• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why is homosexuality a sin

Status
Not open for further replies.

athanasius

Yes it is. The church can not substantiate their reasoning, giving their opinion on this topic very little weight. In the long run this type approach will just hurt the church.

UHHH NO its not about the church. The question on the OP no where said anything about the church. Stop trying to reword the question and make it say something it doesn't. Secondly, Considering that Jesus is the one who built the church,gave it the gift of the keys to the kingdom, power to bind and loose, and said it would not fail(Matt 16:13-19), and speaks through his Catholic church (Lk 10:16) I do not think this will really hurt the church at all. People may leave if they do not like the true teachings .But so what. Our church is the largest Christian church on earth 1:1 Billion members and rapidly growing with thousands faithful adult converts every year. To us the Church is speaks for God and God does not change his mind on truth.

Jeremiah

UHHH NO its not about the church. The question on the OP no where said anything about the church. Stop trying to reword the question and make it say something it doesn't. Secondly, Considering that Jesus is the one who built the church,gave it the gift of the keys to the kingdom, power to bind and loose, and said it would not fail(Matt 16:13-19), and speaks through his Catholic church (Lk 10:16) I do not think this will really hurt the church at all. People may leave if they do not like the true teachings .But so what. Our church is the largest Christian church on earth 1:1 Billion members and rapidly growing with thousands faithful adult converts every year. To us the Church is speaks for God and God does not change his mind on truth.

The OP just says "Why?" How can I reword that?

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
So now that we've established that female homosexuality is not sinful according to the Christian Bible or Jewish Tanakh, the question remains why rocka and people like him choose to treat it as though it were.

So, rocka, why is it important to you to act as if lesbianism were sinful when it's clearly not?

Or did you want to try to mount some kind of argument that it is?

Romans 1:24

Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another.

Romans 1:26

Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones.

Romans 1:27

In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and where inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and recieved in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Romans 1:24
Romans 1:27
I couldn't help noticing that you gave the three verses separately like they were three separate statements and not actually sentences within one paragraph on a single point. ;)

Anyhow, the passages you cited describe lustful fornication, which is prohibited for heterosexuals as well; can you find a Biblical source that prohibits a loving lesbian relationship?

A

angellous_evangellous

I couldn't help noticing that you gave the three verses separately like they were three separate statements and not actually sentences within one paragraph on a single point. ;)

Anyhow, the passages you cited describe lustful fornication, which is prohibited for heterosexuals as well; can you find a Biblical source that prohibits a loving lesbian relationship?

Yes....

Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones.

The emphasis is not on love or lust, but on the action. Lust or love don't change whether an action is natural or not.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
The emphasis is not on love or lust, but on the action. Lust or love don't change whether an action is natural or not.
I notice you assume "unnatural" means "homosexual". It's just as reasonable to take "unnatural" as literally unnatural: as people behaving not according to their natural sexual orientation.

Kind of puts all those religious-based programs to "cure" homosexuality in a different light, IMO.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
I notice you assume "unnatural" means "homosexual". It's just as reasonable to take "unnatural" as literally unnatural: as people behaving not according to their natural sexual orientation.

Kind of puts all those religious-based programs to "cure" homosexuality in a different light, IMO.
My personal experience has been, when I point this out, that it has to due with the holy spirit revealing some secret 'over-knowledge' to them.

rocka21

Brother Rock

do you REALLY think paul was talking about homo's turning straight?

i can see Paul, with his pink robe on, limp wrist, and hand on his hip, saying " all you lezbo's don't go after any man out there honey child! thats just wrong!" as his head rotates in a circle motion.:angel2:

come on now!:cool:

Nanda

Polyanna

i can see Paul, with his pink robe on, limp wrist, and hand on his hip, saying " all you lezbo's don't go after any man out there honey child! thats just wrong!" as his head rotates in a circle motion.:angel2:

*Nanda vomits copiously*

rocka21

Brother Rock
*Nanda vomits copiously*

as you should, to even sugest that paul or any christian in those days did not denounce homosexuallity.

but thats the arguement, Paul was telling Homosexuals not to go straight because its unnatural.

all thou the pink robe example was probably in bad taste.:D

logician

if i consensually eat 5 gallons of ice cream at night in my bedroom. Sin or No?

Sorry, I don't believe in the concept of sin as put forth by religion, a "sin" in one culture is not a "sin" in another, i.e. it has a vague definition.

Nanda

Polyanna
all thou the pink robe example was probably in bad taste.:D

Probably. Maybe next time, instead of vomiting (which is slightly more ambiguous, I'll admit) I'll just put on some blackface and do the best Al Jolson impression I can muster under the circumstances. Maybe that'll get my point across more clearly.

rocka21

Brother Rock
Probably. Maybe next time, instead of vomiting (which is slightly more ambiguous, I'll admit) I'll just put on some blackface and do the best Al Jolson impression I can muster under the circumstances. Maybe that'll get my point across more clearly.

nope, sorry.

Pink robe, limp wrist, hand on hip, swaying head in a circle. ------ your choice.

Black, the color of your face. -------- not your choice.

try again.:cool:

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
If you can convince yourself of one particular meaning, it's from some extra-biblical inference and not from the actual text. "Natural" can mean a lot of things.

I know he wasn't a fan of "pleasures of the flesh", though, so people engaging in sexual activities that for them would not be associated with love might be something that would reasonably think might bother him.

Wow... what an offensive caricature.

You have to admit, though: the general impression one gets from his Epistles is that he wasn't too fond of the ladies. ;)

rocka21

Brother Rock
Being a bigot... your choice.

bigot-
one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance

what race?

what ethnicity?

did i ever say i hate someone? intolerance for who?

iam i the bigot, or are you?;)

Status
Not open for further replies.