• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why is homosexuality a sin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
You learned nothing from the fat chick thread, did you? tsk, tsk. ;)

Don't remember that thread, possibly before my time, but I would not be surprised to learn that lesbians on average are heavier than heterosexual women. Someone, when asked what the world without men would be like replied, "No war, and a lot of fat, happy women."

Don't remember that thread, possibly before my time, but I would not be surprised to learn that lesbians on average are heavier than heterosexual women.
If we're not counting closeted lesbians, I'd think the obscenely obese women from poorer areas where homosexuality is extremely discriminated against would "tip the scales", excuse the pun.

Someone, when asked what the world without men would be like replied, "No war..."
This is a tangent, but why do people think this? Female rulers have often been bloodier than their male counterparts - Queen Mary, Margaret Thatcher just off the top of my head. Fewer females agree with the Iraq War, but not by much.

Blindinglight

Disciple of Chaos
You learned nothing from the fat chick thread, did you? tsk, tsk. ;)
Well, I did post my post about the fat lesbians before you created the thread.
I was mearly elaborating on the fact I know some lesbians that do not fit the definition of "hot," and they do have a few extra pounds. But, they do make up for it in personality.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Well, I did post my post about the fat lesbians before you created the thread.
I was mearly elaborating on the fact I know some lesbians that do not fit the definition of "hot," and they do have a few extra pounds. But, they do make up for it in personality.

And good taste. ;) (I'm identifying as a member of the group to which you refer.)

KPereira

My apologies if this has already been posted, but in Leviticus 20:13 it says "I[FONT=trebuchet ms,arial,helvetica]f a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them." The Bible explicitly calls for the slaying of all homosexuals.

However, don't take my reply as an indicator I'm against same sex marriage. I'm actually for it. I'm just attempting to answer the question.
[/FONT]

Trassin

My apologies if this has already been posted, but in Leviticus 20:13 it says "I[FONT=trebuchet ms,arial,helvetica]f a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them." The Bible explicitly calls for the slaying of all homosexuals. [/FONT]

[FONT=trebuchet ms,arial,helvetica]However, don't take my reply as an indicator I'm against same sex marriage. I'm actually for it. I'm just attempting to answer the question. [/FONT]

I would suggest you read through the rest of the thread KPereira. This point has already been argued.

That being said I would point you to the two links below. The first shows both sides of the arguments concerning the passages of the bible associated with homosexuality. The second talks about whether or not the translation of the original hebrew you are quoting is accurate.

Link 1
Link 2

KPereira

I would suggest you read through the rest of the thread KPereira. This point has already been argued.

That being said I would point you to the two links below. The first shows both sides of the arguments concerning the passages of the bible associated with homosexuality. The second talks about whether or not the translation of the original hebrew you are quoting is accurate.

Link 1
Link 2

Sorry, but reading through all 63 pages is quite time consuming. If it has already been debated, than disregard my post.

Xbones

[FONT=trebuchet ms,arial,helvetica]"they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them."
[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]Does anyone reading this thread not think that this above line is absolutely ridiculous? [/FONT]

For anyone in this world today to support a religion that tells this to it's people, is down right wrong and should be considered a threat to the American society. Wow. Intolerance and ignorance, that is downright bull,.

Trassin

[FONT=trebuchet ms,arial,helvetica]"they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them." [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Does anyone reading this thread not think that this above line is absolutely ridiculous? [/FONT]

For anyone in this world today to support a religion that tells this to it's people, is down right wrong and should be considered a threat to the American society. Wow. Intolerance and ignorance, that is downright bull,.

If you go read the two links I posted about 3 posts back you'll see that not all Christians agree with that exact translation. Also, this is part of the "holyness code" which is supposed to no longer apply according to Jesus (or so I'm told, I'm not exactly sure what passage of the new testiment that idea comes from).

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
My apologies if this has already been posted, but in Leviticus 20:13 it says "I[FONT=trebuchet ms,arial,helvetica]f a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them." The Bible explicitly calls for the slaying of all homosexuals.

However, don't take my reply as an indicator I'm against same sex marriage. I'm actually for it. I'm just attempting to answer the question.
[/FONT]
You haven't answered the question at all. You've stated that the Bible says it's a sin. You haven't addressed the question of why it states it's a sin. (Hint: "because God said so" isn't a real answer, either:foot:).

Why does Leviticus make this statement? What was going through the writer's mind?

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
I have read speculation that Paul was gay, which was his problem. You know, that part about having been so awful before conversion.

Xbones

Wow, it should not be such a shock that the clergy of the catholic church was gay. Pretty fantastic creremonies they did, and all the long raped the kids that were their alter boys..

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Wow, it should not be such a shock that the clergy of the catholic church was gay. Pretty fantastic creremonies they did, and all the long raped the kids that were their alter boys..
Homosexuality does not equal pedophilia. Pedophilia is a documentable medical disorder, appearing as an entry with a definition in the DSM. It's also a felony crime. Homosexuality is neither, and does not appear in the DSM. I wish people would stop making this analogy. it only clouds the issue for homosexuals and their social acceptance, as well as for the victims of pedophilia and the justice issues connected with this ciriminal act. You're not helping anyone here.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Homosexuality does not equal pedophilia. Pedophilia is a documentable medical disorder, appearing as an entry with a definition in the DSM. It's also a felony crime. Homosexuality is neither, and does not appear in the DSM. I wish people would stop making this analogy. it only clouds the issue for homosexuals and their social acceptance, as well as for the victims of pedophilia and the justice issues connected with this ciriminal act. You're not helping anyone here.
I agree that the two should not be mixed up.
I also agree that they are two completely different things.

However, I can see where people mix them up and lump them together.
Especially when the Catholic Church officially declares that "homosexuals have infiltrated the Catholic priesthood" in response to the Pedophile Priest Posse situation.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
I agree that the two should not be mixed up.
I also agree that they are two completely different things.

However, I can see where people mix them up and lump them together.
Especially when the Catholic Church officially declares that "homosexuals have infiltrated the Catholic priesthood" in response to the Pedophile Priest Posse situation.
Paedophiles' sexual attraction is based on age, not gender.

An adult who is attracted to adults of either gender is almost certainly not a paedophile.*

*not for reasons of sexual attraction, anyhow. Some sexual victimization is based on control, not attraction, but in that case the orientation of the attacker is irrelevant to the crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.