• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do the Christians accuse Jesus of writing the NT Bible?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Why do the Christians accuse Jesus of writing the (whole) Bible?
While Jesus left nothing in writing, nor Jesus dictate anything to anybody. Isn't it a great sinful activity, please?
Right?

Regards

Last edited:

Viker

Häxan
Never heard of that. Even in Sunday school we learned and knew better.

(Yes, I did go to Sunday school sometimes when I was a kid. Even...... BIBLE CAMP!:confused::eek:)

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Guess what? They fudged that. They could/should have said he inspired every word and left it at that. Paul wrote most of the New Testament and Moses is credited for the first five books of the Old Testament (from my early protestant background).
Isn't it a sinful activity, please?

Regards

paradox

(㇏(•̀ᵥᵥ•́)ノ)
What Are the Pros and Cons of Red Letter Bibles?
The reader of the New Testament would be able to quickly find the words of Jesus and confirm the “authenticity of the Old Testament.”
Jerusalem Bible in addition to footnotes contains references to passages on the sides of pages for every verse that is a reference to OT, and also references to other verses or books that may explain text or verse in more detail, giving a wider context.
I find this more useful than any other bible including red letter bible for which I didn't know it exists.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Jerusalem Bible in addition to footnotes contains references to passages on the sides of pages for every verse that is a reference to OT, and also references to other verses or books that may explain text or verse in more detail, giving a wider context.
I find this more useful than any other bible including red letter bible for which I didn't know it exists.
What would one say about the other points in my post #6, please?

Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I agree that Jesus is author of the whole bible since Jesus is God.
Did Jesus claim that Jesus is the author of the whole bible in a straightforward and unambiguous manner, please?
If yes then kindly quote from Jesus, please. Right?

Regards

paradox

(㇏(•̀ᵥᵥ•́)ノ)
Did Jesus claim that Jesus is the author of the whole bible in a straightforward and unambiguous manner, please?
Jesus also didn't explicitly and unambiguously say "God exists".
Therefore according to your logic God doesn't exist just because Jesus didn't say it.
Nonsense.

joelr

Do they mention Persian and Greek sources?

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Why do the Christians accuse Jesus of writing the (whole) Bible?
While Jesus left nothing in writing, nor Jesus dictate anything to anybody. Isn't it a great sinful activity, please?
Right?

Regards

The Bible was written from talks and stories narrated by Jesus the Christ.

The same way the Quran was, but it took longer to record the Word of God as spoken by Jesus in the early days of the Christain faith.

Regards Tony

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
paarsurrey said:
Jesus also didn't explicitly and unambiguously say "God exists".
Therefore according to your logic God doesn't exist just because Jesus didn't say it.
Nonsense.

Does one mean that it is doubtful that Jesus authored the (whole) NT Bible, please?

Regards

paradox

(㇏(•̀ᵥᵥ•́)ノ)
Does one mean that it is doubtful that Jesus authored the (whole) NT Bible, please?
It's not doubtful unless you doubt Jesus is God.

The only thing that is doubtful by some is definition of a trinity.
Scriptures say holy spirit is the author, but holy spirit is God and so is Jesus, there is one God therefore God is the author.