• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do the Christians accuse Jesus of writing the NT Bible?

Muffled

Jesus in me
Why do the Christians accuse Jesus of writing the (whole) Bible?
While Jesus left nothing in writing, nor Jesus dictate anything to anybody. Isn't it a great sinful activity, please?
Right?

Regards
I believe that is due to the fact that Jesus is God in the flesh and it is God who has inspired the writing of the Bible. He is definitely in closer control of the NT through the paraclete.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I agree that Jesus is author of the whole bible since Jesus is God.
I believe author is not the same thing as writer. Even Paul had someone write for him because his eyes were bad. The author is much more significant than the writer.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
"It is easy to fail to understand that Jesus actually wrote all of the Bible."
What Are the Pros and Cons of Red Letter Bibles?

Regards
It's unfortunately true that despite all four versions of Jesus in the gospels not only never claiming to be God but directly denying that they're God, Christians in the 4th century invented the Trinity doctrine so as to solve church political problems by elevating Jesus to God status.

It results in nonsense such as you see on that page you quote.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Why do the Christians accuse Jesus of writing the (whole) Bible?
While Jesus left nothing in writing, nor Jesus dictate anything to anybody. Isn't it a great sinful activity, please?
Right?

Regards

Many Christians believe Jesus Christ was God's Son and existed prior to His fulfillment of prophesy and returned as described in the Gospels.and actually the Creator in the Name of God.

Possibly many believe Jesus inspired or indirectly guided those that wrote the Bible.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

“ there are seven. Orthodox, Ethiopian, Catholic, Protestant, Neo-Gnostic, Esoteric, and the newer movements “

paarsurrey post #47 in the thread " How Many Christian Denominations Are There?"

Does any of them reaches to (Jesus) Yeshua- the Israelite Messiah and his teachings or did they all stem from the fake vision Hellenist Paul fabricated, please, right???

Regards
Note: (Jesus) Yeshua- the Israelite Messiah never gave teachings or even supported the Hellenist deity (of dying, rising, atoning and ascending), if yes, then anybody kindly quote from him in this connection, please, right?

Exxx S. ,religion, Gothic Stoic said #50

None of the teachings of the Ebionites, Nazarenes, Jewish Christians, etc. have survived in the form of a traditional lineage, as far as I’m aware. All attempts at reconstructing their beliefs would therefore fall under the “newer movements” as a form of modern reconstructionism.

That said, much of the Neo-Gnostic, Esoteric, and newer movements do disregard Paul. I’ve only ever seen one Gnostic Christian defend Paul, and then they were buried under arguments from Neo-Sethians, Neo-Valentinians, Neo-Cathars, and Johannites.

That said, no teachings of Yeshua have survived to the modern age. All we have are post-contemporary accounts of what his followers believed. We can’t actually reconstruct what Yeshua taught or thought at all.

Exxx S. ,Gothic Stoic #52,

I agree that Paul/Saul of Tarsus is not a reliable source for what Yeshua bar Yosef of Nazareth taught or believed. In fact, if it wasn’t for Marcion preserving his letters, it seems many early Christians were content to have his views lost in the sands of time. By Saul’s own admission, he was not necessarily teaching the same things as Simon bar Yona and Ya’akov bar Yosef, who are the only historical figures that I think are likely to have known Yeshua in life.

However, the other texts we have about Yeshua are mostly anonymous or pseudonymous, written decades after his death, likely by people who never knew him personally. Even during Saul’s time, there was some fragmentation among Christians about what they believe, and all of these texts were written after some time had passed for these various concepts to grow into entire sub-movements like the Ebionites, the Nazarenes, the Sethians, the Valentinians, etc.

If Saul is not a reliable source on what Yeshua taught and believed, which I don’t think he is, then none of the other texts are, either, because they’re even further from the source.

Last edited:

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)

“ there are seven. Orthodox, Ethiopian, Catholic, Protestant, Neo-Gnostic, Esoteric, and the newer movements “

paarsurrey post #47 in the thread " How Many Christian Denominations Are There?"

Does any of them reaches to (Jesus) Yeshua- the Israelite Messiah and his teachings or did they all stem from the fake vision Hellenist Paul fabricated, please, right???

Regards
Note: (Jesus) Yeshua- the Israelite Messiah never gave teachings or even supported the Hellenist deity (of dying, rising, atoning and ascending), if yes, then anybody kindly quote from him in this connection, please, right?

None of the teachings of the Ebionites, Nazarenes, Jewish Christians, etc. have survived in the form of a traditional lineage, as far as I’m aware. All attempts at reconstructing their beliefs would therefore fall under the “newer movements” as a form of modern reconstructionism.

That said, much of the Neo-Gnostic, Esoteric, and newer movements do disregard Paul. I’ve only ever seen one Gnostic Christian defend Paul, and then they were buried under arguments from Neo-Sethians, Neo-Valentinians, Neo-Cathars, and Johannites.

That said, no teachings of Yeshua have survived to the modern age. All we have are post-contemporary accounts of what his followers believed. We can’t actually reconstruct what Yeshua taught or thought at all.

I agree that Paul/Saul of Tarsus is not a reliable source for what Yeshua bar Yosef of Nazareth taught or believed. In fact, if it wasn’t for Marcion preserving his letters, it seems many early Christians were content to have his views lost in the sands of time. By Saul’s own admission, he was not necessarily teaching the same things as Simon bar Yona and Ya’akov bar Yosef, who are the only historical figures that I think are likely to have known Yeshua in life.

However, the other texts we have about Yeshua are mostly anonymous or pseudonymous, written decades after his death, likely by people who never knew him personally. Even during Saul’s time, there was some fragmentation among Christians about what they believe, and all of these texts were written after some time had passed for these various concepts to grow into entire sub-movements like the Ebionites, the Nazarenes, the Sethians, the Valentinians, etc.

If Saul is not a reliable source on what Yeshua taught and believed, which I don’t think he is, then none of the other texts are, either, because they’re even further from the source.

You bring up names like Neo-Gnostic, etc., but beyond that nothing...so the scriptures delineate the fact that there were factions back then, some following Jesus, others not, some believing in a resurrection, others not. So?

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)

Regards

Why would some say that Jesus wrote the Bible? Can you explain in simple enough words as to why some might say that Jesus wrote the Bible? thanks.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
You bring up names like Neo-Gnostic, etc., but beyond that nothing...so the scriptures delineate the fact that there were factions back then, some following Jesus, others not, some believing in a resurrection, others not. So?
There were factions that believed in Jesus. For example, there were the Marcionites, teh Gnostics, the Nazarenes (Jews that continued practicing Judaism while believing in Jesus) and the proto-Catholic/Orthodox of Pauline tradition.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Why do the Christians accuse Jesus that NT Bible is from him?

One many like paarsurrey post #22 and post #31 in the thread ” The Didache ”

post #22

What does didache mean in the Catholic church?

Teaching of the Twelve Apostles

Didachē, (Greek: “Teaching”) also called Teaching of the Twelve Apostles, the oldest surviving Christian church order, probably written in Egypt or Syria in the 2nd century.
Didache | Definition, History, Importance, & Facts – Britannica

1690328086657.png
Britannica
https://www.britannica.com › … › Scriptures
Search for: What does didache mean in the Catholic church?

post #31

Ixxxoxxxxdxxx9 said: #30
Protestants are “Bible only.” They don’t really care about books that are not the bible, to their detriment, as they therefore know very little about how the early church worked or how their own doctrines like trinitarianism came to be mainstream. They also falsely imagine that the early church was like evangelical churches, when in fact the historical evidence indicates the early church was more of a proto catholic/orthodox variety that believed in Real Presence, infant baptism, salvific baptism, the authority of the bishops, and much much more.
paarsurrey wrote:

So neither the Catholics nor the Protestants have anything from Jesus/Yeshua- the truthful Israelite Messiah, right?

Regards

Last edited:

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

Isn't it an accusation against Yeshua that he was "son of god", right??
One many like paarsurrey post #39 in the thread ” Who is Jesus to you? :

paarsurrey said:#22

To me:
Jesus/Yeshua a truthful prophet of G-d and the truthful Israelite Messiah, I love him, right?
Yeshua- the truthful Israelite Messiah cannot be G-d, he was son of Mary who was never a wife unto god, right?
Friends @Mxxxxxd #28, #37,@Txxxxxxxxxh #32 !
Jesus/Yeshua - the truthful Israelite Messiah was an Israelite (aka Jew) and he followed in the Word of G-d given to Moses (aka Torah), right?
He is reported to have claimed to be "Son of God" (not by him in first person but by anonymous narrators in third person) in the sense it was usually used in the Torah ( aka OT), right?
Which, therefore, only meant:
  1. being loved by "G-d"-('the-father')/Allah/YHVH or
  2. a chosen one (Messenger/Prophet)of Him, right?
It is ,therefore, wrong to take "son of god" in physical terms, right?
It is out of context that the Christianity people, all 45000+ denominations (including JWs and LDS ), if they take it in physical and or literal terms , right?

Regards

Last edited:

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I'm sure the Catholic Church wrote most of the Bible.
Do the Protestants and other 45000+ denomination of the Christendom agree with your above notion, please, right??

Regards
There are more than 45,000 Christian denominations globally and more than 200 in the U.S., according to the Center for the Study of Global Christianity. Most of the denominations came to be after the Protestant Reformation in 1517.Apr 7, 2023

You might be surprised at how many Christian denominations ...​

1698260793568.jpeg
Orange County Register
https://www.ocregister.com › 2023/04/07 › you-might-b...

List of Christian denominations by number of members - Wikipedia

You might be surprised at how many Christian denominations ...

Christian Denominations

IndigoChild5559

This question puzzles me for two reasons.

The first is that I have never heard a Christain say that Jesus wrote the New Testament. The believe a number of different authors wrote it, especially Paul.

The second is that by using the word "accuse" you make it seem like writing the New Testament is a bad thing. You accuse people of wrongs. Christians consider the New Testament to be a wonderful thing, so it is not really appropriate to use the word accuse.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member

Hi, @paarsurrey

Roughly speaking, what we call accusations are situations that we find in some way wrong or regrettable and that we consider some specific people or group responsible for.

Christians (a group of which I take no part) don't uniformly consider Jesus/Yeshua to be the son of god and/or god itself, but most do - or, at least, are nominally adherents of churches and other movements that declare that it is so.

Also, we should probably take into account that most Christians just don't have much trouble with the idea of Jesus being both a Prophet and also literally the son of god and in some sense that god itself. It is a logical contradiction by certain expectations, but they have grown used to contemplating those contradictions as displays of divine transcendence, mysteries of faith, or perhaps both.

I expect that to be a bit of a shock to the expectations of the average Muslim. If I am not mistaken, you are usually taught very emphatically that god and human beings are very much separate and of distinct natures, and that it is very important indeed to recognize and separate them properly. It even seems to factor into much of your practical actions and decisions in everyday life.

The simple truth is that those are Muslim expectations. Some Christians might come from a comparable and somewhat similar set of conceptions and expectations, but most will not. They do not have any problem with Jesus being both human, god and son of god. Nor would they be bothered if somehow it turned out that Jesus wrote any or even all of the Bible; it is no secret that many Christians wish they had an actual Gospel of Jesus. If I am not mistaken, there were in fact claims that such a text turned up in some way. That isn't inherently wrong for Christians, and may in fact be a blessing that they just don't expect to receive.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
I don't particularly like a "Red Letter Bible," putting what Jesus said in red letters, I'd rather read it as integrated in the text, but putting Jesus' words in red letters doesn't mean that Jesus wrote the Bible.
The red letter Bible does mean Jesus wrote the Bible. It is felt by those who made it that Jesus's words are the most important part of the Gospels.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
There is no conclusive evidence for the final compilation of the Gospels and the Didache. I believe the final compilation was by Hellenist Jewish Christians from Syria and Asia Minor who were converted by Paul and/or their descendants.

Last edited:

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Do the Protestants and other 45000+ denomination of the Christendom agree with your above notion, please, right??

Regards
Yes, there are thousands of denominations of Christianity, but they do not determine who compiled and edited the NT. There is no known original text of the Bible and no text is known to exist before ~150 AD. The Bible evolved to a large extent before all these divisions of Christianity existed. The early church was being persecuted.. What would be the Roman Church would soon come into being, and a collection of diverse texts called gospels existed copies of letters claimed to be from Paul and Peter, and an assortment of other documents.

Constantine's rule AD 306 to 337 acceptance of Christianity and set the stage for the standardization of scripture and doctrine,

From 325 to 787 the Bishops of Rome formed 6 Councils requested by Constantine to determine the Books of the NT, and resolved doctrine disputes such as the Trinity.

Yes, the Roman Church determined the scripture and fundamental doctrine. that determines the dominant beliefs we have today

IndigoChild5559

From 325 to 787 the Bishops of Rome formed 6 Councils requested by Constantine to determine the Books of the NT, and resolved doctrine disputes such as the Trinity.
The only ecumenical council that I'm aware Constantine convened was the Council of Nicea, and it had nothing to do with setting canon. I find it odd that you think Constantine would have anything to do with any council in 787, long after he was dead. I'm obviously missing something.