• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why does trump deserve a chance when Obama wasn't given one?

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
Obama wasn't given a chance, why does Trump deserve one? Republican representatives said making him a 1 term President was there number 1 job. Nothing but obstructionism during his 8 years. Rw media calling him a secret Muslim, the birther movement and dozens of other fake attacks.

Why does Trump deserve better?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
to a large extent, he doesn't. Remember that Trump "questioned" the American birth of Obama up until only about 2 months ago. When asked if Obama was a Christian or a Muslim, his responses where that he said he didn't know. That would be like if X says "I am a Christian", but I respond back "I don't know if X is a Christian", then there's obviously an insidious connotation to that.

As for me, I'm taking a "wait and see" attitude, although he's already off to a terrible start even before taking office as his approval rating has dropped since elected.

Kuzcotopia

If you can read this, you are as lucky as I am.
Obama wasn't given a chance, why does Trump deserve one? Republican representatives said making him a 1 term President was there number 1 job. Nothing but obstructionism during his 8 years. Rw media calling him a secret Muslim, the birther movement and dozens of other fake attacks.

This is tough, because you're right. The levels of obstruction and attempts to deligitimize his presidency were unprecidented in modern history.

But I believe history will tell us a lot of the first black president. . . His consistent tone, his patience, his intelligence.

We have to live up to his legacy, and let Trump's actual administration of his government be his indictment.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
The dude was given 8 years. Trump was given nothing and even while he talked people lied and took every comment he made as racist or sexist despite how opposite it was. People who vote for aggression only know how to use aggression when faced with a dilemma. This is why you will never see us conservatives flapping our lips about how to rob Paul to pay for Peter's issues.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
Not every comment.

BTW, Trump is not a conservative.

Just so you know, conservatism is a lot more than just pledging an allegiance to a party. It is a lifestyle and an ethical principle that permeates throughout one's life. It is about making do with the laws of nature and dealing with the human condition and not human transformation. We will always socially evolve and make progression through technology. We conservatives praise the free-market and accept radical change because of it. What we do not accept is unnecessary change and change for the sake of political power.

I would not tolerate homosexual marriage or transexualism on the basis that it makes a few people feel good and live a fantasy. I would instead oppose it because I do not want somebody's delusions to be the base manipulation of others who live in reality.

It is a matter of principles and ethics not reactionism.

If Trump offers a hunk of land more freedoms I will support him. But by no means am I going to tolerate the ideology of those that wish to hurt me and destroy me with grateful smiles.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

Obama never had a chance?
Piffle.
He did quite a bit, eg, Obamacare, continuing the wars despite opposition.
Trump will have his opportunity with opposition too.
Lacking control, we can only watch & advocate, just as we did before.

BSM1

What? Me worry?

You do realize that for the first two years of Obama's Presidency the Democrats controlled both Houses of Congress? You would think that he could have had anything he wanted.

to a large extent, he doesn't. Remember that Trump "questioned" the American birth of Obama up until only about 2 months ago. When asked if Obama was a Christian or a Muslim, his responses where that he said he didn't know. That would be like if X says "I am a Christian", but I respond back "I don't know if X is a Christian", then there's obviously an insidious connotation to that.

As for me, I'm taking a "wait and see" attitude, although he's already off to a terrible start even before taking office as his approval rating has dropped since elected.

Yo do realize that Obama's birth country question was started by the Clinton campaign during the primaries in '08?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Yo do realize that Obama's birth country question was started by the Clinton campaign during the primaries in '08?
It was brought by an aid, and Hillary never supported his accusation. If my memory is correct, he was dismissed from the staff.

suncowiam

Because we are rational civilized adults.

We have to end this cycle of stupidity and understand any relationships with extreme differences can only exist with compromises.

Giving Trump a chance is not the same as accepting everything he does with blind faith. We still have the right to criticize him in a civil logical manner. If he fails, which is subjective in itself, then go after him. If he succeeds then at least give him some props.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Depends on the obstructionist. I have a feeling that Obama wasn't going to compromise anymore than the Republicans.

Anyways a party majority will get the creaky wheel of Goverment to roll again after being stuck for 8 years.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Because we are rational civilized adults.

We have to end this cycle of stupidity and understand any relationships with extreme differences can only exist with compromises.

Giving Trump a chance is not the same as accepting everything he does with blind faith. We still have the right to criticize him in a civil logical manner. If he fails, which is subjective in itself, then go after him. If he succeeds then at least give him some props.
The best mature statement I have heard here.

Milton Platt

So, let's just perpetuate the stupidity???

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member

Perhaps when two wrongs make a right, he won't deserve better -- but until then, democracy can only survive if those living under it behave according to democratic principles. It wouldn't take a lot, actually, to throttle the life out of it. Don't let that happen. For better or worse, Trump was duly elected according to the rules. And that's that!