• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why is homosexuality a sin

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocka21

Brother Rock
And here I thought sin was up to God.

then why have this debate?

is murder sin? if it is up to god why say anything about it?

That's right. After her husband died, the two women made a lifelong commitment to each other. O.K. with God, but not with your church.

nothing wrong with friends. were they married?

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
rocka: Why do you keep accusing people of hating you? Are people condemning your hosiery habits as sinful?
Can you show me one place in the Bible where people are mentioned as wearing socks? That's because they knew it was a sin.

Smoke

Done here.
there are grounds for divorce ( in the bible). if it is under those grounds, i don't see a problem with getting married again.

again let me state, i don't know who has and has not been married in my chruch ( per i am not the counselor or pastor).

if you read my answer you will see that i said yes there have been divorced people that have been married in my church. I did not know the "circumstance".
Divorce is not a sin. Divorce is perfectly acceptable in the New Testament generally and in the teachings of Jesus specifically.

The remarriage of a divorced person, however, is plainly called adultery.

Lesbianism is forbidden nowhere in the scriptures. Polygamy is forbidden only for bishops. So we know of two sets of circumstances under which your church forbids marriage where scripture does not, and another where your church is willing to bless relationships unambiguously condemned by Jesus.

So, y'all do what you want, without feeling bound to follow scripture.
Cool. So do we.

The only difference is the bigotry and hypocrisy that go along with your way of doing things.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
then why have this debate?
To try to figure out what God said about it. Are you saying that people decide what is sinful without reference to God's word?

is murder sin? if it is up to god why say anything about it?
According to the Bible, yes.

nothing wrong with friends. were they married?
Would your church have permitted Ruth and Naomi to marry, if they were in your congregation? God describes their commitment to one another, but your unbiblical church refuses to let them consecrate it--all the while hallowing adultery. Sinners!

rocka21

Brother Rock
Oh really? When is divorce permitted, according to your Lord?

2Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband.

just though i would throw that one in there. Notice no man on man action going on.

and for the above.

15But if the unbelieving depart, let him depart. A brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases: but God hath called us to peace.

i don't know why i answer such request, you will just have another rabbit trail for me.

you see what you want to see, and thats fine with me.

rocka21

Brother Rock
Are you saying that people decide what is sinful without reference to God's word?

your baiting tactics are so weak.......... i am bored.

Would your church have permitted Ruth and Naomi to marry, if they were in your congregation?

did they get married in the bible? Marrage is not just a " commitment ceremony" , the two become one. ( man and woman) see........ adam and eve. O WAIT! you don't want to see.......... seee............ i see........ si senor.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
nice name calling.:clap

bigot, ignorant...... got any more? because it seems thats allowed here, as long as it is done toward christians.
That's what it means to me. Don't ask the question if you don't want to hear the answer.

Smoke

Done here.
2Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband.
But according to Jesus, if you're divorced and remarried, you don't in fact have your own spouse. You have someone else.

15But if the unbelieving depart, let him depart. A brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases: but God hath called us to peace.
That doesn't allow remarriage.

rocka21

Brother Rock
Polygamy is forbidden only for bishops

you throw em up,,,,,,,,, i shoot em down.........

ok guys , i am tired, yall wore me out.

God bless all of you! thanks for the great debate.

and for all that are so mad at me, and i might have rubbed the wrong way or offended.
i am truly sorry. i think in the heat of disscussion we sometime type before we think. ( or at least i do).

you have to give me credit thou........ most won't even dialog with people.

i think this is a good start. May God, lead us and guide us.

God Bless.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Oh really? When is divorce permitted, according to your Lord?
It is not my Bible, but I can answer this:
Mat 5:32
But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.

Mat 19:9
And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.
So what exactly is fornication?
Websters 1828 Dictionary wrote:
Fornication
n. [L. fornicatio.]

1. The incontinence or lewdness of unmarried persons, male or female; also, the criminal conversation of a married man with an unmarried woman.

2. Adultery. Mat 5.

3. Incest. 1 Cor 5.

4. Idolatry; a forsaking of the true God, and worshipping of idols. 2 Chr 21. Rev 19.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank

i don't know why i answer such request, you will just have another rabbit trail for me.

you see what you want to see, and thats fine with me.
zzzzt. Wrong. Jesus says:

But I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaithfulness, causes her to become an adulteress, and anyone who marries the divorced woman commits adultery.
Matthew 5:32

I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaithfulness, and marries another woman commits adultery.
Matthew 19:8

Pretty clear, really.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
your baiting tactics are so weak.......... i am bored.
Well, that's one way to evade the question.

did they get married in the bible? Marrage is not just a " commitment ceremony" , the two become one. ( man and woman) see........ adam and eve. O WAIT! you don't want to see.......... seee............ i see........ si senor.
What difference does it make? I don't see them wearing socks, either. In any case, this thread isn't about gay marriage, it's about whether homosexuality is sinful. And clearly, female homosexuality is not.

Got any other goalposts you want to move around?

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
So now that we've established that female homosexuality is not sinful according to the Christian Bible or Jewish Tanakh, the question remains why rocka and people like him choose to treat it as though it were.

So, rocka, why is it important to you to act as if lesbianism were sinful when it's clearly not?

Or did you want to try to mount some kind of argument that it is?

Status
Not open for further replies.