's argument. Others were talking about denigrating non-Muslims - you shifted their claims to being about violence.

I am not interested in other arguments, i replied to the OP,. If people argued with my reply i countered.

Notanumber

A Free Man
In context.. that's about hell.

So I would be dispatched to hell for being a disbeliever then.

Those who disbelieve Our revelations, We shall expose them to the Fire. As often as their skins are consumed We shall exchange them for fresh skins that they may taste the torment Lo! Allah is ever Mighty, Wise

sooda

Veteran Member
So I would be dispatched to hell for being a disbeliever then.

Those who disbelieve Our revelations, We shall expose them to the Fire. As often as their skins are consumed We shall exchange them for fresh skins that they may taste the torment Lo! Allah is ever Mighty, Wise

Its hyperbole.... exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
The power station was a built by the Dabhol Power Company (DPC), which was a joint venture of Enron, General Electric, Bechtel and Maharashtra Power Development Corporation.

At the start of its construction in 1992, the Dabhol power station was the biggest foreign investment in India.

Dabhol Power Station - Wikipedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dabhol_Power_Station
Thanks for that information. It is suspicious behavior by a dubious company (Enron) taking advantage of war in the region, very embarrassing to the USA. Our diplomats get disrespected as a result, because other countries see it and suspect. Enron takes advantage of the 911 attack, to the degree that it casts suspicion upon the USA. No wonder Trump lets the diplomats go so easily if they have this in their pants. Not enough Enron employees went to prison, and somebody may have committed treason.

We should cancel that pipeline. That is dirty pipeline.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
I am not interested in other arguments, i replied to the OP,. If people argued with my reply i countered.

Except that in post #68, the one I'm referring to, you were responding to me, not the OP. ;)

sooda

Veteran Member
Thanks for that information. It is suspicious behavior by a dubious company (Enron) taking advantage of war in the region, very embarrassing to the USA. Our diplomats get disrespected as a result, because other countries see it and suspect. Enron takes advantage of the 911 attack, to the degree that it casts suspicion upon the USA. No wonder Trump lets the diplomats go so easily if they have this in their pants. Not enough Enron employees went to prison, and somebody may have committed treason.

We should cancel that pipeline. That is dirty pipeline.

ENRON was tight with the Bush people.. and yes more of them should have gone to prison..

Is Enron Behind The War In Afghanistan?, From Robert ...
Is Enron Behind The War In Afghanistan?, From Robert Lederman, 2/5/02
According to Afghan, Iranian, and Turkish government sources, Hamid Karzai, the interim Prime Minister of Afghanistan, was a top adviser to the El Segundo, California-based UNOCAL Corporation which was negotiating with the Taliban to construct a Central Asia Gas (CentGas) pipeline from Turkmenistan through western Afghanistan to Pakistan.